Author Topic: Anyone Ever Go On A Cruise  (Read 2701 times)

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
Anyone Ever Go On A Cruise
« on: March 04, 2008, 07:21:22 PM »
I've been really working hard this year and to reward myself I was thinking of going on a vacation. Any ladies here been on a cruise? Are they worth it? Or is it a "Bacteria Box" on water? I wanted to go and stop on a few islands and just kick back and RELAX. Can you recommend a really fun cruise or if not maybe a killer vacation I can take. My goal is to just kick back, sip on pina coloda's in the sand? Well?  Thank you ladies :)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Anyone Ever Go On A Cruise
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 07:52:09 PM »
I've been really working hard this year and to reward myself I was thinking of going on a vacation. Any ladies here been on a cruise? Are they worth it? Or is it a "Bacteria Box" on water? I wanted to go and stop on a few islands and just kick back and RELAX. Can you recommend a really fun cruise or if not maybe a killer vacation I can take. My goal is to just kick back, sip on pina coloda's in the sand? Well?  Thank you ladies :)

I have been on a cruise before and will not do it again.  To me, it is not something you can just "kick back and relax".   Sure, endless food.... on their schedule.  Endless things to do... on their schedule.  Want to lay around the pool in the sun?  Good luck getting a chair.  Have someone serve you drinks poolside?  After you are lucky enough to get a chair, you'll be signing away and before you know it, by the end of the cruise, you've racked up another SEVERAL hundred dollars in drinks and tips.  Visiting several islands sounds wonderful.  Who wants to get up at the crack of dawn in order to disembark at port for the day and rush back to the boat by 4:00 or get left behind.  Sleep in, eat a good breakfast and you're lucky to spend a few hours on the island doing whatever.  There's an endless plethora of things to do, but everything is on their schedule.  Not relaxing at all IMO.

Sounds like an All Inclusive vacation would be more what you're looking for.  Check out the last minute specials here:  www.applevacations.com or www.funjet.com
:

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 07:58:19 PM »

I have been on a cruise before and will not do it again.  To me, it is not something you can just "kick back and relax".   Sure, endless food.... on their schedule.  Endless things to do... on their schedule.  Want to lay around the pool in the sun?  Good luck getting a chair.  Have someone serve you drinks poolside?  After you are lucky enough to get a chair, you'll be signing away and before you know it, by the end of the cruise, you've racked up another SEVERAL hundred dollars in drinks and tips.  Visiting several islands sounds wonderful.  Who wants to get up at the crack of dawn in order to disembark at port for the day and rush back to the boat by 4:00 or get left behind.  Sleep in, eat a good breakfast and you're lucky to spend a few hours on the island doing whatever.  There's an endless plethora of things to do, but everything is on their schedule.  Not relaxing at all IMO.

Sounds like an All Inclusive vacation would be more what you're looking for.  Check out the last minute specials here:  www.applevacations.com or www.funjet.com

Hey thanks alot,,forget the cruise, I will fly to Hawaii.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 09:24:02 PM »
Hey thanks alot,,forget the cruise, I will fly to Hawaii.

Maui is awesome!
:

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 05:12:41 AM »

I agree.  I took an all inclusive vacation to the Bahamas several years back and it was awesome! 
:D Weee

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 05:34:48 AM »
Maui is awesome!
Yes!

Jediknight, if you do an Apple Vacation I suggest you stay in a 5 or 6 apple rated resort or at the very least a 4.  Nothing below a 4 or you will check in and check out on the same day.

I've never taken a cruise but last year my workout partner went on a cruise that cruised the Hawaiian Islands.  They liked it.
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 05:50:07 AM »

I can't recall ever being on a cruise. If I was, it was unbeknownst to me.

:)

w8m8

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 09:07:49 AM »
I've been on a cruise and totally agree with Princess' review , it was too much clock watching and also pretty hard to find a spot where you could just "hang" and enjoy it all. I was pretty sick one morning from rough seas so it did me in for any future cruise plans.

All inclusive is the way to go and I'd love to go to one where it's beachside . . there's nothing like relaxing on a beach listening to the waves crash . . of course a nice frozen drink only helps  :D

:P Lucky you , promise to come back and tell how good it was when you decide  :)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 12:00:09 PM »
no

terryP

• Getbig II
  • Don't Quit!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 02:49:39 PM »
I've been on a cruise and totally agree with Princess' review , it was too much clock watching and also pretty hard to find a spot where you could just "hang" and enjoy it all. I was pretty sick one morning from rough seas so it did me in for any future cruise plans.

All inclusive is the way to go and I'd love to go to one where it's beachside . . there's nothing like relaxing on a beach listening to the waves crash . . of course a nice frozen drink only helps  :D

:P Lucky you , promise to come back and tell how good it was when you decide  :)
I don't mean to intrude...but does that include Norwegian Cruises? I am seriously consdering a cruise this year...any experierence with NCL?
Stay Strong!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 02:50:46 PM »
I don't mean to intrude...but does that include Norwegian Cruises? I am seriously consdering a cruise this year...any experierence with NCL?
Hey TerryP. Nice abs in your avatar.
:D Weee

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 08:07:29 AM »
  I can't recall ever being on a cruise. If I was, it was unbeknownst to me.

:)

YOU SMUGGLED DRUGS INTO THIS FACILITY!!!...........

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 08:09:14 AM »
  I'm  not familiar with NCL.  I know they advertise "free style cruising".  Whatever that means.  Everything would still need to be on a schedule which is not my idea relaxing.  Don't get me wrong.  There's some great things about a cruise ~ like being able to see many places in a short amount of time without having to pack and repack your suitcase ~ always coming back to the same room (albeit SMALL rooms), etc.  I think an Alaskan cruise would be awesome, but that would be more of an adventure type vacation vs a relaxing on the beach with a pina coloda type vacation.
:

w8m8

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 01:45:33 PM »

I think the free style is worth a try , I'm not sure but the last I read about it ,it sounded like there's no schedule to adhere to.

I had some friends who were looking into it but took an offer of an all inclusive Mexico trip , no cruise.

Princess may be right though so I'd ask a rep. , an e-mail won't hurt ,  but it sounded like it was all open to whatever ,and was not even necessary to get all dressed up to eat prissy little food with strangers  ;)

ps: you aren't intruding  :)

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 03:11:48 PM »
Yes!

Jediknight, if you do an Apple Vacation I suggest you stay in a 5 or 6 apple rated resort or at the very least a 4.  Nothing below a 4 or you will check in and check out on the same day.

I've never taken a cruise but last year my workout partner went on a cruise that cruised the Hawaiian Islands.  They liked it.

Thanks Stella.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 03:22:32 PM »
Yes!

I have found the Apple rating system to vary from location to location.  A 5 apple in Mexico is not the same as a 5 apple in say... Punta Cana or St. Thomas.    I'm not sure how they come up with their rating system because a 6 in Punta Cana would be a 4 in Cancun.  Actually, a 4 in Cancun would probably be nicer than a 6 in Punta Cana.

In Mexico,  the difference between a 5 and a 6 could be something as small as 5 restaurants -vs- 6 restaurants, but elsewhere it could be the difference between posh and run of the mill.
: