Author Topic: Dip Belts?  (Read 871 times)

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Dip Belts?
« on: January 23, 2008, 07:42:50 PM »
Anyone have recommendations?  I'm talking about belts that you use to add weight while doing dips or pull ups etc.  I could use a backpack, but I carry other stuff in one already and taking two to the gym would just be logistically unpleasant.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: Dip Belts?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 07:46:42 PM »
Anyone have recommendations?  I'm talking about belts that you use to add weight while doing dips or pull ups etc.  I could use a backpack, but I carry other stuff in one already and taking two to the gym would just be logistically unpleasant.

I ask for 2 towels @ gym and use that to hold the plates, its free!

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 07:49:31 PM »
They don't give towels out at my gym.

laurion

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 07:52:48 PM »
I have one and use it for so much dips, pullups and (believe it or not) donkey calf raises.  I love it and it stays in my bag.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 04:19:32 AM »
Our dipping belt sux at my gym,so I take a length of dog chain,slip it through my lifting belt,attatch plates or a dumbell,and go to town........works great.

Just grab a clip off of any machine to clip the chain together.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 07:53:19 AM »
Invest in a dipping belt. With a back pack the weight is too high up anyway. You want the weight below the waist line for better body function. As we all know, dips and chins are prime mass builders equal to benches and rows.  So might as well get the most out of them with added weight. Try 5X5's on either one and you will know what I mean. Or as a Bud of mine does, set's of  3's with  200lbs + on chins. Good Luck.

F