Author Topic: Huckabee appears on Leno, crosses picket line  (Read 1863 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Huckabee appears on Leno, crosses picket line
« on: January 02, 2008, 09:04:39 PM »
MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) — Republican Mike Huckabee, a presidential candidate sounding a populist theme, appeared on the "Tonight Show" with Jay Leno on Wednesday despite the strike and picketing by the show's writers.

Earlier Wednesday, Huckabee said he supports the writers and did not think he would be crossing a picket line, because he believed the writers had made an agreement to allow late night shows back on the air.

"My understanding is that there was a special arrangement made for the late-night shows, and the writers have made this agreement to let the late night shows to come back on, so I don't anticipate that it's crossing a picket line," Huckabee told reporters traveling with him Wednesday from Fort Dodge to Mason City.

In fact, that is true only of David Letterman, who has a separate agreement with writers for his "Late Show."

Told he was mistaken and that writers had cleared only Letterman's show, Huckabee protested:

"But my understanding is there's a sort of dispensation given to the late-night shows, is that right?"

Told again that he was wrong, Huckabee murmured, "Hmmm," and, "Oh," before answering another question.

The former Arkansas governor faced an unfriendly reception.

A picketer outside the Burbank, Calif., studio where Leno tapes his show held a sign saying, "Huckabee is a scab." Another picketer carried a sign saying, "Huckabee, what would Jesus do?"

"I think it's just another reason not to vote for him," said Allan Katz, a veteran TV writer who was picketing.

Huckabee said he stood with the writers.

"I support the writers, by the way. Unequivocally, absolutely," he said. "They're dead right on this one. And they ought to get royalties off the residuals and the long-term contracts."

"I don't think anybody supports the producers on this one," he added. "Maybe the producers support the producers, but I think everybody in the business and even the general public supports the writers."

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Huckabee appears on Leno, crosses picket line
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 09:33:10 PM »
why does it seem like Huckabee is misinformed about everything?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 12:35:53 AM »

Seem?
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 05:18:26 AM »

When I bombed a test in high school or college, I wish I could have just told the professors that i "seemed misinformed", instead of, "I was wrong and completely didn't know my shit".

Huck didn't know about the assassination, and he didn't know about the NIE report, then later trivialized its importance "You know those reports say all kinds of things"... after all 16 intel agencies agreed completely.

Huck is a hack.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 07:22:19 AM »
  Y'know, I used to kinda like the guy.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 07:51:11 AM »
  Y'know, I used to kinda like the guy.

he's very likable.  He looks like Kevin Spacey.  Nice dude, definitely doesn't come off as phony or a filpflopper, as mitt/rudy do.  He's not a fearmonger, like rudy.  He's not a compulsive liar, like Mitt.

But he is kinda dumb on the biggest issues in the WORLD.  Which isn't what you look for in a guy to be pretty much IN CHARGE of teh world.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 08:04:13 AM »
Talk about a non-story.  Amazing how desperate liberals have become to try and attack Huckabee.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 08:30:09 AM »
Talk about a non-story.  Amazing how desperate liberals have become to try and attack Huckabee.

Rush Limbaugh was attacking Huck yesterday.

Is he a desperate liberal too, Beach Bum?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 09:17:49 AM »

He's actually getting it from both sides because the elites feel like he's not supposed to be where he's at right now...in the lead!   This is supposed to be the Sen. Clinton Sen. Obama  Sen. McCain  Rudy and Thompson show!  lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 09:23:36 AM »
huck is an elite.

on meet the press, he listed his future cabinet influence - they are globalists set on america controlling much of the global economy.

don't get confused - huck is all about US imperialism as much as all the other candidates.  He just does it with most charm.  He's almost the Dubya of 2008.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 09:29:52 AM »
huck is an elite.

on meet the press, he listed his future cabinet influence - they are globalists set on america controlling much of the global economy.

don't get confused - huck is all about US imperialism as much as all the other candidates.  He just does it with most charm.  He's almost the Dubya of 2008.
He might be now, but he wasn't not even 6 months ago.   Did you know who Mike Huckabee was a year/two ago, 5 years ago?  I didn't. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 09:31:31 AM »
He might be now, but he wasn't not even 6 months ago.   Did you know who Mike Huckabee was a year/two ago, 5 years ago?  I didn't. 

Well, what he is NOW is that matters.

Obama was a cokesnorting rich kid a few years ago.  Huck was a fatty.  Mitt was a lousy governor.  Rudy was using police resources to protect his mistress. 

They all have pasts.  What matters is how they feel now.  Not that I mind Huck being controlled by the elites, as most of the candidates are (except DK, RP, and gravel).

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 10:42:21 AM »

Oh sure he is.   ::) 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 10:51:57 AM »
When I bombed a test in high school or college, I wish I could have just told the professors that i "seemed misinformed", instead of, "I was wrong and completely didn't know my shit".

Huck didn't know about the assassination, and he didn't know about the NIE report, then later trivialized its importance "You know those reports say all kinds of things"... after all 16 intel agencies agreed completely.

Huck is a hack.

I'm aware - I was pointing out at that stuff as it happened

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 11:05:21 AM »
He might be now, but he wasn't not even 6 months ago.   Did you know who Mike Huckabee was a year/two ago, 5 years ago?  I didn't. 

I didn't pay attention to him until you started talking about him on this site.  He's hardly an "elite."  He hasn't been raking in money, he was the governor of a very small state, doesn't appear to be independently wealthy.  He shot up the polls because he presents himself as a smart, principled, likeable patriot, which unfortunately separated himself from most of the candidates in the race (i.e., most of the other candidates are flawed).  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 11:11:30 AM »
I didn't pay attention to him until you started talking about him on this site.  He's hardly an "elite."  He hasn't been raking in money, he was the governor of a very small state, doesn't appear to be independently wealthy.  He shot up the polls because he presents himself as a smart, principled, likeable patriot, which unfortunately separated himself from most of the candidates in the race (i.e., most of the other candidates are flawed).  

huck shares the goals of most candidates - he stated on meet the press that his foreign policy will be advised by some heavy hitting globalists.  huck will continue american influence in nearly every country in the world.  let there be no confusion about him being a 'good ol boy'.  He may be, but his foreign relations policy teams beliefs are state of the art globalism, right up there with mccains, hilary, and rudy.

he shot up in the repubs cause of all the reasons you mentioned... and because hes the only one without a ton of religious and flipflop issues.  Romney lies and rudy cheats, and they both supported abortion and gun contorl and gay rights... repub base no likey.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 11:14:07 AM »
I didn't pay attention to him until you started talking about him on this site.  He's hardly an "elite."  He hasn't been raking in money, he was the governor of a very small state, doesn't appear to be independently wealthy.  He shot up the polls because he presents himself as a smart, principled, likeable patriot, which unfortunately separated himself from most of the candidates in the race (i.e., most of the other candidates are flawed).   
There it is!   ;)

Hey, bro.  Sorry to see Hawaii get beat like that the other night.  I'm a fan of Georgia (and most SEC/Big 10 teams), but I was really pulling for Hawaii.  They weren't their normal selves, in my opinion, because they were caught up in the emotion of the game. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 11:15:15 AM »
huck shares the goals of most candidates - he stated on meet the press that his foreign policy will be advised by some heavy hitting globalists.  huck will continue american influence in nearly every country in the world.  let there be no confusion about him being a 'good ol boy'.  He may be, but his foreign relations policy teams beliefs are state of the art globalism, right up there with mccains, hilary, and rudy.

he shot up in the repubs cause of all the reasons you mentioned... and because hes the only one without a ton of religious and flipflop issues.  Romney lies and rudy cheats, and they both supported abortion and gun contorl and gay rights... repub base no likey.
So when the caucus comes to your town, who are you going to vote for?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 11:19:05 AM »
There it is!   ;)

Hey, bro.  Sorry to see Hawaii get beat like that the other night.  I'm a fan of Georgia (and most SEC/Big 10 teams), but I was really pulling for Hawaii.  They weren't their normal selves, in my opinion, because they were caught up in the emotion of the game. 

What's up mang?  Happy New Year.  It was tough to watch.  We couldn't handle Georgia's front seven.  Those DEs were just outstanding.  Colt didn't have time to go through his progression.  That was really the determining factor.  UH is really a much better team than they showed on Monday.   

But I'm still proud of our boys.  Great season. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 11:27:22 AM »
So when the caucus comes to your town, who are you going to vote for?

Dunno.

I'm jaded by the whole political process.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 11:28:43 AM »
I used to not care much for Leno's work.  Now I see that he's just another scab hurting the cause of his staff.  He's a multi-millionaire scab, but a scab nonetheless. 

I also see where Huckabee's allegiance lies:  Don't believe my actions (appearing on a scab show), believe my words (I support the writers).

How hypocritical of Huckabee.