Author Topic: anti-christ???  (Read 5087 times)

blinky

• Getbig V
anti-christ???
« on: January 03, 2008, 12:29:44 AM »
for those that believe.

do you think that he/she is already among us(alive)?
and if so do you have any thoughts as to who it might be?

personally from what im told by my mom(who has been a born again christian for at least 20 years)...yes he is alive and among us right now.
as for who he is i have no idea and neither does she. but she does say that he will come from Rome.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: anti-christ???
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 01:10:41 AM »
for those that believe.

personally from what im told by my mom(who has been a born again christian for at least 20 years)...yes he is alive and among us right now.
as for who he is i have no idea and neither does she. but she does say that he will come from Rome.

Wouldn't that depend upon your interpretation of Rome? Is Rome the literal interpretation, or a figurative one. I mean is Rome the city in Italy, or is Rome the established empire? In the case of the former, it's simple enough, but in the case of the latter, it would behoove you to know who is really pulling the strings worldwide, because it is from that established empire from which this anti-christ will rise up. Rome is not the empire of old, but rather the central pervasive authority of the time.
w

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 04:32:56 AM »
  Yes, he's more than likely among us now waiting in the wings. He will indeed rise from the revived Roman Empire (the modern-day European Union) and will be a very charsimatic and clever economic and military leader.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 04:51:59 AM »
Yes, I believe he is alive today.  But it's really a tough guess.  I feel there aren't any more of the Bible's predictions that need to occur in order for him reveal himself.  Thankfully, I won't be around when he does. 
The world will love him, he will solve the worlds problems...for 3 1/2 years anyway.
W

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 07:06:44 AM »
Totally and completely fucking bonkers.
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 02:13:29 PM »
Rome is not the empire of old, but rather the central pervasive authority of the time.

I've never considered this before.

But it's really a tough guess.  I feel there aren't any more of the Bible's predictions that need to occur in order for him reveal himself.  Thankfully, I won't be around when he does. 
The world will love him, he will solve the worlds problems...for 3 1/2 years anyway.

He will indeed rise from the revived Roman Empire (the modern-day European Union) and will be a very charsimatic and clever economic and military leader.
I'm not sure if he is alive today but I do believe it's possible.  I pretty much agree w/Purgie and mightymouse.
R

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 09:22:20 PM »
Wouldn't that depend upon your interpretation of Rome? Is Rome the literal interpretation, or a figurative one. I mean is Rome the city in Italy, or is Rome the established empire? In the case of the former, it's simple enough, but in the case of the latter, it would behoove you to know who is really pulling the strings worldwide, because it is from that established empire from which this anti-christ will rise up. Rome is not the empire of old, but rather the central pervasive authority of the time.

well personally i dont know enough to elaborate. but fom what my mom says it sounds like rome is going to re-establish an "empire" so i would say probably from that rome.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 08:20:36 AM »
I think Jag may be the anti-christ
X

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 09:25:16 AM »
It's quite possible that the anti-christ is amongst us now, but I would say for certain that he is or not.  I do know that there will be an anti-christ who will amass a great following.  Like MightMouse says, I'm glad I won't be here when it hits the fan.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 04:44:16 PM »
Let's rename this thread: Conversations from the Psychiatric Ward
I hate the State.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 06:32:59 PM »
I've never considered this before.

I'm not sure if he is alive today but I do believe it's possible.  I pretty much agree w/Purgie and mightymouse.

"Purgie"?  *Blush*  ;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 10:00:52 PM »
Yes, I believe he is alive today. 

Hillary Clinton.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 10:07:27 PM »

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 11:13:36 PM »
What reason does anyone have to believe that the antichrist is alive and among us today? ???

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 12:12:27 AM »
What reason does anyone have to believe that the antichrist is alive and among us today? ???

Like I said, 'Conversations from the Psychiatric Ward.'

They are mentally ill, at least somewhat, so what do you expect?
I hate the State.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 01:52:00 AM »
great thread..its britney

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 02:01:39 AM »
Like I said, 'Conversations from the Psychiatric Ward.'

They are mentally ill, at least somewhat, so what do you expect?

Let's break this down.

1. He's Alive? (Crazy talk)
2. The "prophecy" is not perfect? (Rome might not really be Rome?)

Something tells me that if a biblical prophecy, which you believe to be ACCURATE were to happen, it would be literal, and not open to much interpretation.

We're talking about the Anti-Christ here right? Haha!

The best part is that every generation since the supposed crucifixion of Jesus has believed that the "Anti-Christ" is walking among us.

You guys really may be certifiable.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 05:04:50 PM »
I think Jag may be the anti-christ

>:(

ps: I'm gonna squeal to your wife fer sure now, ...and if you've done nothing to squeal about, ...I'll make it up!
w

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 05:48:31 PM »

I'm sure that if you asked someone about the antichrist fifty years ago, they'd say that he is surely among us.  Of course, if I were alive fifty years ago I'd be able to say for sure.
They do.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 08:41:35 PM »
who is this auntie christ you spek of?

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 08:47:56 PM »

oh brother  ::)   whats next......... gimme a fucking break!
are you delusional?

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 09:07:54 PM »
oh brother  ::)   whats next......... gimme a fucking break!
They do.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 08:01:17 AM »
Totally and completely fucking bonkers.

Let's rename this thread: Conversations from the Psychiatric Ward

lol, you're relentless :D

What makes me think is that these prophecies are so general that it's quite reasonable for them to be realised.

For example, history repeats itself and there could very well be a new Hitler that will fill this role; the current climate of world affairs doesn't make this too far fetched.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

joelocal

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 09:41:03 AM »
for those that believe.

Yes......and she's running for President.

Anabolic Outlaw

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are THERE ARE MANY ANTICHRISTS; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. - 1 John 2:18,19 (KJV)

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. - 1 John 2:22 (KJV)

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. - 1 John 4:2,3 (KJV)

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. - 2 John 1:7 (KJV)