Author Topic: Online Shop/Sales  (Read 1941 times)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Online Shop/Sales
« on: December 27, 2007, 08:40:41 AM »
Man this place is dead! Heres something you guys probably know a bit about.

If I want to open an "Online Store" is there a preferred service used on the net? Is there a free "Shopping Cart" program that will just e-mail you when someone makes an order?

I am thinking of producing some pieces of specialty equipment for Strongman/PL. I have a couple sites registered already but just never got started because Im so damn busy most of the time.

Thanks! 8)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Online Shop/Sales
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 01:06:54 PM »

If I want to open an "Online Store" is there a preferred service used on the net? Is there a free "Shopping Cart" program that will just e-mail you when someone makes an order?

I am thinking of producing some pieces of specialty equipment for Strongman/PL. I have a couple sites registered already but just never got started because Im so damn busy most of the time.

Thanks! 8)

Most online shopping carts are not free. The closest is PayPal, and they can be a nightmare.
Depending on your product offerings, you may be able to get away with something like PayPal.
Another possiblity is ProPay. They're very user friendly, and can allow you to take credit cards over the phone
If you offer a wide variety, or if you want a really neat online shopping cart, try contacting Get Big's Garraeth.
He's designed a great one. You might need your own merchant accounts to make them work though.

Hope That Helps,
w

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 02:02:03 PM »
Most online shopping carts are not free. The closest is PayPal, and they can be a nightmare.
Depending on your product offerings, you may be able to get away with something like PayPal.
Another possiblity is ProPay. They're very user friendly, and can allow you to take credit cards over the phone
If you offer a wide variety, or if you want a really neat online shopping cart, try contacting Get Big's Garraeth.
He's designed a great one. You might need your own merchant accounts to make them work though.

Hope That Helps,

Helps a bit, thanks. ProPay looks really good. Cheap and easy, all I need for now. All I need is a secure way for people to place an order and payment info. I know I can pay for such services but I imagine there is a simple free program out there that would email me all the order info and I could just put it all in as I get it.

I like the setup at Elitefts.com.

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 09:42:02 AM »

Thanks! 8)

I've been using Cubecart for my store at www.caliberfitness.com for 3 years.  Its free to use, you can put as many items as you want and it accepts many different payment gateways including authorize and paypal.

You can check mine out at www.caliberfitness.com.  Comes with my web hosting service which only runs 9.99 a month

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 11:11:20 AM »
Sounds good. Looks easy and cheap. What hosting service do you prefer?

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 10:59:56 AM »

Thanks! 8)

I work in the payment processing industry, and the free cart that I've heard the most about is www.zencart.com.  It's ready to go with Authorize.net if you decide to add an automated payment gateway at some point too.