Author Topic: Do I have a chance?  (Read 6719 times)

JohnMont

• Getbig I
Do I have a chance?
« on: December 04, 2007, 11:21:10 AM »
Hey everybody;

I'm a 53 yo male who is looking to CHANGE, big time.  I am 5-11; 200; have put a lot of disproportionate wt. around my middle.  I'm looking for sincere critique on how I can loose the gut (most of it anyway) and build up the rest.  i have worked out in the past, but never last for more than 2 months.  i want to get addicted to the gym!  Any suggestions?    I hope it isn't too late for me.
more pics can be sent by email:    johnwmont53@yahoo.com

JohnMont

• Getbig I
more pics.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 11:23:01 AM »
to give you a better idea

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: Do I have a chance?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 12:01:49 PM »
It's never too late.  Start getting your diet in order, that would be the first thing I would look at doing, then start doing some light training and cardio, start out slow and work up from there.

At your age you definitely don't want to jump right in and go too hard, take it nice and easy for a few months because your body is going to go into shock from the work.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 12:14:21 PM »
Hey everybody;

I'm a 53 yo male who is looking to CHANGE, big time.  I am 5-11; 200; have put a lot of disproportionate wt. around my middle.  I'm looking for sincere critique on how I can loose the gut (most of it anyway) and build up the rest.  i have worked out in the past, but never last for more than 2 months.  i want to get addicted to the gym!  Any suggestions?    I hope it isn't too late for me.
more pics can be sent by email:    johnwmont53@yahoo.com
its too late,give it up old timer ;)

welcome to the thunderdome.

bench

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 12:34:50 PM »
Haha, I was tempted to do the same but he posted this in the "Positive" section so I kinda went with it =)

JohnMont

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 02:35:22 PM »

so; which is it, guys;  give up or go for it?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 02:40:48 PM »

Are you really going to let some random guys on the internet decide the fate of your own health and well being?

Grab your balls and get in the gym.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 04:02:11 PM »
Are you really going to let some random guys on the internet decide the fate of your own health and well being?

Grab your balls and get in the gym.

Exactly ! Couldn't have said it better myself ! Get off your ass and do something, Brother ... if you want to change badly enough, you WILL !! Good luck !  :)

JohnMont

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 06:39:29 PM »

Thanks,
'course I'm not going to let that guy decide.  I know that at any age you can start working out and get results.  Just looking for  a little pos. reinforcement.  I'm reactivating my "Y" membership tomorrow and getting to it .   I'm hoping this website will be helpful.  But looking at a web site isn't going to get me in shape, so, yeah Iron Disciple ; it's time to grab those balls; and Emmortal; thanks for the first bit of advice.  Slow and steady at first ; but I plan to keep it up; follow a regular schedule; make the gym a major part of my life .
So here goes.  Thanks again

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 07:08:35 PM »
Thanks,
'course I'm not going to let that guy decide.  I know that at any age you can start working out and get results.  Just looking for  a little pos. reinforcement.  I'm reactivating my "Y" membership tomorrow and getting to it .   I'm hoping this website will be helpful.  But looking at a web site isn't going to get me in shape, so, yeah Iron Disciple ; it's time to grab those balls; and Emmortal; thanks for the first bit of advice.  Slow and steady at first ; but I plan to keep it up; follow a regular schedule; make the gym a major part of my life .
So here goes.  Thanks again

Again ... the best of luck to you, Bud.  ;)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 03:20:39 AM »

Why are you even asking this stupid question.  Yes, you are out of shape and need to work out to fix it. 

That gut can go and there will be nothing but positives from its exit from your life. Ohh.. I don't know guys, I don't know whether I want to make my life better...  Someone tell me to do it and I'll do it!

You'll never last relying on other peoples reinforcement.  Its only you that will be on that treadmill.  Nobody will be encouraging you to try just a little bit harder.  Nobody will really be forcing you to stay on that diet. 

The good news is, its all worth it.  Should you make it, I'm sure you'll be a much happier guy.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 03:27:02 AM »
  HAHAHAHA  OF ALL THE boards on the internet to ask this... ;D

anyway as was said it is NEVER too late. Best of luck to you.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 03:58:56 AM »
Why are you even asking this stupid question.  Yes, you are out of shape and need to work out to fix it. 

That gut can go and there will be nothing but positives from its exit from your life. Ohh.. I don't know guys, I don't know whether I want to make my life better...  Someone tell me to do it and I'll do it!

You'll never last relying on other peoples reinforcement.  Its only you that will be on that treadmill.  Nobody will be encouraging you to try just a little bit harder.  Nobody will really be forcing you to stay on that diet. 

The good news is, its all worth it.  Should you make it, I'm sure you'll be a much happier guy.

The truth.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 01:31:33 PM »
I think attending nascar events and tailgate parties is more of your path......

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 04:59:11 PM »
I think attending nascar events and tailgate parties is more of your path......
agreed,if he has to ask for strangers approval on the internet to get his ass into a gym then he doesnt need to waste his time pretending.

bench

JohnMont

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
agreed,if he has to ask for strangers approval on the internet to get his ass into a gym then he doesnt need to waste his time pretending.

bench

Fuck you

JohnMont

• Getbig I
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 07:40:17 PM »

bench

So; this isn't the place to seek out positive advice.  Actually; a lot of the guys in here have done just that and I'm getting started.  For all anybody knows' you are just as big of a pretender as anyone.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 07:44:40 PM »

you fucking pussy!
heres what you do
eat 2200 calories a day with a macro nutrient proportion of 70% protein 20% carb 10% fats. make all of your carbs from veggies, and eat them only AFTER your done training. get your 10% fat intake from healthy omega 3, 6, and 9 fat sources ONLY. ABSOLUTELY NO simple carbs, sugars, processed foods, saturated fats, trans fats, or alcohol. eat every three hours, small meals.
get the fuck in the gym for a lifting session everyday.
do cardio 3 times a week, AT LEAST.

come back when your not such a little bitch.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 07:50:37 PM »
So; this isn't the place to seek out positive advice.  Actually; a lot of the guys in here have done just that and I'm getting started.  For all anybody knows' you are just as big of a pretender as anyone.
its funny,all you are doing is talking.have you got back into the gym yet?

bench

AVBG

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 09:38:14 PM »
poor choice of forum to discuss this topic.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 09:40:38 PM »

Fuck you
Responding two times to the same post meltdown.

If you have to ask, you'll never know.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 09:52:03 PM »
poor choice of forum to discuss this topic.

Agreed. The Thread's starting to get a little out of hand ... I won't intervene though ... not just yet, anyways. Watch the Language, fellas ... specifically, Candidizzle and JohnMont. Thank you.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 09:58:15 PM »

Agreed. The Thread's starting to get a little out of hand ... I won't intervene though ... not just yet, anyways. Watch the Language, fellas ... specifically, Candidizzle and JohnMont. Thank you.
Yeah, what a couple of kunts those two guys are!

I know, I know....... 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 10:20:40 PM »
Yeah, what a couple of kunts those two guys are!

I know, I know....... 8)

;) ... deep, deep, deep, deep down inside your a good guy at Heart, Chaos. And you know it !  :D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 10:24:51 PM »
;) ... deep, deep, deep, deep down inside your a good guy at Heart, Chaos. And you know it !  :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!