Author Topic: RIP Amanda Jo Savell  (Read 16852 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
RIP Amanda Jo Savell
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:26:59 AM »
From Hardbody.com

It’s with great sadness and a heavy heart that I report on this news. IFBB Figure Pro Amanda Jo Savell was found dead this morning along with Dave Jacobs in his residence. It appears to be a murder/suicide but the details are still being gathered. They are reported to have been found around 3:30am this morning. I’ll provide more news as it becomes available. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families. It sends chills down my spine and tears to my eyes to write this.

I’ve been on the phone all morning with those closest to Amanda Jo. Everyone’s story is consistent at this point. The last time anyone heard from Amanda Jo was on Monday night. Her family and friends tried to reach her but there was no response. They contacted the police and filed a missing person’s report as this was unlike her. She hadn’t been to the gym in a couple days and Amanda never missed a workout. When she hadn’t logged onto myspace or been to the gym, friends knew something was wrong. She was preparing to do the Europa Super show, a show which she had won two times before. Amanda was very close to her family and her father’s health had been failing as of late. AJ loved to be on her MYSPACE page. She enjoyed using the “mood” feature on the site and checked her email there several times a day. I had been talking with Amanda about her returning to the stage and we were planning out a photo shoot for the Europa. I’m numb as I write this as she was an amazing woman who I cared about as did many in and out of the fitness industry. She was anxious to return to competition and show everyone how hard she’d been working since the Olympia. We joked about being hungry and how dieting can be challenging.

News is still being collected but it appears her ex-boyfriend Dave Jacobs shot her and then turned the gun on himself. The two were found in his home of Texas. Dave Jacobs has been in the news over a steroid bust and was recently convicted for the incident. Despite friends and family encouraging Amanda to keep her distance from him she fell back into his control several times. Dave’s mentality was one that if he couldn’t have Amanda Jo no one would and at this point it appears he took it to the ultimate extreme.

----

The following story was published on the New York Times Web site.
Steroids Dealer and Girlfriend Found Dead at Home
By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT
Published: June 6, 2008

A convicted steroids dealer who provided documentary evidence and testimony to N.F.L. officials last month that tied several players to the use of performance-enhancing drugs was found dead on Thursday morning at his home in Plano, Texas, the police said.

Jacobs last month in the kitchen he used to make steroids in.

David Jacobs, who was convicted on federal steroid distribution charges last year, began cooperating with N.F.L. officials shortly after he was sentenced to probation in May.

His girlfriend, Amanda Jo Earhart-Savell, 30, was also found dead in the home, the police said.

Early Thursday morning, officers in Plano responded to a caller’s concern about Jacobs. Upon the officers’ arrival at the home, Jacobs and Earhart-Savell were found shot to death.

Jacobs had said he provided two N.F.L. players with steroids and human growth hormone and that they then supplied other N.F.L. players with the banned substances.

The New York Times reported in April that information from the government’s investigation of Jacobs had led federal prosecutors to investigate Matt Lehr, an offensive lineman for the New Orleans Saints, on the suspicion that he distributed performance-enhancing drugs.

Lehr’s lawyer denied that his client ever sold steroids or human growth hormone and said Jacobs fabricated information about Lehr after he refused to pay Jacobs’s legal fees. Jacobs said he never asked Lehr for money.

Telephone and e-mail messages left for Jacobs’s lawyer were not immediately returned Thursday.

The Plano police said the investigation was continuing.

cray2005

• Getbig II
  • FitGems Founder
Re: RIP Amanda Jo Savell
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 12:35:14 PM »
I am deep hurt by this, as everyone else is as well. :(

I can say some very hurtful things right now about Dave, but I'll keep those to myself, as I don't want to darken the mood any more than it already is right now. All we can do as human beings is to honor her career and celebrate her life. I've turned the Amanda Savell group I created with her blessing into a tribute group. Post video, pics, stories, whatever you have that celebrated the good friend and competitor many of us have come to know and love.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tribute_to_amanda_savell

Rest in Peace, Amanda. We will never forget you. :(

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 03:19:12 PM »
I am deep hurt by this, as everyone else is as well. :(

I can say some very hurtful things right now about Dave, but I'll keep those to myself, as I don't want to darken the mood any more than it already is right now. All we can do as human beings is to honor her career and celebrate her life. I've turned the Amanda Savell group I created with her blessing into a tribute group. Post video, pics, stories, whatever you have that celebrated the good friend and competitor many of us have come to know and love.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tribute_to_amanda_savell

Rest in Peace, Amanda. We will never forget you. :(

nah fuck it, Fuck Dave, say the hurtful things, you think he gave a fuck when he shot the poor girl to death. Dont hold back

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 03:34:58 PM »
Three videos that Isaac and I did with Amanda last year.  She will be truly missed.

jennifer1

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.teamworksfigurebikini.com
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 07:18:58 PM »
I am sick over this.  RIP Amanda Jo...

I am gonna miss you!!! 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 09:55:40 PM »
I don't have full details yet but I was informed moments ago that Amanda's funeral is set for SUNDAY in Dallas, Texas. As I receive more information on the arrangements I will pass it along. **Note it is SUNDAY and not MONDAY as previously posted.

If you would like to send flowers or cards to the family you can do so by sending to:

Earhearts
C/O Remember Amanda
3912 Penzance Dr.
Plano, TX 75093
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 04:12:17 AM »
Rest in Peace Amanda. We'll miss you.

Elevate Your Image.™

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 06:17:55 AM »
 :(

Praying for the families and friends
R

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 07:55:30 AM »
That was beautiful Isaac, thank you!
M

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 09:32:47 AM »
Very nice tribute Isaac.  RIP  :(
:)

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 10:05:40 AM »
Wow, this was horrible. She gave so much to this man and the thought that his response was to take her life is beyond comprehension. My heart has been hurting since I was woke up to this news yesterday so I can't fanthom how her and Dave's family must feel. My prayers and thoughts are that God will help them to heal past the pain. Issac thanks so much for that tribute to her. If there is anything you find out her family needs, please post it so we can help.

Barbie :'( :'( :'(

MFITCHICK21

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 11:48:29 AM »
  My heart and prayers go out to all Amandas friends and family. She will will be deeply missed.  :'(

rzzsl

• Getbig I
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 12:09:40 PM »
The death of convicted steroids dealer David Jacobs was ruled a suicide today, according to a preliminary report from the Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office.

Also Online
Story: Steroids dealer David Jacobs' girlfriend's fate tragically sealed
Mr. Jacobs, 35, and his on-again, off-again girlfriend, Amanda Earhart-Savell, 30, a professional fitness competitor, were found shot dead Thursday morning at his Plano home.

The Medical Examiner's initial report shows he died of two self-inflicted gunshot wounds to his stomach and head. The office has not yet determined Ms. Earhart-Savell's cause of death. Their investigation continues.

Plano police also said today they see no conflict of interest in investigating the death of Mr. Jacobs, who publicly accused an officer of stealing from him.

Mr. Jacobs never followed through by filing a formal complaint.

“The Plano Police Department will handle this investigation as we do with all of the others,” Officer Andrae Smith, a Plano police spokesman, said Friday. “The bottom line is there’s no reason to conclude that we shouldn’t investigative this.”

Mr. Jacobs never filed an internal affairs complaint with the department after he claimed an officer swiped $4,500 in cash from his house during an April 2007 raid. Several police agencies, including Plano police and federal agents, were present when the search warrant was executed.

Mr. Jacobs had also said he believed that federal authorities were investigating. But neither federal nor local police agencies have said they are looking into the allegation.

Mr. Jacobs has also said his network had sold steroids to officers in Garland, Richardson, Dallas, Arlington, and Plano, but he had not publicly named names.

Plano police say their investigation into the shootings continues. The department, known for a strict by-the-book approach that minimizes slip-ups in major investigations, has not released many details about the shootings.

“Until the medical examiner makes a ruling on the cause of death, the only thing we’re speaking of is that there were in fact gunshot wounds sustained by both parties,” said Officer Smith. “But we’re not discussing any of the details.”

Several area TV stations have reported that Ms. Earhart-Savell suffered a single gunshot wound, and Mr. Jacobs had two wounds. Police have not confirmed this.

Autopsy results have not yet been released, and police said they could not say whether this was a double murder or a murder-suicide until the medical examiner has ruled.

“Was it a murder-suicide or a homicide? … We don’t want to speculate right now,” said Officer Smith.

An official at the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s office said results of the autopsies may be in by this afternoon, but will be forwarded to the Plano police. The office does not typically publicly comment on cases that are not Dallas County cases.

Police responded to the home after receiving a missing-person call around midnight Wednesday from Ms. Earhart-Savell’s family. The family told police that they had not heard from her and thought that she might be at Mr. Jacobs’ house.

After the bodies were found, Plano police officers wearing masks over their faces were seen entering the house and taking evidence away, some in boxes. Police say they were undercover officers who need to protect their identities because of other work.

People who know the couple say that Mr. Jacobs was jealous and possessive of Ms. Earhart-Savell. Mr. Jacobs had previously told The Dallas Morning News that their nearly yearlong relationship had been marred by allegations of cheating by both of them.

Officer Smith said that the investigation is ongoing, and there are bits and pieces of the case that investigators haven’t shared yet with public information officers. But he added that, to his knowledge, the couple had not threatened each other with harm.

“I don’t have information that leads me to believe that that was a part of this scenario,” said Officer Smith.

In early May, a federal judge sentenced Mr. Jacobs, the one-time ringleader of one of the largest steroids networks in the U.S., to three years of probation for running his international steroids network.

Mr. Jacobs also had recently sat down with NFL investigators and provided them names of players to whom he said he sold performance-enhancing drugs, including ex-Cowboys lineman Matt Lehr. Mr. Jacobs also supplied the league with canceled checks, e-mails, text messages and other evidence, saying he wanted to “clean up” the sport.

Mr. Lehr’s attorney has called Mr. Jacobs’ information unreliable and said his client would not be indicted. Federal investigators will only say that their investigation continues.

Mr. Jacobs also said he sold steroids and growth hormone to other NFL players, but never named them publicly.

Staff Writer Jason Trahan contributed to this report

nikki

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 12:12:40 PM »
RIP babes!

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 12:48:25 PM »
R.I.P. Amanda.. :'(

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 02:39:40 PM »
RIP Amanda...

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 09:33:44 AM »
Ron, Isaac,
Thanks for keeping us up to date. This is just too sad. :'( Can not get it out of mind. My prayers are with the families and friends of both.
Beautiful Tribute Isaac.  RIP Amanda. You will never be forgotton!!!
O

cray2005

• Getbig II
  • FitGems Founder
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 12:57:43 PM »
Here's Amanda on stage at the 2007 Olympia. No one could have predicted that this would be her final time on stage. :(

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 02:57:22 AM »
so so sad. its always sad when someone so young and full of promise dies...but when it happens like its sounding, it just tears at my heart.   :'(

RIP Amanda and may god bless your family and friends who are grieving right now.

this song is playing on her myspace and i think its perfect.

KGM

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 11:26:43 AM »
Here are links to an interview with Amanda and a picture gallery of her.  Very sad end to a young life.

Kevin

http://bodysport.com/profiles/17amandasavell/profile/profile.html

http://bodysport.com/profiles/17amandasavell/gallery/gallery.html

Lena

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 08:00:53 AM »
So sad.......so tragic........R.I.P

Lena