Author Topic: beta-2 receptors  (Read 2712 times)

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
beta-2 receptors
« on: April 22, 2008, 07:15:45 AM »
Any OTC supps or any leagal supps to up-regulate beta 2 receptors? basically is there an OTC version of ketotifen? or anything similar to it?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: beta-2 receptors
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 09:11:20 AM »
i think that is OTC

benadryl wworks the same way

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 06:19:34 PM »
i think that is OTC

benadryl wworks the same way

This is just mere hypothetical speculation that spread like wildfire over the net, so now everyone thinks it's fact.  They are not the same chemical compounds.
:

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 06:44:14 PM »
This is just mere hypothetical speculation that spread like wildfire over the net, so now everyone thinks it's fact.  They are not the same chemical compounds.
wrong

"Benadryl is sold as an anti-histimine in the United States, and/or a sleep aid elsewhere in the world. However, Beta receptors are embedded in the cell's outer phospholipid membrane. The stability of the membrane has a lot to do with the proper function of the receptors. Methylation of the phospholipids is stimulated by the binding of beta agonists to their receptors. Methylated phospholipids are foreign to the body, and when the body recognizes them as foreign, it breaks them down with phospholipase A2. This changes the structure of the outer membrane which results in desensitizaton of the beta receptors. On the other hand, agents that inhibit phospholipase A2 slow desensitization.

Cationic ampiphylic drugs are known for their ability to inhibit phospholipase A2. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is a cationic ampiphylic drug.

Ergo, Benadryl slows desensitization of Beta receptors (i.e. Upgrades them) by inhibiting phospholipase A2, which is the enzyme that breaks down methylated phospholipids, and this action in turn keeps the phospholipid membrane stable, and thus keeps the receptors functioning properly.

Reference:

Prog Clin Biol Res. 1981;63:383-8.
Phospholipid methylation: a possible mechanism of signal transduction across biomembranes.
Hirata F, Tallman JF, Henneberry RC, Mallorga P, Strittmatter WJ, Axelrod J"

:)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 01:15:22 PM »
wrong

"Benadryl is sold as an anti-histimine in the United States, and/or a sleep aid elsewhere in the world. However, Beta receptors are embedded in the cell's outer phospholipid membrane. The stability of the membrane has a lot to do with the proper function of the receptors. Methylation of the phospholipids is stimulated by the binding of beta agonists to their receptors. Methylated phospholipids are foreign to the body, and when the body recognizes them as foreign, it breaks them down with phospholipase A2. This changes the structure of the outer membrane which results in desensitizaton of the beta receptors. On the other hand, agents that inhibit phospholipase A2 slow desensitization.

Cationic ampiphylic drugs are known for their ability to inhibit phospholipase A2. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is a cationic ampiphylic drug.

Ergo, Benadryl slows desensitization of Beta receptors (i.e. Upgrades them) by inhibiting phospholipase A2, which is the enzyme that breaks down methylated phospholipids, and this action in turn keeps the phospholipid membrane stable, and thus keeps the receptors functioning properly.

Reference:

Prog Clin Biol Res. 1981;63:383-8.
Phospholipid methylation: a possible mechanism of signal transduction across biomembranes.
Hirata F, Tallman JF, Henneberry RC, Mallorga P, Strittmatter WJ, Axelrod J"

:)

Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges.  Yes, cationic ampiphylic drugs are well known for their ability to inhibit phospholipase A2. Ketotifen is a cationic ampiphylic drug, so is diphenhydramine (Benadryl).  Ketotifen does so much more than diphenhydramine though and there's 100s of studies to back it up.

This theory was started by Anthony Roberts (a.ka. Hooker) and has since spread all over the chemical sites and forums.   In fact, here is one of HIS posts:

Periactim is a prescription-anti-histimine. It used to be sold as an appetite stimulator by some sources. It has the additional benefit of decreasing beta-receptor action (in laymens terms, upregulating them). It also makes you really tired.

As we all know, Ketotifen also decreases beta-receptor action, and is an anti-histimine (which makes me tired also).

I'm working on of a pet theory of mine that many anti-histimine's will decrease beta-receptor action...Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) has all of the same side effects of Periactim and Ketotifen(makes me drowsy, hungry, and is an anti-histimine), so I'm theorizing that it effects the beta-receptors in the same way as Periactim and Ketotifen (which are both anti-histimines), but Benadryl is over the counter. To test my theory, I took 2 Benadryl tabs (100mgs total) every night and recorded how stimulated my clen made me feel (an imperfect indication of beta-agonist/antagonist activity). If I'm right, I felt my clen hitting me progressively "harder" (stimulating effect-wise) every day for the next couple of weeks, similar to when I started taking Ketotifen with my clen. But maybe the Benadryl just made me drowsy in the mornings when I awoke, and the clen "felt" like it was hitting me harder ...but was there a real decrease in Beta-2 activity? I think the Benadryl worked, but....

Does anyone have any input on this? Like...do you think I'm right or that this is feasable? Does anyone have Thoughts on whether Benadryl will work to upgrade my receptors, as those other 2 anti-histimine's do?

Comments, Please?

The implications of this are that everyone could stop buying Periactim or Ketotifen (to go with their clen) from mail order pharmacies and just go to the local Walgreens or CVS...I think everyone would rather be able to do that than order via mail and pay prescription-type prices.

Comments?!?! Do you think I'm onto something???
Dammit, I'd love to have a study showing Benadryl reduces Beta-2 activity! Oh well...can't have everything, I suppose...

Will it work?  Yes, probably and not very well.  It's like eating apples to get your vitamin C.
: