Author Topic: Pec tears  (Read 2191 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Pec tears
« on: March 02, 2008, 10:59:42 AM »
Do powerlifters have a higher % of pec tears compared to BBers?

Is it more or less common for a powerlifter to tear a pec or a bber?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
Re: Pec tears
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 12:34:38 PM »
Do powerlifters have a higher % of pec tears compared to BBers?

Is it more or less common for a powerlifter to tear a pec or a bber?

I have no idea of the statistics, but off the top of my head, I can think of more bodybuilders with pec tears than I can powerlifters---and the powerlifters I think of are those who compete RAW or those who used the older gear.   When I think muscle tears in powerlifting, I think biceps tears, triceps tears, and quad tears.   I also think of labrial tears of the shoulders.   When I think bodybuilding I think pec tears or hamstring tears.   

Now that said, I'm just speaking of the ones I know off the top of my head, so I may be way off base with posting what I posted above.   If someone has different information, please correct me. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 01:39:47 PM »
Vet, that is kind of the same thing I noticed, more bber tearing pecs than plers,

I am wondering why? Could it be a bodyfat thing? Sloppy form? Different gear usage?

Anyone?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 02:02:02 PM »
Could also have something to do with the fact that powerlifters are taught that most of your power comes from the triceps, in the bench. BBers are trying to hit the pecs while PLers are doing the lift the most efficient way to move weight instead of focussing on a "muscle group." That is why you see more tricep tears than pec in PLing, I believe.