Author Topic: Would You Survive Biblical Law?  (Read 3005 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Would You Survive Biblical Law?
« on: January 15, 2008, 03:12:40 PM »
Revelation 21:27, “Anyone who practices abomination will not enter Heaven.”

LIMITED LIST OF BIBLICAL ABOMINATIONS

HOMOSEXUALITY:   According to Leviticus 20:13, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon them.”

ADULTERY:   Leviticus (20:10): “And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.”

SUNDAY WORSHIP:   Exodus 35:2: “Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.”

It looks like a lot of Americans would be put death under Biblical law. 

Violating Sunday Worship would have me pushing up daisies.

I'd also hate to think that all the lovely bisexual women in today's video market would be doomed for entertaining the masses with their talents.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Would You Survive Biblical Law?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 03:22:38 PM »
No one can.  That's why you need to accept Jesus as your savior.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 03:38:05 PM »
Accepting Jesus saves my soul...not my body.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 06:55:32 AM »

The Jews were expected to do it for centuries. Hell, some of em still do, as far as I know... A lot of those "laws" made it into the Koran too.

Christianity, thankfully, largely set those "laws" aside (even though Jesus said he came not to change the law...)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 09:11:11 AM »
The Jews were expected to do it for centuries. Hell, some of em still do, as far as I know... A lot of those "laws" made it into the Koran too.

Christianity, thankfully, largely set those "laws" aside (even though Jesus said he came not to change the law...)

He didn't change it, he just said you didn't have to follow it.   ::)   Except a few things like drinking blood and gay sex.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 09:12:58 AM »
He didn't change it, he just said you didn't have to follow it.   ::)   Except a few things like drinking blood and gay sex.

Feel free to quote Jesus on any of this.     ::)

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 09:14:06 AM »

God has not set any of His laws "aside", our misguided society has. 
W

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 09:15:58 AM »
God has not set any of His laws "aside", our misguided society has. 

Misguided? You think it is "misguided" to not stone gay men (notice how the Bible makes no mention of lesbians, only the fellas)? You think it is "misguided" to not stone those work collect sticks on the Sabbath?

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 09:26:56 AM »
Misguided? You think it is "misguided" to not stone gay men (notice how the Bible makes no mention of lesbians, only the fellas)? You think it is "misguided" to not stone those work collect sticks on the Sabbath?

you told me previously how 'devoutly christian' you were raised.  i've come to the conclusion that your statement is false just from your above comment. 
i'm trying not to be mean here but you have one view of the Bible, that is to prove it is wrong and full of holes. take time and learn the Bible.
W

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 09:27:55 AM »
Many laws in the Old Testament along with the death penalty for breaking them were for the Jews.  This is why it says many times "Let there not be found among you."  They were part of Judaism.  The Jews agreed to follow these laws and they also agreed to the death penalty as a punishment for breaking them.  I don't see any Jews complaining when the law was given to them.  The death penalty for breaking them applied to them and anyone living with them.  God chose them to be His people, and with that came privileges along with responsibility.  To them much was given, and from them much was required.

Israel was supposed to be a good example for other nations to emulate, but Israel was not commanded to go around the world and kill homosexuals, adulterers, etc.  God did not command Jews to spread Judaism.

Judaism is God's old covenant with the Jews.  Christianity is God's new covenant with the Jews which was foretold in the Old Testament, but this time includes non-Jews, also as foretold in the Old Testament.  

So it is like saying hey, I gave you all those do's and don'ts to reveal my standards to you.  You were not able to keep all those do's and don'ts, not even out of fear of the penalty of death.  Now, through faith in Jesus Christ I will give you the Holy Spirit which will help you love me with everything you've got and to love other people as you love yourself.  In doing this, you will automatically fulfill the old do's and don'ts, and in doing so, you will be a blessing to those around you and you will bring others to me.

For example, the woman in the New Testament who had just committed adultery and the Jews wanted to stone her to death, then Jesus told them whoever is free of sin cast the first stone.  So they all left.  Then Jesus told the woman to go and sin no more.  So adultery is still a sin and we should still abstain from it, but we should not stone people to death for committing adultery.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 09:30:58 AM »

Romans 1:25-27 (New International Version)
25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 09:31:14 AM »

good post.

God's earthly punishments have changed in some aspects, but his laws/rules have not. 
W

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 09:37:21 AM »

good post.

God's earthly punishments have changed in some aspects, but his laws/rules have not. 

Exactly!  The law and the penalty for breaking it are two different things.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 09:42:43 AM »
you told me previously how 'devoutly christian' you were raised.  i've come to the conclusion that your statement is false just from your above comment. 
i'm trying not to be mean here but you have one view of the Bible, that is to prove it is wrong and full of holes. take time and learn the Bible.

You're dodging the question. You said our society was "misguided" for not following "the law."

I asked you two questions. Instead of criticizing me, you could have easily answered them :)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 03:00:29 PM »
Romans 1:25-27 (New International Version)
25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

I thought Jesus fulfilled the legal promise of the Old Testament.  I see you are saying that he changed the punishment for infractions of the old testament law.  That's not exactly fulfilling the OT laws...that's changing them.  Penalty and crime are inextricably linked.  What's the good of one without the other? 

The abominations still keep you out of heaven unless you repent...that's eternal death

The abominations carry a death penalty...until Jesus comes along and removes the earthbound penalty of death...that's temporary death (if the transgressor repents before dying)

This is another problem.  This is a sort of decadence.  The real 'here and now' is modified by the imaginary afterlife.  That, to me, is the biggest problem with judaism/christianity in a nutshell.  It is decadent to this life on earth.   

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 03:04:03 PM »
I got in a fight with another guy and his woman grabbed my balls. 

We stoned her to death, showing her no mercy. 

Good times.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 03:11:02 PM »
I got in a fight with another guy and his woman grabbed my balls. 

We stoned her to death, showing her no mercy. 

Good times.
I think we've all been there at one time or another.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 04:23:27 PM »
Exactly!  The law and the penalty for breaking it are two different things.

Agreed!! Take rape, for example.

In ancient Israel, rape was a captial offense. Today, in many countries (including the USA), it is not.

Does that make rape any less of a crime, or any less devastating to the victim? I certainly don't think so.

I thought Jesus fulfilled the legal promise of the Old Testament.  I see you are saying that he changed the punishment for infractions of the old testament law.  That's not exactly fulfilling the OT laws...that's changing them.  Penalty and crime are inextricably linked.  What's the good of one without the other? 

The abominations still keep you out of heaven unless you repent...that's eternal death

The abominations carry a death penalty...until Jesus comes along and removes the earthbound penalty of death...that's temporary death (if the transgressor repents before dying)

This is another problem.  This is a sort of decadence.  The real 'here and now' is modified by the imaginary afterlife.  That, to me, is the biggest problem with judaism/christianity in a nutshell.  It is decadent to this life on earth.   

Again, that would be like saying that raping someone isn't as bad today as it was back then, simply because the rapist wouldn't be executed, if caught, tried, and convicted.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 07:28:27 AM »
Agreed!! Take rape, for example.

In ancient Israel, rape was a captial offense. Today, in many countries (including the USA), it is not.

Does that make rape any less of a crime, or any less devastating to the victim? I certainly don't think so.

Again, that would be like saying that raping someone isn't as bad today as it was back then, simply because the rapist wouldn't be executed, if caught, tried, and convicted.
So God changed His mind about the appropriate punishment for abominations. 

Does God change His mind often in the Bible?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 08:08:58 AM »
Revelation 21:27, “Anyone who practices abomination will not enter Heaven.”

LIMITED LIST OF BIBLICAL ABOMINATIONS

HOMOSEXUALITY:   According to Leviticus 20:13, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon them.”

ADULTERY:   Leviticus (20:10): “And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.”

SUNDAY WORSHIP:   Exodus 35:2: “Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.”

It looks like a lot of Americans would be put death under Biblical law. 

Violating Sunday Worship would have me pushing up daisies.

I'd also hate to think that all the lovely bisexual women in today's video market would be doomed for entertaining the masses with their talents.

christians dont like christianity be put anywhere close to islam...

so they wrote the new testicle! ;)

carpe` vaginum!