Author Topic: Wow houseprices are cheap in the USA  (Read 2885 times)

Stark

• Getbig V

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: Wow houseprices are cheap in the USA
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 01:07:51 AM »
Hahaha thats crazy. So even a poor person can be a property tycoon in Detroit ;D
No doubt about it...

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 01:48:34 AM »
Hahaha thats crazy. So even a poor person can be a property tycoon in Detroit ;D

i think I buy 2 just for the fuck of it :D

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 02:52:47 AM »
LOL Can't even buy a 1-car garage here for less than 15,000 euro, and that's in Fuckville, Holland.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 02:53:39 AM »
i think I buy 2 just for the fuck of it :D
With those prices you could buy another 2-3 every month. In a few years you'll have your own crack city! ;D

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 03:03:13 AM »
WTF? Are those for sale or rent? The price includes the land too?
Even for those shitholed those prices are a bargin....anyone can shed some light on this?

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 03:22:56 AM »
You should see the prices in the UK. 1st time buyers are completely prices out of the market and have to get a mortgage 5 times their income for a place that you would not have dreamed of living in (in a bad way), in the early 00's. It dosen't suprise me though, it is a shitty country.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 03:46:17 AM »
Are these high areas of violence?
Arnold For President 2012.2016

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 03:51:43 AM »
Yeah you have to be REALLY well off to live comfortably in the UK.  I'm from Egypt, but go to the UK quite often for business and vacation.  The exchange rate between the Egyptian pound and the British Sterling is practically 11 to 1, I feel like I'm being raped up the ass anytime my wife or I go shopping

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 03:59:14 AM »
Are these high areas of violence?
No, not at all. Basically, everywhere is expensive. A one bedroom flat, which they now re-dubed with the name *appartment* is really expensive and in those places you can have shitty close proximaty neighbours. The poster above is correct in that you have to be very well off to enjoy a resonable quality of life in the UK, or live with a Mrs who works a good job too. Then you are shagged though, as if you finish you can't afford to live there any longer on your own
In sept, I'm going to be a trainee teacher. When I qualify the following June, I would not have any chance of having my own place. The same for newly *qualified* cops etc too. Something's wrong there, when teachers, cops etc are priced out of the market. Like i said it's a shitty country, that's full of brits anyway!

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 04:08:49 AM »
just a question for yanks: are those ridiculously low prices normal for such areas, or does this have something to do with a massive foreclosure wave in those types of district?

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 05:42:19 AM »
just a question for yanks: are those ridiculously low prices normal for such areas, or does this have something to do with a massive foreclosure wave in those types of district?
1) no....
2) massive forclosures are typically on the middle income who are stretched to thin. bought a house they couldnt afford to begin with.
3) those prices are the starting bids for a forclosure auction....they are not the actual prices of the houses

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 05:46:42 AM »
Although those are not the actual house prices, it feels good to live less than 30 miles from such a beautiful city ;D
E

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 05:56:13 AM »
Although those are not the actual house prices, it feels good to live less than 30 miles from such a beautiful city ;D

I have pretty much lived here all my life, and I have now totally given up on Detroit!!! There is just no hope. I went to see Dave Chappelle a while back and the audience wouldn't even let him do his act, it was like " your in Detroit now bitch" . And now with this wonderful Mayor, the D gets what it deserves.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 05:57:48 AM »
Try getting one near Paris :(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 06:08:47 AM »
houses were overpriced.

people bought a second home, or a home beyond their means, because post-911 interest rates were so good.

it corrected itself. 

there aren't enough people to buy these 2nd homes now, and adjustable rates jumped.

it was speculation based upon the belief things (rates and demand) would be that good forever.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 06:14:38 AM »
Those houses all look condemned and uninhabitable maybe thats why the price is what it is and says as is.

240 who in their right mind would go for an adjustable mortgage rate  ::)

SURPRISE!!!! you can't afford your rate anymore  :o

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 06:19:50 AM »
detroit is the worst for lots of things, including crime, early mortality, it's just across from windsor, ontario canada.  even spanish illegals wont live in detroit.  as usual 240 is out to lunch. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 06:32:03 AM »
detroit is the worst for lots of things, including crime, early mortality, it's just across from windsor, ontario canada.  even spanish illegals wont live in detroit.  as usual 240 is out to lunch. 

okay.  are you saying there is no housing crisis in USA at the moment?

I just explained why - minimal demand, rates rising, and stupid people.  What is facually incorrect there?

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 06:32:41 AM »

why is he out to lunch? i dont think he was talking about that area in particular.....more of a generality of what happened to the housing market in the US as a whole....

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 06:34:55 AM »

240 who in their right mind would go for an adjustable mortgage rate  ::)

a few years ago? about a third of the buyers in the United States

ergo the dramatic forclosure rate....

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 06:58:04 AM »
1) no....
2) massive forclosures are typically on the middle income who are stretched to thin. bought a house they couldnt afford to begin with.
3) those prices are the starting bids for a forclosure auction....they are not the actual prices of the houses
Okay. Just to give us euros an idea: the cheapest house on that list, what would it normally go for? 40,000? 80,000? 200,000?

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 07:04:16 AM »
Okay. Just to give us euros an idea: the cheapest house on that list, what would it normally go for? 40,000? 80,000? 200,000?

a house like that where i live...for purchase? 25-55,000 dollars US

those are for auction...so they can go for $1000 if no one wants them

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 08:01:09 AM »
:D

http://www.realtor.com/search/searchresults.aspx?ctid=2959&typ=7

YOU'RE  A FOOL IF YOU THINK THESE ARE THE ACTUAL PRICES FOR HOMES IN AMERICA. AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE PICTURES ALL OF THESE HOMES HAVE EITHER BEEN ON FIRE OR ARE IN SUCH A POOR STATE OF BEING IT WOULD COST A PERSON HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS JUST TO MAKE IT SOMEWHAT LIVABLE. THE NORMAL PRICES FOR HOMES IN AMERICA RUN IN THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS EVEN FOR A SMALL HOME, WHICH IS RIDICULOUS, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING AMERICA IS AT LEAST THREE TIMES THE SIZE OF EUROPE AND HAS A SMALLER POPULATION.

DETROIT IS A CITY IN DIRE STRAITS WITH SO MUCH UNEMPLOYMENT AND WITH THE AUTOMOTIVE COMPANIES LAYING OFF TENS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DETROIT IS GOING TO GET WORST. ANYONE BUYING PROPERTY IN DETROIT, OR IN STATES LIKE CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, NEW YORK, WASHINGTON STATE ETC ETC ARE LOSING OR WILL LOSE EVERYTHING DUE TO LOSS OF EMPLOYMENT, HOUSING MARKET CRASH AS WELL AS THE GAME THAT WAS PLAYED ON THEM WHEN THEY PURCHASED THESE GROSSLY OVER PRICED HOMES. MANY BUYERS WERE GIVEN THE IMPRESSION THAT THE INTEREST RATE THEY BOUGHT THE HOME AT WOULD REMAIN THE SAME OR WOULD GO DOWN!!!!!! WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IS THE INTEREST RATES DOUBLED AND EVEN TRIPLED IN MANY CASES LEAVING THE BUYER WITH MORTGAGES THAT TRIPLED MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY THE LOAN. NOW WE ARE SEEING FORECLOSURE AT AN ALARMING RATE, HOMES BEING SEIZED AND PEOPLE FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY BECAUSE OF THE FINANCIAL DIRE STRAITS THEY HAVE NOW FOUND THEMSELVES IN.

IN NEW YORK CITY MANY WHITE EUROPEANS ARE BUYING OVERPRICED COOPS, CONDOS AND HOMES BECAUSE THE EURO, POUND, MARK, FRANC ETC ARE SO MUCH MORE VALUABLE THAN THE AMERICAN DOLLAR THAT THE PRICES SEEM LIKE A BARGAIN.... PROBLEM IS THEY WILL SOON FIND THEMSELVES IN THE SAME FINANCIAL PIT OF TROUBLE AS HOMEOWNERS IN AMERICA. MOST OF NEW YORK CITY IS NOW ABANDONED OF BUSINESS', HOUSING MARKET IS RUNNING OVER WITH EXCESS HOMES, TOWNHOUSES, APARTMENTS ETC AND THE VALUE OF PROPERTY DEPRECIATES AS SOON AS A PERSON BUYS IT. MOST HOMES HAVE LOST FIFTY PERCENT OF THEIR VALUE ALREADY AND THINGS ARE GETTING WORST.

BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU READ ABOUT AMERICA IN ANY REGARD, BECAUSE TRULY AMERICA IS LIKE THE EMERALD CITY IN THE WIZARD OF OZ...IT IS ALL A FANTASY BASED ON EXTREME LIES. IT S A TRAP THAT WILL SUCK THE WEALTH AND LIFE FROM A PERSON AND PROVIDE NOTHING IN RETURN AND MORE AND MORE OF THIS WILL BECOME EVIDENT AS THE FINANCIAL WOES OF AMERICA BECOMES KNOWN TO THE REST OF THE WORLD....
C

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008, 08:10:51 AM »
YOU'RE  A FOOL IF YOU THINK THESE ARE THE ACTUAL PRICES FOR HOMES IN AMERICA. AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE PICTURES ALL OF THESE HOMES HAVE EITHER BEEN ON FIRE OR ARE IN SUCH A POOR STATE OF BEING IT WOULD COST A PERSON .... blah blah blah

I refuse to read your shit thread-all-caps.... seriously dude learn how to use a Keyboard ::)