Author Topic: Your Opinion  (Read 4034 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Your Opinion
« on: March 23, 2008, 09:26:44 PM »
Okay I know this is out of the ordinary but I wanted to ask you guys since this is the only board I go to.  I am giving my floor layout for my gym to the contractor this week to get some buildout costs.  I like doing the floor layouts myself but I still want some opinions.  I am hiring an interior design company ot of Atlanta to handle the actual design of the gym but it is my vision and ideas I want.  So I want to know if what I have listed is good for the MMA side of my gym.  Nothing is set in stone.  But I think I have a lot covered.  But if you know of something I should have tell me and I will see about included it.  The items listed are just within the footage for the MMA center that is within my gym.  The total square feet of the whole facility is just under 45,000 sq.ft.  Wth 3,500 sq. ft. of country club style locker rooms, group fitness, pro shop, juice bar/cafe, childcare, and just about everything else you can think.

1. 2) 22' Octagons
2. 2) 22' Boxing rings
3. 15-20) various sized heavy bags
4. 3 to 5) adjustable speed bags
5. 15 pieces of high intensity cardio equipment
6. high altitude room
7. 3,000 sq. ft. mat room
8. 200 sq. ft. private training room
9. elevated mezzanine with bleachers facing the mat room and another set of bleachers facing the ring room
10. stretching area
11. 400 sq. ft. office
12. storage lockers under the rings
13. various pads, gloves, guards etc.

The gym area will be very modern and just awesome looking.  The ceiling height is 22'+.  The MMA center will have an entrance which is fingerprint secured.    The decor as you enter the MMA center will be hardcore, New York back alley style.  I am hiring a local graffiti artist to paint the entire back wall. which is close to 200' in length.  So the atmosphere in the MMA center will be very high energy and inspiring.

Give me your thoughts. 

Thanks

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
Re: Your Opinion
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 06:44:38 AM »
Wow. That place sounds like a dream for martial arts training. It seems as if you have a clear idea of what you want and it sounds really nice. The only thing you need that you did not list is some Grappling Dummies.
Combat Sports makes the best one, they come in 90,120,140 LBS I believe. I would definitely recommend getting one or two as they are really essential for learning and practicing many techniques, as well as for drilling. Best of luck with the place, I'd certainly like to check it out when it's finished! 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 06:45:15 AM »
Sounds pretty damn sweet keith. Where you doing this at the island or in Vegas?

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 12:27:04 PM »
Sounds awesome - good luck with it fella

milfer

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 03:28:05 PM »
how much $$$$$$$$$$$$ is that gonna cost you????? where is it at???
?

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 03:39:36 PM »
how much $$$$$$$$$$$$ is that gonna cost you????? where is it at???

vegas

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 05:50:13 PM »
In the best case scenario, I'd replace one of the 22' cages for a 36.  The 22's are tight fitting, and you can't have more than 4 people in there without banging into each other.  Other than that, it looks like a dream come true.  Are you getting throwdown cages?  Those are much better than the CSi. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 06:18:42 PM »
In the best case scenario, I'd replace one of the 22' cages for a 36.  The 22's are tight fitting, and you can't have more than 4 people in there without banging into each other.  Other than that, it looks like a dream come true.  Are you getting throwdown cages?  Those are much better than the CSi. 

I never seen a 36' Octagon.

Thanks guys.  Also it is Vegas.  I will post up a drawing when it is done.  I did the layout in Photoshop and gave it to the interior designer and contractor.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 06:53:10 PM »
My bad, 30'. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 09:07:38 PM »
I never seen a 36' Octagon.

Thanks guys.  Also it is Vegas.  I will post up a drawing when it is done.  I did the layout in Photoshop and gave it to the interior designer and contractor.

What location you looking at? Meaning what area, I will be back down there in the next year or two. I will have to come check it out. Who you going to have teaching at your spot?

heavyNbasic

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 09:45:10 PM »
In addition to above mentioned items, I have a few suggestions:
- an old driftwood tree stump, approx. 8' in diameter - for practicing my crane kicks.
- a flat, upright, high-gloss surface & a few old sponges for waxin' on/waxin' off.
- a few bamboo sticks for wackin' across the shins.
- a crossover/pulley system for groin flexibility.

That should just about do it.  I'll be sure to stop in next time I'm in Vegas.  45 000 sq.ft; the place is huge.  Good luck.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 12:26:05 AM »
What location you looking at? Meaning what area, I will be back down there in the next year or two. I will have to come check it out. Who you going to have teaching at your spot?

This is West Vegas.  We will be looking to open in the four points.  I can't say who right now just because I don't want to until I have actually opened.  I don't want to speak before the fact.  We will actually start our pre-sales about 4 months out from the opening and will reveal by then.  I may do it earlier since we will be promoting the gym as soon we can.  But I assure you we will have some of the best available cause I will pay them more than they are making anywhere else plus the incentives.  And there will be guest pros brought in monthly for special classes.  I have a tremendous rollodex with unreal contacts in the MMA.  And I just learned yesterday my friend manages two of the biggest names in the industry.  I have a meeting with him after he returns from France on the 7th, so I will maybe be able to reveal then some info.

In addition to above mentioned items, I have a few suggestions:
- an old driftwood tree stump, approx. 8' in diameter - for practicing my crane kicks.
- a flat, upright, high-gloss surface & a few old sponges for waxin' on/waxin' off.
- a few bamboo sticks for wackin' across the shins.
- a crossover/pulley system for groin flexibility.

That should just about do it.  I'll be sure to stop in next time I'm in Vegas.  45 000 sq.ft; the place is huge.  Good luck.

I will actually be using my own car.  I can get a free detail that way.  I will post up a prelim drawing when done.  I am very excited and have been working on this since last April or so. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 12:31:56 AM »
The way you  describe it, Keith, it would clearly be one of the top MMA facilities in the country.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 08:01:28 AM »
The way you  describe it, Keith, it would clearly be one of the top MMA facilities in the country.

Thats what I am shooting for. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 02:53:06 PM »
Thats what I am shooting for. 

Well I want to know prices. I think we will be back down there in the next year or two. I was looking at going over to Foosie (sp) but this place sounds pretty damn nice...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 04:50:24 PM »
Well I want to know prices. I think we will be back down there in the next year or two. I was looking at going over to Foosie (sp) but this place sounds pretty damn nice...

My prices are going to be as good if not better than any of the competition.  There will be two types.  Gym Only and Combo (gym and MMA).  With the MMA membership you get the gym included at no extra cost.  The Gym Only is just that, MMA lessons will be extra.  The MMA center will be controlled with a fingerprint reader which will help not having to monitor who goes in and out.  There is a separate membership application for the MMA center as it will be in more detail covering injury and liability.  The gym only membership will be around $22 to $25 a month.  The MMA combo will be somewhere between $125 and $175 a month unlimited classes.  There are lesser programs for more direct training meaning not unlimited.  Private lessons will be determined by the instructor choosen.  I know Couture charges $1,000 an hour.  Most others are cheaper.

What separates us will be what we have to offer once you are inside.  I have several services and programs available to our members that no other gym in the country is offering or has thought of.  And I will not get into those now.  And we are going to be a one-stop shop for our members.  No more having to go to GNC or Max Muscle to buy supplements.  No more having to go to the mall to buy workout gear.  No more having to go online to buy MMA gear.  Everything will be there available to our members and guests.  Members will pay a lesser price than a non-member on every items and service we provide. 

When the time is right I will be able to start telling you who is involved on the MMA side.  Till then I have to keep my mouth shout.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »
My prices are going to be as good if not better than any of the competition.  There will be two types.  Gym Only and Combo (gym and MMA).  With the MMA membership you get the gym included at no extra cost.  The Gym Only is just that, MMA lessons will be extra.  The MMA center will be controlled with a fingerprint reader which will help not having to monitor who goes in and out.  There is a separate membership application for the MMA center as it will be in more detail covering injury and liability.  The gym only membership will be around $22 to $25 a month.  The MMA combo will be somewhere between $125 and $175 a month unlimited classes.  There are lesser programs for more direct training meaning not unlimited.  Private lessons will be determined by the instructor choosen.  I know Couture charges $1,000 an hour.  Most others are cheaper.

What separates us will be what we have to offer once you are inside.  I have several services and programs available to our members that no other gym in the country is offering or has thought of.  And I will not get into those now.  And we are going to be a one-stop shop for our members.  No more having to go to GNC or Max Muscle to buy supplements.  No more having to go to the mall to buy workout gear.  No more having to go online to buy MMA gear.  Everything will be there available to our members and guests.  Members will pay a lesser price than a non-member on every items and service we provide. 

When the time is right I will be able to start telling you who is involved on the MMA side.  Till then I have to keep my mouth shout.

Ho braddah, no forget da tourist's who come from the aina fo visit. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 05:28:15 PM »

no foget da brok da mout juice ba! cuz brahdas is going be ready fo grind afta de try fo learn how scrap and get tik!

best of luck Keith! just waiting for Kev to turn Golds around again!!  ;D

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 06:16:07 PM »
with this recession we're headin into you sure it's a good time to start a business ?

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 07:22:12 PM »
no foget da brok da mout juice ba! cuz brahdas is going be ready fo grind afta de try fo learn how scrap and get tik!

best of luck Keith! just waiting for Kev to turn Golds around again!!  ;D

I hope you weren't referring to me, cause that just aint happening.   ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 12:07:49 AM »
Ho braddah, no forget da tourist's who come from the aina fo visit. 

Those are a gimme............FREEBIE

with this recession we're headin into you sure it's a good time to start a business ?

Any other business I would say yes.  But every number in the health club industry is higher.  People do not all of a sudden stop going to the gym no matter what their money situation.  When was the last time you heard someone say "I can no longer afford to go to the gym and get in shape and be healthy"  I think I have to quit and just get fatter and out of shape because I have no money.  I mean homeless people join a gym just so they have a place to take a shower.  MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world.  Getting Healthy and leading a healthy lifestye is still near the top of the list of what people have as a goal.   Anti-aging facilities and programs have grown 1000 times over the past 10 years. The A4M was a convention attended by less than a 1000 people the first year less than 10 years ago.  I was there.  Bob Goldman has made it so big he sells franchises for millions of dollars.  this is the one industry that just keeps getting bigger and bigger.  In addition, all our other locations will be in buildings we own, no longer renting.  I could do that with this flagship location except the owner won't sell but I want that location regardless.