Author Topic: Merry Everything and Happy Always  (Read 1406 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Merry Everything and Happy Always
« on: December 20, 2007, 04:55:40 PM »
I'm visiting friends this weekend and family next week, so I thought I'd sent my best wishes and mad love to you now.

xL

Have a lovely time without me, tell me if i miss anything (I'll miss you...
take care

and I hope everything gets better & happier next year.  2007 was an extremely weird year.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Re: Merry Everything and Happy Always
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 07:05:34 PM »
merry christmas linda... :)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 10:49:29 AM »
Changed my mind (a woman's perogative?

I'm staying home and going to visit on Boxing Day instead, I can eat all their leftovers.  I decided I'll be happier (Ho Ho Ho) at home.  I chose to be single and childless and I've realised I'd probably be sad and out of place with friends and their family.  I don't want to wake up under their Christmas tree, so I've just erected a gorgeous 2' mini tree with pulsating lights all for me.  Well, I hung it from the ceiling.  I can sit underneath it.

Also I spent last year there with my oldest bestest mate at Cambridge & think it best I do something different each year.  I've stayed home in London alone before many times, I see my neighbours and make phone calls long distance...

Deedee, I did something completely mad the other day.  I read my outbox sent messages and had to switch it off immediately.  Then I put xxxLinda in the search box and read some of the stuff people have written about me.   

Holy Baloney, I sent you some horrid pms around this time last year, so bad I couldn't even read past the first line.  Not sure whether I should go back and read what I wrote.  The threads in which I'm mentioned but never saw which I just now found by searching my name are rather bad too, so I'm glad I missed them and am able to laugh about them now.

I'm dreadfully sorry.  I was upset about everything and so pissed off for being banned for double-posting.  & I still haven't figured out how to do that thing you do with the multiple quote boxes when responding to posts.

& I obviously haven't yet worked out how to post politely and without anger.  My sense of humour differs from most (and I so know I talk too much.  The excuse that I type 90wpm doesn't really suffice does it?

Anyways, please forgive me for my awful behaviour if I have offended anyone...

Peace and Love
xL

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »
Merry Christmas to you too Linda!
w

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 09:34:02 AM »
Merry Christmas Linda!

What is boxing day?
R

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 09:59:43 AM »
Merry Christmas Linda!

What is boxing day?

Thats where the crazy cannuks don some boxing gloves and beat the snot out of each other
X

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 12:51:07 PM »
STella,

Boxing Day is a British Tradition that has been handed down over the years and observed in most Commonwealth countries. In Canada, Boxing day is the day after Christmas, but it is also a statutory holiday, so while it is the day after Christmas, it's most often observed the day after, the day after Christmas,

It's re-gifting on steroids ...with a neat little twist.

Traditionally, when people got gifts they didn't like, want, or need, ...they would 'box them up' and bring them to poor houses so as not to waste anything. They would re-gift them to the poor. So the day after Christmas became known as "Boxing Day", 'cause that's when everyone would do their 'boxing'

Over the years, after the mad rush of Christmas, and retailers having turned their profits for the year, the day after Christmas became famous for slashing the prices up to 90% off, in order to clear out any christmas merchandise that didn't sell before the holidays.

Some people budget for both Christmas & Boxing Day, because they know that Boxing Day, they can get things for up to 90% off in the stores.

Some last minute shoppers will even get the jump on the Boxing day sales, because retailers will often start prepping their boxing day items Christmas eve. If you thought the malls were crowded during Christmas, you haven't seen a crowd until you've seen a 'Boxing Day' crowd.

So LH was partly right when he said:

Thats where the crazy cannuks don some boxing gloves and beat the snot out of each other

Those crowds can get pretty pushy, and fights have occasionally been known to break out over items.

In addition, some people wait till Boxing day to buy presents for the people they won't be seeing on Christmas Day.

Boxing Day = Bargains Galore!
w

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 03:08:17 PM »

Traditionally, when people got gifts they didn't like, want, or need, ...they would 'box them up' and bring them to poor houses so as not to waste anything. They would re-gift them to the poor. So the day after Christmas became known as "Boxing Day", 'cause that's when everyone would do their 'boxing'

That's a nice tradition

R

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 01:49:48 PM »
I have very few friends and most of my family are dead already...

Christmas sorted !!!

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 06:19:20 PM »
Boxing Day Madness Sales are for the brave and the determined, and people who don't mind getting up at the crack of dawn to get a good place in line for when the door opens and everyone rushes it!

Deedee, I did something completely mad the other day.  I read my outbox sent messages and had to switch it off immediately.  Then I put xxxLinda in the search box and read some of the stuff people have written about me.   

Holy Baloney, I sent you some horrid pms around this time last year, so bad I couldn't even read past the first line.  Not sure whether I should go back and read what I wrote.  The threads in which I'm mentioned but never saw which I just now found by searching my name are rather bad too, so I'm glad I missed them and am able to laugh about them now.

I'm dreadfully sorry.  I was upset about everything and so pissed off for being banned for double-posting.  & I still haven't figured out how to do that thing you do with the multiple quote boxes when responding to posts.

& I obviously haven't yet worked out how to post politely and without anger.  My sense of humour differs from most (and I so know I talk too much.  The excuse that I type 90wpm doesn't really suffice does it?

Anyways, please forgive me for my awful behaviour if I have offended anyone...

Peace and Love
xL

Good times.  ;D 

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 05:26:54 AM »
STella,

Boxing Day is a British Tradition that has been handed down over the years and observed in most Commonwealth countries. In Canada, Boxing day is the day after Christmas, but it is also a statutory holiday, so while it is the day after Christmas, it's most often observed the day after, the day after Christmas,

It's re-gifting on steroids ...with a neat little twist.

Over the years, after the mad rush of Christmas, and retailers having turned their profits for the year, the day after Christmas became famous for slashing the prices up to 90% off, in order to clear out any christmas merchandise that didn't sell before the holidays.

Some people budget for both Christmas & Boxing Day, because they know that Boxing Day, they can get things for up to 90% off in the stores.

Some last minute shoppers will even get the jump on the Boxing day sales, because retailers will often start prepping their boxing day items Christmas eve. If you thought the malls were crowded during Christmas, you haven't seen a crowd until you've seen a 'Boxing Day' crowd.

So LH was partly right when he said:

Those crowds can get pretty pushy, and fights have occasionally been known to break out over items.

In addition, some people wait till Boxing day to buy presents for the people they won't be seeing on Christmas Day.

Boxing Day = Bargains Galore!
Bargins gallore is right! I just bought a 46" flat screen for f**k all! At the good old Future shop here in Toronto. Its a Sony high definition. I even scooped the surround sounds. I am in heaven with the picture quality.  :)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 07:16:07 AM »
Have you any money left?

'Tis the season of consumerism.

But I want one too.  I want one badly, now...

Does my head in
Christ, it's supposed to be a religious celebration during which we say thankyou, eat a wonderful meal and take stock of what we have, hug our friends and family etc., not hit the streets and buy more cheap crap.
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 07:30:50 AM »
my bestest oldest friend (where I spent New Year, I couldn't handle being there for Christmas so I stayed home alone instead)

gave her 14 year old daughter (for whom she pays $20,000 a year for posh education:  a new i-pod (she already wrecked the first one, it was the wrong colour); 20 or 50 books and at least that many CDs and DVDs; clothes (including a hot pink dressing gown with "Dreamer" embroidered across the back which must have cost at least £100 and is already too small for her given the amount of food we all ate)

and a yukeleylee.  How on earth do you spell that, it's not in my Oxford English Dicky.

Gorgeous little purple iridescent thing.  We strummed Auld Lang Syne "Should Old Aquaintance Be Forgot and Never Brought to Mind".   & danced.  Stupid.

I had a happier time home alone last year with a bottle of cheap Cava.  I'm being cynical.

xL

but maybe I really really really wanted a purple ukeleylee thing.  Perhaps I'm jealous.