Author Topic: ladies I need some help  (Read 1037 times)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
ladies I need some help
« on: December 17, 2007, 12:10:33 PM »
With Christmas pending, I need some help dealing with one of my employees and Chrismas..... The problem is I'm slightly afraid that she will feel obligated to get me some sort of a Christmas gift this year.   She's been sick this last fall, running up some medical bills and missing over a week of work.  Then last week a tree fell on her house.  I know she's really, really strapped for cash with all of that going on and the last thing I want her to do is waste money on myself or anyone else we work with. 

I tried to drop hints the other week basically telling her and some of the other workers I didn't want anything for Christmas, I wasn't getting anyone anything for Christmas and I didn't want anything from anyone.  I'm getting the impression she's going to try to get office gifts anyway. 

Any suggestions on how to let her know I really don't want her to waste money on any of us in the office without being a prick about it?  I've considered just pulling her aside and talking with her, but I also don't want to come across as an asshole for doing that too. 

Thanks.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Re: ladies I need some help
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 01:51:37 PM »
Can't believe you've not yet had any fantastic advice here, but I'm sure you will, soon...

If you are the boss, I suggest you stipulate to everyone that there will be no presents whatsoever, and say let's just have a drink after work.

Then have a whip-round for the most unfortunate employee of the year and put it discretly in an envelope on her desk from everyone?
xL

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 06:09:36 PM »
That's nice of you to be considerate of her situation.  I can't imagine that it would be taken badly if you just tell her.  I agree, if you are boss, just make a rule for the office that there will be no gifts. 

:)
:)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 06:15:11 PM »
With Christmas pending, I need some help dealing with one of my employees and Chrismas..... The problem is I'm slightly afraid that she will feel obligated to get me some sort of a Christmas gift this year.   She's been sick this last fall, running up some medical bills and missing over a week of work.  Then last week a tree fell on her house.  I know she's really, really strapped for cash with all of that going on and the last thing I want her to do is waste money on myself or anyone else we work with. 

I tried to drop hints the other week basically telling her and some of the other workers I didn't want anything for Christmas, I wasn't getting anyone anything for Christmas and I didn't want anything from anyone.  I'm getting the impression she's going to try to get office gifts anyway. 

Any suggestions on how to let her know I really don't want her to waste money on any of us in the office without being a prick about it?  I've considered just pulling her aside and talking with her, but I also don't want to come across as an asshole for doing that too. 

Thanks.

Fire her!!
Just be honest and do what you have in mind ("considered just pulling her aside and talking with her"), if you are the boss, take advantage of that, she will understand, if not, at least you know you did the right thing.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 10:26:22 AM »
Tell her in lieu of spending money on gifts...........this year you will take "sexual favors" instead

;)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 10:46:32 AM »
I agree w/the serious responses here (sorry Mike ;D ).
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 11:28:28 AM »
Tell her in lieu of spending money on gifts...........this year you will take "sexual favors" instead

;)
hmmm, I'm pretty broke too.  Should I offer the same?

>:(

j/k  ;D
:D Weee