Author Topic: Cardio question  (Read 872 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Cardio question
« on: January 21, 2008, 04:21:36 PM »
basically i'm looking to use cardio to get into great shape, lose fat, and improve my health. so what do you fellas recommend? which method, how long, and how frequently? also, what do you guys think about the tabata method?

pjs

• Getbig II
  • As I am
Re: Cardio question
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 05:02:42 PM »
All of them.

A variety of training will help you meet your (remarkably vague) goals.  Do some long, steady state training, some intervals, even some things like sled dragging, prowler pushing, or sandbag carrying.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 05:26:50 PM »
cardio is a slow means to FAT loss..if you want to lose FAT, then weight lifting and proper nutrition is the road for you...if interested, I'll explain in detail.. . just let me know

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 06:11:09 PM »
cardio is a slow means to FAT loss..if you want to lose FAT, then weight lifting and proper nutrition is the road for you...if interested, I'll explain in detail.. . just let me know
thanks bro, but i'm actually most interested in improving my physical condition and health. my bf is about 12-14% at the moment but i know that will drop once i get into good condition. i've read a bit on the tabata method, which is basically high-intensity anaerobic interval training, but it's a real ass kicker. not that i'm a stranger to hard training, but at the moment my physical condition pretty much sucks >:( so, i guess to make my point more precise, i'm looking to get into to great physical condition 8) btw, when i was younger and skinner my VO2 max was tested out at 71ml/kg/min at The Ohio State University ;)

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 09:07:21 PM »

Bump... cardio is icing on the cake