Author Topic: Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Josh Barnett Set For M-1 On 4/11?  (Read 15173 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Josh Barnett Set For M-1 On 4/11?
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 07:15:15 PM »
Pretty much everybody feels the way I do. Take away the ground game and you got K-1 or Boxing some of the worlds most popular sports. Take away the stand up you got Submission Wrestling - good luck getting people to pay $40 PPV for that  ::)

And I don't care much for the names you mentioned, and neither does anyone else on the MMA board (as a matter of fact, Koscheck was mentioned by 5 people on here as the most boring UFC fighter! Tito 3 times! and Fedor once!) so much for "fan demand"

Name every person right now that feels the way you do,  I'm curious to know what imaginary friends you have in your delusional mind that agree with the hot garbage you spew on a day to day basis, you said everybody remember, and as for the Tito and Kos. thing, I know this, that's why I said "I don't care for a few of those fighters" (Kos, Tito, Hughes).  The funny thing is Tito,Sherk and Hughes were all Champs, but the fact of the matter is, MMA isnt just kickboxing, and it isn't just submission wrestling, and I'm still waiting for you to come up with the alleged rules that are against taking people down and gnp-ing them for three rounds.  By the way it's so much fun picking you apart ;D
Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 07:20:19 PM »
Name every person right now that feels the way you do,  I'm curious to know what imaginary friends you have in your delusional mind that agree with the hot garbage you spew on a day to day basis, you said everybody remember, and as for the Tito and Kos. thing, I know this, that's why I said "I don't care for a few of those fighters" (Kos, Tito, Hughes).  The funny thing is Tito,Sherk and Hughes were all Champs, but the fact of the matter is, MMA isnt just kickboxing, and it isn't just submission wrestling, and I'm still waiting for you to come up with the alleged rules that are against taking people down and gnp-ing them for three rounds.  By the way it's so much fun picking you apart ;D

The fact that stand up without ground game is a success and the opposite isn't proves my point. As for Tito and Kos you knew this, still you mentioned them? Why? They didn't make your case any stronger, did they? It just proves my point - that it's not just about having a gameplan (as you claimed) MMA is also about putting on a show so much that it's part of the rules (not the bullshit about a rule against taking people down that you dreamed up that I never said) I was talking about for example standing up fighters when inactive.

Hope that helps.

Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 08:07:45 PM »
The fact that stand up without ground game is a success and the opposite isn't proves my point. As for Tito and Kos you knew this, still you mentioned them? Why?    They didn't make your case any stronger, did they? It just proves my point - that it's not just about having a gameplan (as you claimed) MMA is also about putting on a show so much that it's part of the rules (not the bullshit about a rule against taking people down that you dreamed up that I never said) I was talking about for example standing up fighters when inactive.
Hope that helps.

Tito is still a draw despite his boringness, and Kos sucks, yet the UFC keeps hyping him up and putting him on cards because he keeps winning. How? wrestling.  You must know something that the UFC's marketing team and matchmaker dosent since everybody agrees with you and your imaginary friends and your made up rules.   Matt Hughes made his career out of doing to people what Fedor did to Schilt.  You say people don't want to see that? You say people don't want to pay for that?  Hughes/Gracie was one of the UFC's best selling PPV's, two guys known to have almost no stand up ability, and yet it made all that cash?  Money talks, you aint foolin nobody jack.  This proves the opposite of your alleged point.  MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world and Boxing's big names are getting old.  Whether you like it or not the wide range of fighting styles associated with MMA will always bring match ups YOU don't agree with, and they will still make hella cash( your illegal free internet downloads dont mean shit to them), as for the original disagreement on whether or not Fedor couldn't finish Schilt 6 years ago would have any bearing on a fight between the two today, a win is a win, he would get the job done by any means necessary to set up the fight that everybody with half a brain wants to see, and im sure he would finish him this time, im also sure he could care less what your fat ass thinks, money talks, and a fight between him and randy is all $$$$ and a big "show".
The fact that you would disagree about there being no gameplans in MMA or in any combative sport for that matter just proves how dumb you really are.  By the way I don't see any body agreeing with anything you say but you, must be lonely in that empty head of yours.  Nice try Chubbs.
Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 08:53:14 AM »
Tito is still a draw despite his boringness, and Kos sucks, yet the UFC keeps hyping him up and putting him on cards because he keeps winning. How? wrestling.

I disagree. I don't think he's much of a draw these days. Long gong are the days when he finished most of his fights by KO/TKO. Some still hope for the old Tito to come back but I doubt it. He fought once all 2007 and finished that with a draw. And his recent attacks on Zuffa saying they treat him like shit is hardly gonna help.

As for Josh Koscheck, again I will have to disagree. He isn't hyped. And he doesn't keep winning. He only fought twice in UFC - and lost one of those fights. There isn't a great demand to see him fighting.

You must know something that the UFC's marketing team and matchmaker dosent since everybody agrees with you and your imaginary friends and your made up rules.

I think they deserve criticism. There's a lot of things they can do better. They keep awarding the "fight of the night" to fights that isn't even on the main card, which makes the PPV buyers feel cheated. And they keep putting together bad match ups.

Matt Hughes made his career out of doing to people what Fedor did to Schilt.

Matt has far more KO/TKO's than Fedor. And fewer wins by decisions. There's also a lot of marketing coming into it - he's been with UFC since 99, he's the all american farm boy etc. For someone like Fedor who still needs to win the American audience over, he ain't getting no new fans if they put him against Semmy, he backs down from standing with him and catch him in an armbar after 2 minutes.
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 05:57:35 PM »
I disagree. I don't think he's much of a draw these days. Long gong are the days when he finished most of his fights by KO/TKO. Some still hope for the old Tito to come back but I doubt it. He fought once all 2007 and finished that with a draw. And his recent attacks on Zuffa saying they treat him like shit is hardly gonna help.

As for Josh Koscheck, again I will have to disagree. He isn't hyped. And he doesn't keep winning. He only fought twice in UFC - and lost one of those fights. There isn't a great demand to see him fighting. 

I think they deserve criticism. There's a lot of things they can do better. They keep awarding the "fight of the night" to fights that isn't even on the main card, which makes the PPV buyers feel cheated. And they keep putting together bad match ups.

Matt has far more KO/TKO's than Fedor. And fewer wins by decisions. There's also a lot of marketing coming into it - he's been with UFC since 99, he's the all american farm boy etc. For someone like Fedor who still needs to win the American audience over, he ain't getting no new fans if they put him against Semmy, he backs down from standing with him and catch him in an armbar after 2 minutes.

First of all Tito never consistantly finished his fights by KO or TKO, his biggest streak of KO or TKO's (not counting submissions) is 2 and he did that only twice,  and his last two were in 2006, which is alot closer than the six years you are comparing Fedor/Shilt to, yet he still managed to be one of the most marketable fighters in the UFC and was even a coach on TUF which made him even more popular.  Koscheck has fought 9 times in the UFC, (twice on PPV)  and lost twice.  He has been the most thoroughly boring fighter alive (yet he is top 10 170lb material), and still is brought back, you know why? you ever heard of a "heel"?  He would not be where he is at today if these made up rules that you speak of existed.  As for the strategy that you speak of that makes the PPV buyers feel cheated (you act as if you actually pay for them).  The UFC has fight's on demand, where you can go and watch unaired prelims (for money, that means you can't illegaly download them), they purposely put the best unaired prelim on there almost regulary, strategically, to garner intrest in that feauture, and to what?  Make more money genious.  As for you trying to say that Fedor subbing Schilt won't win American fans over, yes it will, because if he subs Semmy, that is one step closer to a fight with Randy Couture.  A guy who already has won American fans over, many times over, his fight team and his legacy are more popular than ever right now, and Fedor quickly subbing Schilt paves the way for this fight, and you make it seem like a quick sub is not impressive.  Alot of people want to see that fight he has alot more to gain from that fight (monitarily and from mainstream exposure), so why would he risk it, in what is supposed to be a warm up bout just to please a pasty fat guy who knows nothing about combative sports?
Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 04:33:09 AM »
if these made up rules that you speak of existed.

IF they existed? The only rule I've talked about is this one:

"Referee may Restart the round:
If the fighters reach a stalemate and do not work to improve position or finish. "

You'll find it here:

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=LearnUFC.Rules

As for the strategy that you speak of that makes the PPV buyers feel cheated (you act as if you actually pay for them).  The UFC has fight's on demand, where you can go and watch unaired prelims (for money, that means you can't illegaly download them),

You keep bringing up "illegal" downloads in every post you make, I assume you're talking about the hundreds of links you yourself has posted on here?

"The only good thing is about megaupload is the link lasts longer than yousendit.  I probably won't finish downloading these fights until christmas."

What a hypocrite you are. BTW they're not illegal in MY country.  :-*

Fedor subbing Schilt won't win American fans over, yes it will, because if he subs Semmy, that is one step closer to a fight with Randy Couture.  A guy who already has won American fans over, many times over, his fight team and his legacy are more popular than ever right now, and Fedor quickly subbing Schilt paves the way for this fight, and you make it seem like a quick sub is not impressive.  Alot of people want to see that fight he has alot more to gain from that fight (monitarily and from mainstream exposure), so why would he risk it, in what is supposed to be a warm up bout

Whether Fedor fights Randy or not will have nothing to do with him finishing Semmy and Hong Man Choi. That's not where the problem lies. And a quick sub isn't impressive if it's done against a stand up fighter who compared to Fedor is like a fish outta water on the ground.
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 03:01:14 PM »
IF they existed? The only rule I've talked about is this one:

"Referee may Restart the round:
If the fighters reach a stalemate and do not work to improve position or finish. "

You'll find it here:

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=LearnUFC.Rules

You keep bringing up "illegal" downloads in every post you make, I assume you're talking about the hundreds of links you yourself has posted on here?

"The only good thing is about megaupload is the link lasts longer than yousendit.  I probably won't finish downloading these fights until christmas."

What a hypocrite you are. BTW they're not illegal in MY country.  :-*

Whether Fedor fights Randy or not will have nothing to do with him finishing Semmy and Hong Man Choi. That's not where the problem lies. And a quick sub isn't impressive if it's done against a stand up fighter who compared to Fedor is like a fish outta water on the ground.

Obviously all of the fighters ive mentioned haven't violated these rules because they have made careers out of taking people down and gnp ing them for three rounds and as boring as that may be to you, they rarely if ever get restarted, and as for Fedor that didn't happen in his fight because he was actually active, and it wasn't in the UFC so that link does'nt apply to it.  The links I put up are scattered individual fights and are pretty old at that, if Zuffa were to get wind of the fact that you were putting up the entire PPV telecasts right after they happened with out "expressed written consent" of Zuffa, reguardless of what country you reside GETBIG as a website could face legal action genious.  Like I said this is MMA, and a fighter uses his strengths to exploit his opponents weaknesses, and if Choi and Semmy's weaknesses are the ground than any MMA fighter in their right mind would do the same.  With your fat logic, a BJJ fighter (who is a fish out of water in the stand up dept.) who gets quickly knocked out by a stand up fighter isn't impressive.  A quick sub and a a quick KO are equally impressive because this is MMA not kickboxing or boxing, just like a wrestler who takes people down at will and wins the fight with his supierior wrestling because he is good at his particular base.  MMA is comprised of all of these elements, not just striking, that's why there is such a wide variety of strengths that each fighter brings to the table, and they use these strengths to try exploit there opponents weaknesses.  You are too stupid to grasp this concept, if you have a problem with it maybe should quit watching MMA, and quit pretending to attend events, and quit pretending that you train as well.
Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2008, 04:17:31 PM »
Yadayadayada... who is this guy talking to?

Here, have a Mickey's cap, support the sport!

Get stung!
Z

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2008, 07:26:54 PM »
Yadayadayada... who is this guy talking to?

Here, have a Mickey's cap, support the sport!

Get stung!

I think this is suffice to say you just got your ass handed to you. CHUTE I think that is the closet we will ever see this wanker shut his mouth.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 07:45:40 PM »
I think this is suffice to say you just got your ass handed to you. CHUTE I think that is the closet we will ever see this wanker shut his mouth.

I know, I was satisfied with his last post, it was basically an admittance of defeat.
Predictions
 40/61

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008, 07:56:21 PM »
I know, I was satisfied with his last post, it was basically an admittance of defeat.

Meltdown of epic proportion.. l

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2008, 06:49:06 AM »

He knows he can't outsmart me, so he's trying to beat me by endurance, I guess it's working because I'm tired of educating and correcting him!
And now you come in to support him, good job! He needs all the help he can get!  :D
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2008, 09:34:26 AM »
He knows he can't outsmart me, so he's trying to beat me by endurance, I guess it's working because I'm tired of educating and correcting him!
And now you come in to support him, good job! He needs all the help he can get!  :D

You got destroyed kid. How long you going to continue to embarrass yourself? Have you realized yet that not one person on this forum outside of Danielson actually takes anything you have to say about MMA seriously? Day in and day out you prove that you know next to nothing about the sport and that you really have absolutely no business moderating this forum. Good thing you ran it straight into the shitter.

This thread might have been the most embarrassing owning of Bluto I've ever seen. Good job Chute.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2008, 09:50:49 AM »
Why did you delete your post? This board has deteriorated into a worse version of Sherdog, which is sad. And you wonder why less and less people are playing that stupid betting game. It's kind of funny that I come up in your pm's with Danielson, though. Are you really that infatuated with me?

Look at how bad this board is now. This is the most active thread on it. A thread where some moron is crying about the ground game, even after having fought MMA for 15 years. Hahahaha.

Good to know I instill such fear in you that you delete your posts about me. My posts on a message board actually scare a grown man now!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2008, 09:51:18 AM »
That's awesome! The Three Stooges re-united!

Like I just said - he needs all the help he can get!  :D
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2008, 09:52:17 AM »
Why don't you put your moderator spot on the line against ChuteBoxe and whoever scores the most correct predictions out of the next 4 events gets it? You seem to think you know more than him about the sport, go ahead and prove it pussy.

I know you won't though because you're a coward and even you know when to not bite off more than you can chew.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2008, 10:08:58 AM »
And you wonder why less and less people are playing that stupid betting game.

Actually I don't because that's not true. The number of people betting has been pretty consistent since we started with the bettings (between 11-15 people)

Look at how bad this board is now. This is the most active thread on it.

Board's doing great as far as I can tell. I know me and MindSpin do our job, are you suggesting Sincity isn't doing his?

Good to know I instill such fear in you that you delete your posts about me. My posts on a message board actually scare a grown man now!

I just thought that photo of Stooges was more fitting. BTW which is it, am I a "kid" or a "grown man" ? I can't be both.  :D
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2008, 10:11:37 AM »
Why don't you put your moderator spot on the line against ChuteBoxe and whoever scores the most correct predictions out of the next 4 events gets it? You seem to think you know more than him about the sport, go ahead and prove it pussy.

I know you won't though because you're a coward and even you know when to not bite off more than you can chew.

I do enjoy the fact that I'm so far in your head that you have to talk about me with Danielson in pm's. Obsessive much? ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2008, 10:18:10 AM »
I do enjoy the fact that I'm so far in your head that you have to talk about me with Danielson in pm's. Obsessive much? ;D

What was the subject? Maybe we were discussing dental care?  :D
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2008, 10:21:16 AM »
You got destroyed kid. How long you going to continue to embarrass yourself? Have you realized yet that not one person on this forum outside of Danielson actually takes anything you have to say about MMA seriously? Day in and day out you prove that you know next to nothing about the sport and that you really have absolutely no business moderating this forum. Good thing you ran it straight into the shitter.

This thread might have been the most embarrassing owning of Bluto I've ever seen. Good job Chute.

Like I figured. Lacks the balls to even respond to it. Man, you really are far and away the most pathetic poster on this site. It's so sad it's almost funny.

Great thread by the way. I've never seen you so thoroughly destroyed by a poster. You were so flabbergasted you stopped even trying to defend yourself.

Edit: I figured you were crying to Danielson in pm's about me. Didn't see the other thread. Even more laughable.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 10:26:18 AM »
You lost it dude, responding to your own posts and talking to yourself? I'm off to the gym, second workout of the day - hamstrings and calves!  8)
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2008, 10:30:47 AM »
And he tucks tail and runs! Probably the last post we'll see of him in this thread.

Why don't you respond to this? Are you really that afraid of Chute?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2008, 02:37:18 PM »

"prettymuch everybody fells the way I do", "everybody thinks like me"  - Bluto-

These two quotes say it all, in this thread you suffered the most one sided owning I think that has ever been handed out on this board.  Chris Leben put up more of a fight against Anderson Silva than you did in this thread.  My question to you is, Where are these alleged people who agree with you?  I don't think I've ever seen anybody agree with you in the MMA board, and im pretty sure everybody dosen't think like you or we would have a planet full of insanely delusional people who are too dumb to realize that every time they touch their finger to a key board
they put their foot in their mouth, it's to the point to where I almost feel sorry for you.  Newsflash,  you ain't foolin nobody but yourself.  If you want to really prove something, take the challenge, Who ever has the most wins (individual fights) out of the next 4 UFC/UFN's wins and the loser leaves getbig for good!  ive issued it before and you're too much of a coward to accept.  You bash Fedor for "not having the balls to stand and trade with Semmy", yet you can't even take an internet forum bet.  Screw the retarded H.O.F, you have so much confidence in your "alleged" knowledge?  Man up son, you got any excuses tonight, I know you do, i'll be waiting for them.
Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 04:01:52 PM »
Guys, I need to get back to you on that, I'm pretty busy challenging Ron to turn over Getbig to me if I can pick the winners of the next Mr Olympia  :D
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2008, 05:23:47 PM »
Guys, I need to get back to you on that, I'm pretty busy challenging Ron to turn over Getbig to me if I can pick the winners of the next Mr Olympia  :D

I'm sure he'll settle with you just leaving since that's what the stipulation is here.  (pussy)
Predictions
 40/61