Author Topic: The latest Flex lingerie issue  (Read 6128 times)

The General

• Getbig III
  • The Absolute leader
The latest Flex lingerie issue
« on: December 18, 2007, 12:55:20 PM »
  Hey gies I was wondering if you saw the latest issue of Flex magazine "the lingerie one" ? Indeet a very dissapointing issue and I am sure that most of you will agree with me in that sense that the publishers of Flex magazine have just REPRINTED the same pictures from their older ones,no creativity whatsoever,despite the presence of a new model that I am certain that nobody has heard about her prior.I think the issue needed more dedication and work rather than a reprint.I am very dissapointed from Flex magazine directors and how they publish their magazine.The drop of quality and sincerety is obvious to all of us. ???

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: The latest Flex lingerie issue
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 01:09:53 PM »
Dude come on Monica was in there.  8)

I think it's a smart idea for them to put an MMA girl on the cover. She looks like a competitor. I wrote more on it at: http://www.hardbody.com/news/2007/12/12/flex-magazines-2008-lingerie-issue/
Elevate Your Image.™

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 02:37:35 PM »
I have to disagree with you there Mr. Hinds. All though she is beautiful she doesn't look much like a competitor to me. When I used to purchase the magazines I wanted to see athletes, not models. Just my two cents.... :-*
M

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 03:54:41 PM »
I have to disagree with you there Mr. Hinds. All though she is beautiful she doesn't look much like a competitor to me. When I used to purchase the magazines I wanted to see athletes, not models. Just my two cents.... :-*
Don't hate on the girl cause she has better abs than you. You don't buy the magazines so your point is mute.  :-X

She looks like she could hold her own on a figure stage.
Elevate Your Image.™

Rick Lohre

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 05:21:10 PM »
Dude Julie Lohre was in there....OK shameless plug!  LOL
But seriously, I don't have the last 10 issues of the Lingerie issue, so lots of the photos WERE new to me.
Not to mention, what a nice tribute to the Master of Fitness industry photography Robert Rieff who has shot the issues for the last 10 years!!! Rough job Robert, if you need a break, lemme know bro!
Also, talk about appealing to the masses, the previous issues contained mostly competitors as well as the new model.  I'm not sure about all of you, but almost every guy I know (and his brother) are into MMA.  So I think they did a great job.
In all, I loved the issue.  Then again, how could I complain...LOL!

Rick

Krissy C.

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 06:49:21 PM »
Dude Julie Lohre was in there....OK shameless plug!  LOL
But seriously, I don't have the last 10 issues of the Lingerie issue, so lots of the photos WERE new to me.
Not to mention, what a nice tribute to the Master of Fitness industry photography Robert Rieff who has shot the issues for the last 10 years!!! Rough job Robert, if you need a break, lemme know bro!
Also, talk about appealing to the masses, the previous issues contained mostly competitors as well as the new model.  I'm not sure about all of you, but almost every guy I know (and his brother) are into MMA.  So I think they did a great job.
In all, I loved the issue.  Then again, how could I complain...LOL!

Rick

Wow Rick!
What a GREAT pic of Julie and Kendra! I will have to pick up a copy :)
Krissy Chin BS, MSPT
IFBB PRO

The General

• Getbig III
  • The Absolute leader
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 06:25:00 AM »
 I totally agree with "mbell" indeet we need to see more athletes rather than models.It might have been a perfect issue if for example included the top competitors of thie year's womens bodybuilding,fitness and figure athletes in lengerie....... we need more serious work from Flex magazine management team.  ???

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 06:37:27 AM »
I totally agree with "mbell" indeet we need to see more athletes rather than models.It might have been a perfect issue if for example included the top competitors of thie year's womens bodybuilding,fitness and figure athletes in lengerie....... we need more serious work from Flex magazine management team.  ???
Every photos was of an a competitor. 24 wasn't enough for you? The only one that wasn't was the cover. What other magazines are putting out lingerie issues with competitors?

There were photos of these competitors:
2007 - Jelena Abbou
2007 - Julie Lohre & Kendra Elias
2005 - Carla Sanchez
2003 - Elaine Goodlad
2003 - Timea Majorova
2003 - Sharon Christian
2002 - Jenny Worth
2002 - Kary Odiatu
2002 - Timea Marjorova
2001 - Beth Horn
2000 - Stacy Simon
1999 - Amanda Blank & Laurie Vaniman
1999 - Lena Johannesen
1998 - Alexanra Béres
1998 - Minna Lessig
1998 - MaDonna Grimes & Minna Lessig
1997 - Leigh Annna Ross
1997 - Sharon Bruneau
1997 - Barbara Moran
1997 - Milamar Flores
1996 - Erica Kern
1996 - Cory Everson
1996 - Sharon Bruneau
1996 - Monica Brant
Elevate Your Image.™

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 07:23:01 AM »
Don't hate on the girl cause she has better abs than you. You don't buy the magazines so your point is mute.  :-X

She looks like she could hold her own on a figure stage.

Hating, me??? Oh Isaac I thought you knew me better thank that!
M

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 10:14:39 AM »
I think it's a smart idea for them to put an MMA girl on the cover.

She's hot.  What's her record?

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 05:56:40 AM »
Pop goes the weasel. Denny Crane. Still cuckoo for Coco Puffs. Who's your daddy? Denny Crane. Pop goes the weasel.  :o
Denny Crane. Denny Crane.