Author Topic: Stress, illness, insomnia preventing me from making progress in diet/lifting...  (Read 1757 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
These last few months I have done my best to make progress dropping weight whilst maintaining my muscle mass but the constant sleep deprivation (2-3 hours a night and take medication just for that), getting sick (I get a cold every month now which is related to the lack of sleep, the nature of work and the country), work stress (little demon children), environment filthy, unhygienic, germs, bacteria, air born viruses everywhere in this country and a total disregard for hygiene (I mentioned that), the fact that I hate my job and I fucking hate Korea...well all these things come together and limit my energy, time and ability to do things.

It has become near impossible to set exact goals for myself in terms of very much anything, specifically weight loss/lifting goals. I do what I can. I think the only strategy I have is to just be more vague; drop whatever weight I can whilst staying sane. The more stress and pressure I put on myself to achieve certain things, the less I sleep and the more my job weighs down on me.

I am leaving in less than 4 months so my new goal is just to try to stay healthy and drop SOME weight. I think anything else is unreasonable. Hardcore dieting is not an option now and I will have to postpone that for when I am in a better environment and psychologically more sound. So, SOME PROGRESS is the new goal, within the limitations I have.

My question to many of you, particularly the older guys here who have had similar situations is: did you also just ease up on how hardcore you were going to approach something when you were in a very unpleasant situation with health problems and stress, postponing your goals for a later time? Did it work out well? Or did you somehow push through? What would your advice be to me?
I hate the State.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Try smoking opium.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Sounds like hell, bro. Just get to the gym and do what you can. With that little sleep I wouldn't attempt to lift more than three days per week. Depending on your schedule maybe you can go in and do cardio most mornings. The cardio may help you sleep better and of course aid in losing weight.

The gym is the one place to forget about the problems of the world for an hour or so. If you don't want to set major goals, just make it your goal to GET to the gym and give yourself credit for that. Don't stress too much about your diet until your circumstances change.
!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Sounds like hell, bro. Just get to the gym and do what you can. With that little sleep I wouldn't attempt to lift more than three days per week. Depending on your schedule maybe you can go in and do cardio most mornings. The cardio may help you sleep better and of course aid in losing weight.

The gym is the one place to forget about the problems of the world for an hour or so. If you don't want to set major goals, just make it your goal to GET to the gym and give yourself credit for that. Don't stress too much about your diet until your circumstances change.

Thanks; that's the plan...eat healty, relatively low carb, somewhat fewer calories....
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
4 months = about 122 days. You will make it dear friend.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
You can tough it up, just like the Hwarang had to do when Koguryo, Silla and Baekjen where fighting each other...

I have been to similar situation's exept where i live there's no, germs, viruses or pollution (yes i know that even my keyboard has bacteria, but you'll get my drift... )

If it get's way too much, you can get a prescription for XANAX, if they do not give it to someone in your situation, i don't know who will they give it to.

Best of luck...

Ps. I hope to evolution that you live in South Korea...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG