Author Topic: Another suit question  (Read 2184 times)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Another suit question
« on: February 10, 2008, 02:55:44 PM »
So I am considering a METAL DL suit and was just wondering, if you left the straps down and belted up tight, would it be like a paid of briefs?

AND has anyone tried a DL suit to squat in? What does it do to your mechanics? Just curious.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
Re: Another suit question
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 03:48:56 PM »
So I am considering a METAL DL suit and was just wondering, if you left the straps down and belted up tight, would it be like a paid of briefs?

AND has anyone tried a DL suit to squat in? What does it do to your mechanics? Just curious.

Yes, its similar to briefs in that respect.  The difference is that to me deadlifting in briefs or a suit with the straps down will not give you as much "pop", but it depends on the type of briefs you are using. 

I've tried to squat light in my MaxDL just out of curiosity right after I got it.  It threw me way off my groove. 

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 04:00:03 PM »
Yes, its similar to briefs in that respect.  The difference is that to me deadlifting in briefs or a suit with the straps down will not give you as much "pop", but it depends on the type of briefs you are using. 

I've tried to squat light in my MaxDL just out of curiosity right after I got it.  It threw me way off my groove. 

Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. Thank Vet!

I will be getting a METAL King Pro DL suit soon. I'll let ya know how it goes.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 01:59:39 AM »

Do you squat regular or sumo?

The King deadlift is softer than the King Squat, and the little feedback I've heard, is that the King squat is very good, but that Titan Centurion NXG+ still rules as far as sumo goes.

JMO.

I will give King Squat a shot in the deadlift though. I llke the way it sits down long on the legs.
As empty as paradise

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 05:16:29 PM »
Squat sumo? Wide stance, yes.

Let me know about the KS vs KDL in the deadlift.

I will most likely go with the DL suit as I dont really squat and comps dont usually have squat events.

Thanks!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 11:37:29 PM »
Squat sumo? Wide stance, yes.

Let me know about the KS vs KDL in the deadlift.

I will most likely go with the DL suit as I dont really squat and comps dont usually have squat events.

Thanks!

How much you weigh?

We had a SHW trying the KDL yesterday, and the shoulder straps are shorter than on the Squat suit.

He only did partials with the shoulder straps on. IMO, it will be very hard to get a good groove with full range sumo deadlifts.

I'll let you know how it all goes.

FWIW, he really likes the KS in the squat.
As empty as paradise

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 06:24:14 AM »
I do conventional DL's as they are the only acceptable lift in a Strongman DL event.

Im about 285 give or take a few.

Everyone in the Strongman community wears METAL suits and when I ask they say they have tried others and METAL is just superior.

All I ever heard about Inzer DL suits is that they're no better than a singlet. I dont care for Inzer anyway.

Titan sounds good, I just havent looked into them much.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 07:30:48 AM »
I do conventional DL's as they are the only acceptable lift in a Strongman DL event.

Im about 285 give or take a few.

Everyone in the Strongman community wears METAL suits and when I ask they say they have tried others and METAL is just superior.

All I ever heard about Inzer DL suits is that they're no better than a singlet. I dont care for Inzer anyway.

Titan sounds good, I just havent looked into them much.

Oh, sorry, I meant sumo deadlift obviously.

Yeah, the Inzer DL suits is garbage from what I can tell.

If you stand regular, I guess the KDeadlift would be a good option, since the old Metal regular deadlift suit was really good.

The Titan suit to get would be Titan Centurion NXG+ (not the Super ply, it's to hard for deadlift), wear it backwards.
As empty as paradise

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 11:58:58 AM »
Wear it backwards? Are you serious?!

Never heard of anyone doing that.

Got any vids of people using the Titan? Any record breakers wearing them?