Author Topic: Jehovah, the small and local fertility deity...  (Read 952 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Jehovah, the small and local fertility deity...
« on: January 01, 2008, 02:29:23 AM »
Development of Jehovah
The development of monotheism is also different than the version the Holy Book want us to believe. Even the almighty God was once a small insignificant deity. Originally Jehovah was a nature deity, a fertility deity responsible for rain and sun and good crops. All over the holy land idols made of metal or clay are found, both female and male idols. The Jews worshipped a polytheistic fertility religion. Their main male tribal god originally also had a female companion. As late as 100 BC the farmers around Jerusalem practiced polytheistic fertility rituals. And in Jerusalem the temple prostitution flourished. The Jewish prohibition on making depictions of God is also far younger than the Bible claims. In Ugarit, 400 km from Jerusalem, a small figurine of clay was excavated. The figurine shows a bearded man an depicts “El”, the wise one and heavenly father, - an early version of Jehovah. Excavations also show that the Jews had altars of limestone where they honoured their ancestors and made offerings to the natural deities. Rain deities are always popular in desert areas, and the rain god Baal was worshipped in several varieties, - one of which was Jehovah.

http://www.bandoli.no/archaeology.htm
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Jehovah, the small and local fertility deity...
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 08:25:45 AM »
Trapezkerl, do you have trouble seeing regular size letters?  They are annoying to me.  I might read more of your posts if you'd stop using giant size letters.