Author Topic: Best Fat Burner?  (Read 5984 times)

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
Re: Best Fat Burner?
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 10:29:50 AM »
I here ya man and i appreciate the help, I know its unhealthy to lose weight quickly but like i said its my first time trying to cut and i didnt know what to expect. So if i hit the gym 3 times a week like i do now but also hit cardio 5 times a week and maybe added in a caffeine,aspirin regemin would that help my goals?

And i dont know if im right on this but maybe keep protein in between 250-300gm per day carbs at 100 or so and fats......... i have no idea about maybe i could get some help with that?

thanx again

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 10:42:12 AM »
The only possible way to do that will be to follow an extreme low-carb diet for the entire 2 months.  Less than 20 - 30 grams a day.  One day a week, after a hard workout, eat up to 150 grams, but that's all you get.  Your diet should be about 60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% carbs.  The majority of your fat intake should be in the form of mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fats.  If you weigh around 200 lbs, you should shoot for about 1700-1800 calories a day.

Based on these recommendations, you're looking at: 150 - 160 grams of protein each day and 110 - 120 grams of fat per day.  By getting the majority of your calories from healthy fats, your body is going to use fat as it's primary source of fuel - not protein.  If you get the majority of your calories from protein, you'll just be telling your body to use protein as fuel - and it has a 24 hour supply of it, called muscle.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 04:36:38 PM »
Based on these recommendations, you're looking at: 150 - 160 grams of protein each day and 110 - 120 grams of fat per day.  By getting the majority of your calories from healthy fats, your body is going to use fat as it's primary source of fuel - not protein.  If you get the majority of your calories from protein, you'll just be telling your body to use protein as fuel - and it has a 24 hour supply of it, called muscle.
whitehulk if youve got some studies on that idea id love to see them. 

as far as i know the body cannot use protein for energy. it can only use fats or sugars.  and when a meal is conusmed that lacks sugars, the hormonal release(glucagon) signals for the majority of the body's cells to start running on fat, regardless of whether fat is present in the meal or not. now i that state, the glucose(sugar) demand would be oh so tiny. and for THAT tiny fuel demand, the body would either need a small amount of trace carbs or it would have to convert protien into glucose to use for energy.

but as i said...thats as far AS I KNOW.. i could be waaaayyyyy off

id ask usmokepole to jump in cuz i definitely trust what he says

BAZZERKER

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 07:01:39 PM »
He'll be elbow deep into a 10lb bag of peanut M&Ms by the second day.  ;D

But the hydroxycuthardcore will more than compensate for that...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA good shit
I

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »
If you're looking to lose fat rapidly, then forget about making gains at the same time.  The best you can do, is just try to maintain as much muscle as possible.

If you've got a lot more time, you can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.  But it's a much, much slower (and much healthier) way to go.

WH4 laid it out there for sure.. guy knows his shit.

as far as supplements go for fat burners, Atlarge nutrition's nitor definately gets the job done if you're not interested in ECA's or bronkaid.  When it comes down to it though when you're cutting, you're trying to hold onto as much lean mass as possible at the same time losing the fat. Look at it like turning a black of marble into a sculpture...you can take your time and turn it into a piece of art.. or just pound the shit out of it with a hammer and hope for the best. Both ways remove excessive rock. Only one however leaves the best results for the effort.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 09:00:52 PM »
WH4 laid it out there for sure.. guy knows his shit.

as far as supplements go for fat burners, Atlarge nutrition's nitor definately gets the job done if you're not interested in ECA's or bronkaid.  When it comes down to it though when you're cutting, you're trying to hold onto as much lean mass as possible at the same time losing the fat. Look at it like turning a black of marble into a sculpture...you can take your time and turn it into a piece of art.. or just pound the shit out of it with a hammer and hope for the best. Both ways remove excessive rock. Only one however leaves the best results for the effort.
cool metaphor/simile/figurative saying (WHATEVER! LOL) !  :)

how about knocking off the big pieces of rock with a sledge hammer then once you got the basic outline switching to a chisel... and once you got it detailed switching to a razor blaze..and once it looks like a piece of art hitting it with some 2000 grit sand paper..     8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 09:14:17 PM »
cool metaphor/simile/figurative saying (WHATEVER! LOL) !  :)

how about knocking off the big pieces of rock with a sledge hammer then once you got the basic outline switching to a chisel... and once you got it detailed switching to a razor blaze..and once it looks like a piece of art hitting it with some 2000 grit sand paper..     8)

most people shouldn't even own a screw driver let alone half that shit. Let's just keep it simple shall we.. i know it's get big, but some moron lurkers might read this and get the wrong idea.  ;D

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2008, 09:29:56 PM »
Ok i weigh 225 shouldnt i atleast still be taking in 225gm of protein per day, I have always heard that you should take in atleast 1gm per pound of bodyweight.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2008, 09:53:37 PM »
The 1g/lb rule 'o thumb is for lean weight.  Calculate your LBM, take that as your protein grams per day and multiply it by 4 to get protein cals for the day, add 120 cals to allow for 30g carbs, subtract the sum of protein and carb cals from 1700 (total cals/day) and divide by 9 to get how many g of fat to eat for the day.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2008, 10:43:24 AM »
Here is what Dr. Jeff Volek has to say about Thermocin and Nitor

Dr. Jeff Volek is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Kinesiology and holds an adjunct appointment in the Nutritional Sciences [at The University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT.]. Dr. Volek is also a registered dietitian (R.D.) and has conducted several prospective research studies investigating a variety of dietary and exercise interventions. Dr. Volek is a leading authority and researcher in the area of dietary composition and effects on diabetes and cardiovascular disease. He has authored/co-authored over 100 scientific manuscripts as well as several book chapters, conference proceedings, technical reports and editorials. He is co-founder of the Nutrition and Metabolism Society and an Associated Editor of its newly founded open access journal Nutrition & Metabolism. He is also on the Editorial Board of Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise and the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research and routinely serves as an ad hoc reviewer for over a dozen scientific journals. His pioneering work with carbohydrate-restricted diets has been a major thrust for the movement to redefine nutritional recommendation to enhance clinical outcomes. Dr. Volek is routinely invited to present his research findings at the national and international level to professional organizations and to industry. Currently his research is focused on studying novel roles for different dietary supplements and the physiological adaptations to different dietary and exercise regimens with an emphasis on diabetes, cardiovascular disease, weight loss/body composition, and metabolic/endocrine adaptations. His laboratory in the Kinesiology Department has the capabilities of doing state-of-the-art assessments for body composition and biochemical and functional measures related to risk for diabetes and cardiovascular disease

Bottom line, Dr. Volek is one of the leading minds in sports nutrition. Here is what he has to say about AtLarge Nutrition’s products:

“AtLarge Nutrition is a first class operation offering an assortment of superior quality supplements for the physically active individual who takes their health seriously. There is careful attention to formulation of products that are proven safe and efficacious. Their two thermogenic supplements, Nitor and Thermocin, exemplify their dedication to raising the bar of excellence in the supplement industry. These “fat burners” contain a blend of scientifically validated ingredients to aid in natural enhancement of energy levels and fat loss. Keep up the good work!

-Jeff S. Volek, PhD, RD: Exercise and nutrition researcher at the University of Connecticut and former competitive powerlifter”

The biggest, best, and most respected in the industry ALL recommend AtLarge Nutrition. Check us out and find out why!

www.atlargenutrition.com

w

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2008, 03:08:18 PM »

nitor
Guarana Extract (22% caffeine) 680 mg *

Kola Nut Extract
     (50% caffeine) 200 mg *

Green Tea Extract
     (90mg of EGCG & 50mg caffeine) 750 mg *

Glucomannan 500 mg *

7 Keto ®      (7-oxo-DHEA) 100 mg *

* Daily Value (DV) not established.

AND

Thermocin

Guarana Extract (22% caffeine) 750 mg *

Citrus Aurantium Extract
     (4% synephrine) 300 mg *

Green Tea Extract

White Willow Bark Extract
     (15% salacin) 100 mg *

Zingaber Root 60 mg *

Hydroxycitric Acid (50% HCA) 50 mg *

Proprietary Blend 250 mg *
     L-Tyrosine, Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALC), Fisitin,
     Magnesium Phosphate, 2 Dimethylaminoethanol
     (DMAE)*

looks like most supps,your proprietary blend seems quite underdosed to me and the first product is caffeine a purine alkaloid and a cortisol inhibitor at low dose. What makes your products better, most supps contain this stuff and DMAE is not exactly a great fat burner.Ive been hearing about your supps on these boards lately, good luck with your company, hopefully you will respond and give us a reason why your products are better :)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2008, 03:50:12 PM »
  Methyl Ripped, Xenadrine Super Hardcore, and Redline gelcaps.

By the way, A2daMIR, that avatar is great. That guy is such a sac.

Hey Mr. President,

How are those ThermoTabs from Gaspari Nutrition working? I found those at Vitamin Shoppe, marked down to about $16, as you mentioned on another thread. So, I thought I'd give them a try.

I've tried other fat-burners like Rev XP, ThermoShred, and Hydroxycut Hardcore, and I've had some success with them (even without the itchy, overheated feeling I got from ThermoShred).

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2008, 09:09:01 PM »
nitor
Guarana Extract (22% caffeine) 680 mg *

Kola Nut Extract
     (50% caffeine) 200 mg *

Green Tea Extract

Glucomannan 500 mg *

7 Keto ®      (7-oxo-DHEA) 100 mg *

* Daily Value (DV) not established.

AND

Thermocin

Guarana Extract (22% caffeine) 750 mg *

Citrus Aurantium Extract
     (4% synephrine) 300 mg *

Green Tea Extract

White Willow Bark Extract
     (15% salacin) 100 mg *

Zingaber Root 60 mg *

Hydroxycitric Acid (50% HCA) 50 mg *

Proprietary Blend 250 mg *
     L-Tyrosine, Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALC), Fisitin,
     Magnesium Phosphate, 2 Dimethylaminoethanol
     (DMAE)*

looks like most supps,your proprietary blend seems quite underdosed to me and the first product is caffeine a purine alkaloid and a cortisol inhibitor at low dose. What makes your products better, most supps contain this stuff and DMAE is not exactly a great fat burner.Ive been hearing about your supps on these boards lately, good luck with your company, hopefully you will respond and give us a reason why your products are better :)

Well, for one, you might want to take a 2nd look at the dosing.  What you have listed is 1/2 dose for each product.  The dosing of our products is actually one of the major differences along with the fact we don't rename compounds to confuse and we keep things very straightforward for the most part.  Nitor is hands down one of the most potent fat burners on the market and all of its fat burning ingredients are at LAB PROVEN levels at a full dose of the product.  Thermocin is by design a milder product, but still quite effective.
w

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2008, 09:11:09 PM »
 chris whats the total mg per dose on nitor...of all the active ingredients..

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2008, 10:01:14 PM »
chris whats the total mg per dose on nitor...of all the active ingredients..

4,460 mg

To be clear, the total number of mg in any product is only important if said ingredients are effective (which they happen to be in Nitor's case).
w

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2008, 10:02:22 PM »
4,460 mg

To be clear, the total number of mg in any product is only important if said ingredients are effective (which they happen to be in Nitor's case).
i meant of each one.. like,,, mg of casffiene, mg of egcg..ect

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2008, 09:18:04 PM »
fish oil = more the better.. to a degree.  if you can afford to, taking up to 20-25 grams a day is only going to benefit you, more fat loss, and more muscle retention.   

you're wrong, again. not sure why you're still allowed to post on this forum but I'll point something out for you

Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Jun;83(6 Suppl):1467S-1476S.Links
Distribution, interconversion, and dose response of n-3 fatty acids in humans.
Arterburn LM, Hall EB, Oken H.

Martek Biosciences Corporation, Columbia, MD, USA. larterburn@martekbio.com

n-3 Fatty acids have important visual, mental, and cardiovascular health benefits throughout the life cycle. Biodistribution, interconversion, and dose response data are reviewed herein to provide a basis for more rational n-3 dose selections. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is the principal n-3 fatty acid in tissues and is particularly abundant in neural and retinal tissue. Limited storage of the n-3 fatty acids in adipose tissue suggests that a continued dietary supply is needed. A large proportion of dietary alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) is oxidized, and because of limited interconversion of n-3 fatty acids in humans, ALA supplementation does not result in appreciable accumulation of long-chain n-3 fatty acids in plasma. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) but not DHA concentrations in plasma increase in response to dietary EPA. Dietary DHA results in a dose-dependent, saturable increase in plasma DHA concentrations and modest increases in EPA concentrations. Plasma DHA concentrations equilibrate in approximately 1 mo and then remain at steady state throughout supplementation. DHA doses of approximately 2 g/d result in a near maximal plasma response. Both dietary DHA and EPA reduce plasma arachidonic acid concentrations. Tissue contents of DHA and EPA also increase in response to supplementation with these fatty acids. Human milk contents of DHA are dependent on diet, and infant DHA concentrations are determined by their dietary intake of this fatty acid. We conclude that the most predictable way to increase a specific long-chain n-3 fatty acid in plasma, tissues, or human milk is to supplement with the fatty acid of interest.

Studies with fish oils containing both DHA and EPA have
consistently shown increases in both DHA and EPA in plasma
(25, 63, 74–77). Blonk et al (74) performed a dose-response
analysis of supplementation with marine lipids containing a 2:3
ratio of DHA and EPA at doses up to 6 g total long-chain n3
fatty acids per day. The results of this study, depicted graphically
in Figure 5, suggest a near linear increase in plasma EPA concentrations
and an apparent saturable increase in DHA concentrations
after supplementation with the combination of fatty acids.
The apparent DHA saturation dose was 1.2 g/d, which is
considerably lower than when pure DHA is provided and which
suggests a possible displacement with EPA in plasma phospholipids

Notice the bolded section.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2008, 09:20:01 PM »
you're wrong, again. not sure why you're still allowed to post on this forum but I'll point something out for you

The apparent DHA saturation dose was 1.2 g/d, which is
considerably lower than when pure DHA is provided and which
suggests a possible displacement with EPA in plasma phospholipids

Notice the bolded section.

i just said a moment ago in this thread that i wasnt speaking about health effects BRO

and i did say, " TO A DEGREE"
did i not??

take the dick out of your ass and the balls our of your mouth

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2008, 10:10:20 PM »
i just said a moment ago in this thread that i wasnt speaking about health effects BRO

and i did say, " TO A DEGREE"
did i not??

take the dick out of your ass and the balls our of your mouth

Don't get poopy Candi.  Just read the article carefully.  You may notice that it talks about DHA absorbtion ceilings, but doesn't contradict anything you said.  It would be better to point that out to Mike instead of using the 'ol dick 'n scroat retort.

I disagree with taking extreme doses of pretty much anything, but not because of what that article says.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2008, 10:13:40 PM »
Don't get poopy Candi.  Just read the article carefully.  You may notice that it talks about DHA absorbtion ceilings, but doesn't contradict anything you said.  It would be better to point that out to Mike instead of using the 'ol dick 'n scroat retort.

I disagree with taking extreme doses of pretty much anything, but not because of what that article says.
lol "poopy"  ;D

im not gonna waste my time trying to speak intelligently to "methyl mike"..this guy finds my posts everytime he logs in and tries to contradict me..

and  this part " I just said a moment ago in this thread that i wasnt speaking about health effects BRO " was me pointing out that it didnt contradict what i was saying

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2008, 10:59:51 PM »
No worries man.  8)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2008, 01:30:14 AM »
If you're looking to lose fat rapidly, then forget about making gains at the same time.  The best you can do, is just try to maintain as much muscle as possible.

If you've got a lot more time, you can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.  But it's a much, much slower (and much healthier) way to go.

A way which every natural should go btw. You will look much better and make better gains with that.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2008, 07:41:03 AM »
as far as i know the body cannot use protein for energy. it can only use fats or sugars.  and when a meal is conusmed that lacks sugars, the hormonal release(glucagon) signals for the majority of the body's cells to start running on fat, regardless of whether fat is present in the meal or not. now i that state, the glucose(sugar) demand would be oh so tiny. and for THAT tiny fuel demand, the body would either need a small amount of trace carbs or it would have to convert protien into glucose to use for energy.

Sorry, should have clarified what I meant about using protein for fuel.  Much like the way your body will convert fat into ketones for use as fuel; your body can convert amino acids/protein into glucose for use as fuel.  And it can do it from both muscle protein and the protein you eat.  Your body is amazingly adaptive, so if all it's getting is protein, it's going to start using it as fuel...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2008, 07:47:16 AM »
Sorry, should have clarified what I meant about using protein for fuel.  Much like the way your body will convert fat into ketones for use as fuel; your body can convert amino acids/protein into glucose for use as fuel.  And it can do it from both muscle protein and the protein you eat.  Your body is amazingly adaptive, so if all it's getting is protein, it's going to start using it as fuel...
i understand. id be inetrested to see some kind of study on this though... since it seems that a protein based diet wouldnt allow for a majority of energy coming from glucose via glucogensis  from protein because a protein diet would come along with certain hormonal signals that make the body run on fats.. not sugars...

but i understand your point also and it is compelling beccause i do believe that the body can adapt to anything

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2008, 07:50:43 AM »
Go back and read BodyOpus and The Anabolic Diet.  The answers you're looking for are behind the author's reasoning for consuming the majority of the diet's calories from Fat, not Protein.  Actually, go read the original Atkins book, and it promotes the same thing.