Author Topic: How many meals you have per day?  (Read 4723 times)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Re: How many meals you have per day?
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 08:01:22 AM »
i consume 80 grams of protein in each of my 4 meals on non workout days and 70 in each of my 5 meals on workout days, so that comes to 320 grams/day on non workout days and 350 on workout days, carbs are always fairly moderate at 250-300 per day.

what do your meals look like bro...so you drink one shake on workout days what right before you workout?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 08:04:12 AM »
what do your meals look like bro...so you drink one shake on workout days what right before you workout?
no after i train i have 10 grams of BCAA's, 5 grams of creatine and 80 grams of simple carbs in the form of something like grape juice and then i eat some chicken and white rice about 20 minutes after that but my regular meals are at least 12oz. and most of the time 14-16 oz. of either chicken or steak 4 times daily, this whole bullshit theory of eating 7-8 small meals is a myth that's been spread by the supplement companies to sell protein, plain and simple.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 08:09:43 AM »
yea bro i appreciate the insight ive been trying to figure how to take less shake and more whole foods...but its tough to get the numbers of protein grams up

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 08:14:02 AM »
yea bro i appreciate the insight ive been trying to figure how to take less shake and more whole foods...but its tough to get the numbers of protein grams up
dude for me it's a pain in the ass eating these little girl scout sized "meals" 8 times a day, you never eat enough to get full and you're always hungry, the way i do it seems to work well for me and my appetite.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 08:29:20 AM »
i consume 80 grams of protein in each of my 4 meals on non workout days and 70 in each of my 5 meals on workout days, so that comes to 320 grams/day on non workout days and 350 on workout days, carbs are always fairly moderate at 250-300 per day.
250-300 is not moderate...especially for an endomorph like yourself. you shouldnt be getting much more than 150 g's total from all sources.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 08:35:40 AM »
250-300 is not moderate...especially for an endomorph like yourself. you shouldnt be getting much more than 150 g's total from all sources.

is 150 grams what got you so huge and ripped? ::)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 08:51:53 AM »
nope..i normally dont get more than 100 g's

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 09:01:36 AM »
my Lord you're a beast, those arms must be at least 13 inches of prime ripped muscle and the chest is a mind blowing 38 inches. :o

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 09:03:12 AM »
cadidate you should up your carbs little by little, it would result in more muscle gain and fullness and no real weight gain if you do it right and keep your fish oil, green tea etc high.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 10:08:30 AM »
cadidate you should up your carbs little by little, it would result in more muscle gain and fullness and no real weight gain if you do it right and keep your fish oil, green tea etc high.
yeah i know im still trying to lean out though...once i get down to about 8-9%(true 8-9%), then ill start focusing on size... i am going to try a cyclical approach to carbs once i reach that phase. maybe something like  150 grams, 150 grams, 250 grams, 50 grams, 50 grams, 150 grams, 150 grams, 250 grams, 50 grams...and so on.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 10:27:38 AM »
candid how much bf do you think your carrying right now

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2008, 11:26:51 AM »
roughly 11-12%

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2008, 12:57:37 PM »
5 solid, 2 shakes - lifting days

6 solid - off days

8)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2008, 03:19:10 PM »
4-5 meals a day. I got lucky enough to where I can eat two of my meals at work, if i really wanted too I could eat at least 4 meals at work.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2008, 03:23:02 PM »
i'm rarely hungry after eating what i eat 4 lunch. i usually have dinner, and sometimes 2 or 3 x a week another meal before bed, but i never find myself that hungry that much.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »
why are you so small then if you do it? not flaming here just being honest, consuming 7-8 meals per day like you say you do you should be huge and ripped, right?

LOL

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 06:51:12 PM »
if your not eating every three hours your not growing at an optimal rate.

Oh my, thats the funniest thing I've read all day. A bit of advice dizzle, don't overthink everything, I'm starting to notice that in your posts. I used to be like you, eating every three hours, freaking out if I missed a meal or shake. Trust me when I say, that way of action is overrated to say the least, and I've been doing this for 16 years. I do exactly what squad does, eat 4 times a day, with a shake after working out and sometimes before bed if I'm still hungry. I thought I would lose all this strength and size when I quit eating and drinking so many shakes, the only thing that changed is I went from shitting 3-4 times a day to just once and on occassion twice. Unless you are an extremely active individual, you do not need all those calories. If you were juiced, yes, natural no.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 07:00:12 PM »
Oh my, thats the funniest thing I've read all day. A bit of advice dizzle, don't overthink everything, I'm starting to notice that in your posts. I used to be like you, eating every three hours, freaking out if I missed a meal or shake. Trust me when I say, that way of action is overrated to say the least, and I've been doing this for 16 years. I do exactly what squad does, eat 4 times a day, with a shake after working out and sometimes before bed if I'm still hungry. I thought I would lose all this strength and size when I quit eating and drinking so many shakes, the only thing that changed is I went from shitting 3-4 times a day to just once and on occassion twice. Unless you are an extremely active individual, you do not need all those calories. If you were juiced, yes, natural no.
who says that eating every 3 hours means alot of calories? in fact, i eat every two hours..no joke, but i just eat about 40 grams of lean protein and some veggies at every meal. that is very low calories. besides the fact that thats not alot of calories.....calories dont mean shit. what matters is meal timing, meal frequency, and macro nutrients.  sure, an abundance of ENERGY calories is something to worry about...but fibrous complex carbs and proteins are NOT energy calories. and you will NOT gain fat from them.   to optimize muscle growth you need to shower your muscles in protein, and to optimize protein digestion you need to eat it with some fiber and a small amount of carbohydrate. 

im not OVERthinking, im just THINKING.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY IT SOME TIME.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2008, 07:04:07 PM »
who says that eating every 3 hours means alot of calories? in fact, i eat every two hours..no joke, but i just eat about 40 grams of lean protein and some veggies at every meal. that is very low calories. besides the fact that thats not alot of calories.....calories dont mean shit. what matters is meal timing, meal frequency, and macro nutrients.  sure, an abundance of ENERGY calories is something to worry about...but fibrous complex carbs and proteins are NOT energy calories. and you will NOT gain fat from them.   to optimize muscle growth you need to shower your muscles in protein, and to optimize protein digestion you need to eat it with some fiber and a small amount of carbohydrate. 

You do overthink & overanalyze things. You should relax & eat fairly good & train well. You'll be a lot happier.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008, 07:12:33 PM »

Whoa, bro, I didn't mean any offense. You made a big turnaround from your old pictures to your current ones and I applaud your progress, BUT when I speak from experience and I'm sure alot of the vets would agree with me here, I am just trying to save you from the headache of eating and drinking so much. Just try it for 2-3 weeks, you are not going to lose anything in that span of time, and even if you do, you can always get it back quick. Remember if you plan on lifting weights and eating religiously like this, its over a course of years, so experiment a little, you may like my way even more. Now get your panties out of a wad.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2008, 07:15:55 PM »
You do overthink & overanalyze things. You should relax & eat fairly good & train well. You'll be a lot happier.

i think falsehoods advice is good, but i would venture that maybe candidate likes learning about nutrition and likes eating and being strict, some people like that too. he also has ocd from what i can tell.

if he likes learning and that makes him happy why suggest otherwise. i like learning about nutrition because i can use it in my practice later on.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2008, 07:53:21 PM »
His advice is fine. I also enjoy learning about nutrition, training, drugs, etc. However, you need to relax a little because if you follow every study & latest trend you'll go crazy. What you need to do is take what you've learned & apply it to yourself. Because we're all a little different & what works for you might not work for me & on & on.

I still say he needs to lighten up a little because he's really young. He's basically asking to burn out quickly. He should enjoy life a little instead of worrying about every calorie & such. Shit he's only 18.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2008, 08:28:43 PM »
His advice is fine. I also enjoy learning about nutrition, training, drugs, etc. However, you need to relax a little because if you follow every study & latest trend you'll go crazy. What you need to do is take what you've learned & apply it to yourself. Because we're all a little different & what works for you might not work for me & on & on.

I still say he needs to lighten up a little because he's really young. He's basically asking to burn out quickly. He should enjoy life a little instead of worrying about every calorie & such. Shit he's only 18.

i agree on that point, i think hes a little over the top with keeping the carbs so low. learning and applying or just learning is fine.

good post.

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2008, 11:20:04 PM »
I would have seven meals on the days that I train and for the day that I dont six meals.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2008, 06:05:00 AM »
i sincerely appreciate the way you guys are discussing me...its a breath of fresh air compared to the normal hate squad here on getbig.

you usmokepole is right though...i love learning about diet and nutrition and i take pleasure in being strict and hard on myself.