Author Topic: Like I said Obama's Trinity Church is hinged on radical views  (Read 3119 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
What Obama guy was it that tried to argue nothing was wrong with the Trinity Church a month or two ago?

::)

Likewise I'm sure Obama  knew NOTHING of his political views in the 22 years of going to that Church, furthermore maybe he did not even go to the church  :-\ so guess that would make him muslim still after all

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080314/ap_on_el_pr/obama_pastor

In a 2003 sermon, he said blacks should condemn the United States.

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

He also gave a sermon in December comparing Obama to Jesus, promoting his candidacy and playing down Clinton.

What a nutcase radical church this is. Crap

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: Like I said Obama's Trinity Church is hinged on radical views
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 08:12:46 PM »

Sweet!  Finally somebody who stands for something!!!!!!!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 08:57:06 PM »
Slightly more radical than this:

“Most readers will be shocked by the clear record of history linking Adolf Hitler and the Roman Catholic Church in a conspiracy to exterminate the Jews.” - Jerusalem Countdown (revised edition, 2007, p. 114)

"Anyone who makes the life of Jewish people difficult or grievous, as did the Pharaoh, as did Hitler, will be cursed by God." - keynote address to AIPAC, (March 12, 2007)

"If you live your life and don't confess your sins to God Almighty through the authority of Christ and His blood, I'm going to say this very plainly, you're going straight to hell with a nonstop ticket." October, 2006[3]

"All hurricanes are acts of God because God controls the heavens. I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that." [29].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hagee#Quotes

However, i agree, this "advisor" should stay out of politics   lol

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 08:59:41 PM »

Who gives a shit?

The country's been rawdogged up the ass by Bush and cronies, and this is what the Republicans want to talk about?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 09:03:59 PM »
Slightly more radical than this:

“Most readers will be shocked by the clear record of history linking Adolf Hitler and the Roman Catholic Church in a conspiracy to exterminate the Jews.” - Jerusalem Countdown (revised edition, 2007, p. 114)

"Anyone who makes the life of Jewish people difficult or grievous, as did the Pharaoh, as did Hitler, will be cursed by God." - keynote address to AIPAC, (March 12, 2007)

"If you live your life and don't confess your sins to God Almighty through the authority of Christ and His blood, I'm going to say this very plainly, you're going straight to hell with a nonstop ticket." October, 2006[3]

"All hurricanes are acts of God because God controls the heavens. I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that." [29].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hagee#Quotes

However, i agree, this "advisor" should stay out of politics   lol

I'm waiting for LA, Las Vegas and Rio De Janeiro to wiped off the map then ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 09:07:28 PM »
remember the good old days

when we used to think Obama was a radical muslim?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 09:12:04 PM »

I'd vote for the Caliph of Baghdad if I thought he could unfuck our economy.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 09:15:29 PM »
I'd vote for the Caliph of Baghdad if I thought he could unfuck our economy.

After all this you'd vote for Bush?   ;D

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 09:16:09 PM »
After all this you'd vote for Bush?   ;D

Well played.  ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 09:30:44 AM »
UNbelievable...this guy says he hates America...blames us for 911 and is happy about it....and Obama goes to this church for 20 years and nobody has a problem with it. This is the absolute height of liberal hypocrisy. Obama is dangerous and is isn't even qualified to be a crossing guard. Oh but this is ll bullshit right..those video's of the racist preacher were madeup. Lets not bring in Bush..we're talking Obama. We are talking the guy who hates American and the presidential candidate who goes to his church.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 10:00:26 AM »
Straw, I know ur not religious so how about this..if u went to the same resturant 2 times and got shitty food and service u'd stop going right? If u went for 20 years and still got the same shitty service that would be ur fault right? This guy went for 20 years....and gave money..to a preacher who's message he didn't agree with? ::)
L

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 10:17:47 AM »
Obama responds:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23640119#23640119

Obama "It was important for him to step out of the spotlight in this situation." hahahahaha

Obama "I never heard him say anything klike that in all my years there." hahahahahaha Kinda reminds me of, "I never inhaled."

I like the way he squirmed on CNN a bit better.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 10:19:44 AM »
20 years..I'm catholic..if my parents didn't like the way a priest said Mass once..or the homily was boring..we changed Mass times or Churches...once....this guy goes for 20 years.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 10:26:57 AM »
UNbelievable...this guy says he hates America...blames us for 911 and is happy about it....and Obama goes to this church for 20 years and nobody has a problem with it. This is the absolute height of liberal hypocrisy. Obama is dangerous and is isn't even qualified to be a crossing guard. Oh but this is ll bullshit right..those video's of the racist preacher were madeup. Lets not bring in Bush..we're talking Obama. We are talking the guy who hates American and the presidential candidate who goes to his church.

I have to agree.

Also, either Obama didn't go to church often or the bizarre comments by this guy simply didn't phase him.  I don't believe for one second that Obama never heard the guy make these kinds of statements in the past. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 10:29:04 AM »
20 years..I'm catholic..if my parents didn't like the way a priest said Mass once..or the homily was boring..we changed Mass times or Churches...once....this guy goes for 20 years.

He's a politician before he's black or white. He's walking a tightrope on this one that's for sure. He's thinking, "Shit, how can I distance myself from the radical black community I'm part of just so I can look like I'm a "brotha" and not lose the trust of the white zombie base I picked up?"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »
They say he went to establish "black street credit"..what ever the hell that is. Everything this guy does is calculated. He miscalculated.

As to Bindar's latest....could he not have found a better church. This guy came out of the womb shaking hands and kissing babies. Also look at this issue with an unbiased eye....were this Hil or a Repub, how much play would it get.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 10:32:25 AM »
Straw, I know ur not religious so how about this..if u went to the same resturant 2 times and got shitty food and service u'd stop going right? If u went for 20 years and still got the same shitty service that would be ur fault right? This guy went for 20 years....and gave money..to a preacher who's message he didn't agree with? ::)

using that same analogy - you're judging the restaurant (I'm assuming the restaurant it the church or pastor) by a few meals that someone else had that you heard were bad (Obama claims not to have been present during these sermons and he has repudiated the statements made in these sermons).

Maybe Obama liked the majority of his experiences and his personal relationship with this person and he doesn't have to agree with 100% of what this guys says or seems to believe

I think all of these pastors are a bit nutty and  I'd like to leave all this religious shit out of politics and have the candidates stick with the real and serious issues that we are facing today.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 10:34:44 AM »
Yes but they guy is commenting on life in America and influencing people.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 10:36:54 AM »
20 years..I'm catholic..if my parents didn't like the way a priest said Mass once..or the homily was boring..we changed Mass times or Churches...once....this guy goes for 20 years?

are you serious?  one boring homily and your family bails.  I sat through hundreds of boring homiies when I was a kid.  Was your family just attending church for entertainment value.

sidenote - when I was a kid I got a digital watch for Christmas (big thing in the 70's) and I timed all the priests to see who gave the shortest homily and then I would lobby my parents to attend the mass of whoever did the shortest one most consistently (though they didn't know the reason).  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
Obama made this guy walk the plank

He's still gonna have to deal with this in the future (as pointed out by Olberman and acknowlegded by Obama).

Unless this guy was spewing this shit daily for the last 20 years I can't really hold these few sermons against Obama.

Either way, what's my choice - vote for Hilary or McCain?

No Thanks

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 10:40:22 AM »
using that same analogy - you're judging the restaurant (I'm assuming the restaurant it the church or pastor) by a few meals that someone else had that you heard were bad (Obama claims not to have been present during these sermons and he has repudiated the statements made in these sermons).

Maybe Obama liked the majority of his experiences and his personal relationship with this person and he doesn't have to agree with 100% of what this guys says or seems to believe

I think all of these pastors are a bit nutty and  I'd like to leave all this religious shit out of politics and have the candidates stick with the real and serious issues that we are facing today.

If Obama is guilty of anything it's being too good a politician and now it's bit him in the ass. He  a guy that says and does one thing with one group and then turns around and does/says  a different thing with another group. EVERY crummy politician does this and that's what bothers me more then the remarks themsleves. He's no different then the next shitty canidate.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 10:41:24 AM »
Obama made this guy walk the plank

He's still gonna have to deal with this in the future (as pointed out by Olberman and acknowlegded by Obama).

Unless this guy was spewing this shit daily for the last 20 years I can't really hold these few sermons against Obama.

Either way, what's my choice - vote for Hilary or McCain?

No Thanks

Write in Ron Paul on the ballot.  ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 10:46:03 AM »
Write in Ron Paul on the ballot.  ;D

what good will that do

I might as well vote for Nader

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 11:00:04 AM »
what good will that do

I might as well vote for Nader

Sends a message that the people are using their brains and that we're tired of getting screwed over.