Author Topic: Lottery  (Read 1221 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Lottery
« on: February 08, 2008, 03:43:55 PM »
Tonight (like right now), we have the biggest ever lottery draw ever.  It's a £96 million jackpot.  That's like $200 milliion to you.

It's a one in 175million chance, they say.  The odds are you'll be more likely to run into Elvis, Jimi Hendrix  and John Lennon, alive, all together...

Where's my ticket, I invested £1.50.
17 28 30 38 I missed the last 3 numbers.  That was over fast.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Re: Lottery
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 04:10:21 PM »
The only thing I've ever won in the lottery is the fond memory of a dollar.
~

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 04:16:41 PM »
I have a system for playing the lottery... and when I use it, it seems to work.  But I don't play the lotto (6 out of 6 numbers for millions of $$$), I play the 5 out of 5 game for a smaller jackpot of $100K-$300K. 

When I use this system I invented, I always get 2 of 5, 3 of 5, or 4 of 5... but I have not yet scored 5 out of 5.  I haven't played in a couple years though.  :-\

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 04:22:59 PM »
This one was an investment of £1.50 ($3 to you).  Although I lost (I obviously didn't stand a chance), I'm glad I went for it, it was funny.

Ordinarily I wouldn't bother, but for £96mill, I thought I'd have a flutter.

I still don't understand how they do it in this country though.  When I lived in Canada, the jackpot went up and up, depending on how many people gambled.

Here though, they don't bother with that, the jackpot stays the same.  Someone (apart from the winner), perhaps the people who are paid to organise this Eurolottery, made alot of dosh too. 

Pile of tosh. 

& I so thought I was gonna win £96mill...

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 04:34:19 PM »
EuroMillions draw 'biggest ever'

By Tom Chivers and agencies
Last Updated: 12:51pm GMT 08/02/2008

The biggest-ever single lottery payout in the history of gambling could be made in the EuroMillions draw at 7:30 tonight.

If it is won by a single ticket-holder, it will be the largest of its kind. Despite larger prizes being won in US lotteries, actual payouts were smaller due to taxes or winners choosing smaller lump-sum payments and spreading it out.

The previous biggest lottery winner worldwide was Jack Whittaker, from West Virginia in the United States. He won almost $114 million (£57 million) in the multi-state Powerball lottery, Christmas Day, 2002.

The single biggest European winner of all time was Dolores McNamara, an Irishwoman who on July 31 2005 won £77 million from EuroMillions.

I further googled:

The UK’s luckiest lotto winner was Angela Kelly, a Glaswegian postal administrator who won £35.4 million, also through EuroMillions, in August of last year.

She became the centre of a media storm as she described telling her son about the "wee bit of money" she had won.

Hey I won a tenner !  I have 4 numbers...
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 04:48:25 PM »
&

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 04:50:07 PM »
hang about, I won £39.50 !

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 05:28:53 AM »
Tonight (like right now), we have the biggest ever lottery draw ever.  It's a £96 million jackpot.  That's like $200 milliion to you.

It's a one in 175million chance, they say.  The odds are you'll be more likely to run into Elvis, Jimi Hendrix  and John Lennon, alive, all together...

Where's my ticket, I invested £1.50.
17 28 30 38 I missed the last 3 numbers.  That was over fast.
If I would have saved my cash instead of spending it foolishly on lottary tickets over the years, I could have gone on ten vacations to Europe and back  :(