Author Topic: all the first borns of egypt  (Read 2383 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
all the first borns of egypt
« on: January 01, 2008, 01:04:23 AM »
think about it. all the first born sons of egypt were struck down. no matter how young. they were born into their situation, they had no control over it. god put them there. in that very situation. and then killed them. they had no control over the phaoroah's decisons. but they were all killed by god.

good job butchering those who were completely innocent and that had absolutely no control over the holding of the hebrews, all merciful , compassionate god ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: all the first borns of egypt
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 08:35:11 AM »
think about it. all the first born sons of egypt were struck down. no matter how young. they were born into their situation, they had no control over it. god put them there. in that very situation. and then killed them. they had no control over the phaoroah's decisons. but they were all killed by god.

good job butchering those who were completely innocent and that had absolutely no control over the holding of the hebrews, all merciful , compassionate god ::)

Happy New Year, JOHN MATRIX!

And don't forget Pharaoh and his father before him murdered all, not just the first born, but all male Hebrew babies.  Their actions had consequences which affected not only them, but also their children and all of Egypt.  The blood of the first born Egyptians is on the hands of their own parents, and on the hands of Pharaoh.

And don't forget that if the Egyptians had followed the passover instructions, which were no secret, just as the Hebrews did, the angel would have passed over them too and would have spared the Egyptian first born too.  Sounds very merciful and compassionate to me.  Just read the whole thing to get a more clear picture.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 10:46:25 AM »

What are you trying to say :-\

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 10:58:01 AM »
What are you trying to say :-\

Besides the usual, "God is a big, bad meanie", routine, I really can't tell!!

And don't forget Pharaoh and his father before him murdered all, not just the first born, but all male Hebrew babies.  Their actions had consequences which affected not only them, but also their children and all of Egypt.  The blood of the first born Egyptians is on the hands of their own parents, and on the hands of Pharaoh.

And don't forget that if the Egyptians had followed the passover instructions, which were no secret, just as the Hebrews did, the angel would have passed over them too and would have spared the Egyptian first born too.  Sounds very merciful and compassionate to me.  Just read the whole thing to get a more clear picture.

Not to mention the minor fact that Pharoah had nine chances to release the Israelites before the tenth and most lethal plague hit Egypt. But, why let that stand in the way of a good "God is a meanie" rant?  ;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 12:36:11 PM »

this is a moot point as god put the first murderer in place and had his life planned out, he knows the future and all. so god is basically the first mover in this string of murders and then proceeded to punish successive generations for actions of the previous to which he planned.

how fuggin rational is that?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 03:32:17 PM »
hahaha what is this thread? i was wasted

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 05:52:33 PM »

So it wasn't up to god up decide the punishment?  If someone takes another person hostage and tells that person's husband that if they don't do something by a certain time, the wife would be killed, but the husband for some reason or another doesn't get it done and the wife dies, who's fault is that?
They do.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 05:24:17 AM »
ok..i want to read this for myself..i'm assuming this story is in the bible..so if someone could give me chapter/verse etc..i'd appreciate it..
footloose and fancy free

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 06:01:24 AM »
So it wasn't up to god up decide the punishment?  If someone takes another person hostage and tells that person's husband that if they don't do something by a certain time, the wife would be killed, but the husband for some reason or another doesn't get it done and the wife dies, who's fault is that?

Hey Morrison!

Sorry, but I don't understand your post or how it has anything to do with my post.  Will you please explain?  Thank you!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 06:03:06 AM »
ok..i want to read this for myself..i'm assuming this story is in the bible..so if someone could give me chapter/verse etc..i'd appreciate it..

Start here:

Exodus 1 (New International Version)
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=exodus%201&version=31

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 03:55:32 PM »
Hey Morrison!

Sorry, but I don't understand your post or how it has anything to do with my post.  Will you please explain?  Thank you!

Yeah... It's a bit confusing.  What I'm saying is that regardless of God giving chances, he is still the one who killed all the first born sons.  It doesn't seem right for anyone to suffer just so that God can prove a point.
They do.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 04:12:15 PM »

god did whats best for mankind, its all normal man  ::)
are you delusional?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 06:24:40 AM »
this is a moot point as god put the first murderer in place and had his life planned out, he knows the future and all. so god is basically the first mover in this string of murders and then proceeded to punish successive generations for actions of the previous to which he planned.

how fuggin rational is that?

usmoke, let's say we agree that God created gravity.  Do you think that a man that purposely jumps off of a 95 story building should take no responsibility when he ends up dead on the sidewalk?   

Are you saying that if God knew the man was going to end up that way that God is to blame?
R

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 10:28:17 AM »
usmoke, let's say we agree that God created gravity.  Do you think that a man that purposely jumps off of a 95 story building should take no responsibility when he ends up dead on the sidewalk?   

Are you saying that if God knew the man was going to end up that way that God is to blame?

no, but your comparing a natural law to a murderer, not a very cogent analogy imo.

if god created a person or entity that would be murderous then yes he is responsible if he knew beforehand the destruction he would cause.