Author Topic: leg training  (Read 11675 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: leg training
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2008, 09:44:54 PM »
So how is that working out for you?

What strength gains have you made in the basic lifts, bench, dead, rows, squats, overhead presses?

How has your body changed size wise? Are you bigger, leaner?

I'm asking because you are constantly saying how you are "on", yet you refuse to show progress pics, and your "log" was a short lived memory.
im a lot stronger but i don give a shit about that

yeah sure my body has changed alot.. i started fat and 190 lbs... i got up to a fat 235 lbs... been dieting for two and a half weeks  and now my body fat % if at 13 % (legit 13 % ) and i am only down to 230..  once i get to about 8 % then ill increase my calories a little , add in dbol, and drop all the cardio..   hopefully get up to 250 10%....then i want to take the winter off and just train naturally till maybe next april? and then ffrom there on out ill probably be on at least a cruising dose for as long as i am still bodybuilding.. which will be untill i am done competing probably about 45 ?

but who really knows? all of this is speculation and what i hope ideally happens...   hell i am doing all i can and just hoping for the bets outcome knowing im giving it 110% every minute every hour every day..

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2008, 09:52:07 PM »
im a lot stronger but i don give a shit about that

yeah sure my body has changed alot.. i started fat and 190 lbs... i got up to a fat 235 lbs... been dieting for two and a half weeks  and now my body fat % if at 13 % (legit 13 % ) and i am only down to 230..  once i get to about 8 % then ill increase my calories a little , add in dbol, and drop all the cardio..   hopefully get up to 250 10%....then i want to take the winter off and just train naturally till maybe next april? and then ffrom there on out ill probably be on at least a cruising dose for as long as i am still bodybuilding.. which will be untill i am done competing probably about 45 ?

but who really knows? all of this is speculation and what i hope ideally happens...   hell i am doing all i can and just hoping for the bets outcome knowing im giving it 110% every minute every hour every day..
So getting to a specific bodyweight is your goal? 250?
How much of that weight/strength do you think you'll lose over the winter?

You didn't answer my ? about your lifts, stronger yes, but how much?

Give me a specific example.......say, deads...how much have your poundages gone up?

What are some specific measurements, before/now.......let's say arms, it's an easy one, how big are they now vs before?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2008, 10:00:38 PM »
So getting to a specific bodyweight is your goal? 250?
How much of that weight/strength do you think you'll lose over the winter?

You didn't answer my ? about your lifts, stronger yes, but how much?

Give me a specific example.......say, deads...how much have your poundages gone up?

What are some specific measurements, before/now.......let's say arms, it's an easy one, how big are they now vs before?
okay well no 1250 lbs bodyweight isn the goal itself, but i think the body that is my goal will probably weigh 250...i have very large bones and joints so in order for me to look 230 i need to weigh 250... but its only really about what i look like in the mirror not what i weigh

well i wouldnt be suprised if i lose everythin over the winter. im not TOO worried about it. of course, i would hate to lose any muscle. BUT, i realize that steroids are pretty much just 'renting" the muscles... i just want to stay lean and keep as much as possible over the break..   ill still train 110% and be spot on with my diet...but everything else is out of my hands..

okay well before i started i benched probably 185 for working sets of 12. now i can easily incline 245 for sets of 10, and im on low carbs low cals. so thats a pretty big strength increase. umm.. most every machine in the gym i have to use the full stack now, and a few i have to pin into the stack an extra quarter. like on seated rows and dips.. got to pin a 25 lb plate into those stacks...    cg bench press is the exact same as bench press... was probably at 185 now i can work with 245...    umm..... my legs have always been damn strong and i am nto sure they are really any stronger only because i rarely ever put them to the test. they are ahead of the rest of my body and even at 14-15% i see the cutz... i guess i am gifted with decent quads...

dude i got no idea about the measurements... i was going to take some for my log but i got too scared  ;D if i had to guess ive added a solid inch and a half to my arms.. the biggest improvement in my whole physique is definitely in my shoulders and back... my shoulders finally start to llook somewhat round and my back is pretty thick, it always had a little width but now its got thickness equal to width

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2008, 10:03:23 PM »
and now my body fat % if at 13 % (legit 13 % ) and i am only down to 230.. 

Why don't you post a pic then ???

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2008, 10:04:29 PM »
Why don't you post a pic then ???
i still look like shit ... i think its because i have large joints...idk..or maybe thick skin.. probably a combo of both...     ive never said i look great and i dont.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2008, 10:07:35 PM »

well i wouldnt be suprised if i lose everythin over the winter. im not TOO worried about it. of course, i would hate to lose any muscle. BUT, i realize that steroids are pretty much just 'renting" the muscles... i just want to stay lean and keep as much as possible over the break..   ill still train 110% and be spot on with my diet...but everything else is out of my hands..

Of course your strength has gone through the roof, but what I wonder is, if you focused on getting stronger on major lifts.......would you hold more mass/strength  when you came off? You know, instead of sets of 10, doing sets of 3-5, working towards building strength first, then using that strength to work towards size.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2008, 10:08:39 PM »
i still look like shit ... i think its because i have large joints...idk..or maybe thick skin.. probably a combo of both...     ive never said i look great and i dont.
It's not about looks, it's about comparing where you are now to the pictures we have seen of you before.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2008, 10:09:34 PM »
Of course your strength has gone through the roof, but what I wonder is, if you focused on getting stronger on major lifts.......would you hold more mass/strength  when you came off? You know, instead of sets of 10, doing sets of 3-5, working towards building strength first, then using that strength to work towards size.

well i do plan on changiong my diet and training when i come off. much more power oriented and more h.i.t style training. and probably do the anabolic diet...because i tried that last fall and it worked pretty good for the short amount of time i did it... just doing anythign and everything i can to hold onto muscle and keep my natty test as high as possible... ill probably run some kind of ai for the majority of the time too

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2008, 10:17:03 PM »

If you're 230 @ 13%, I seriously doubt you look like shit.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2008, 10:17:35 PM »
well i do plan on changiong my diet and training when i come off. much more power oriented and more h.i.t style training. and probably do the anabolic diet...because i tried that last fall and it worked pretty good for the short amount of time i did it... just doing anythign and everything i can to hold onto muscle and keep my natty test as high as possible... ill probably run some kind of ai for the majority of the time too
I'm telling you as a guy who has a hard time naturally putting on and keeping muscle, lift infrequently and heavy when you're off because naturally you need more rest and need to lift heavier.
Squishy face retard

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2008, 10:24:54 PM »
panda , ill be real, i look good compared to everybody else in the gym, but compared to what i want to look like i cant stand my body its fucking disgusting and i cant work hard enough or progress fast enough to change this fucking pile

cap ! yeah dude i am thinking i will do heavy super intense split like this mon upper, wed lower, fri upper, mon lower, wed upper, ect ect.. plus a high fat diet lots of clean calories and lots of rest

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2008, 10:27:16 PM »
panda , ill be real, i look good compared to everybody else in the gym, but compared to what i want to look like i cant stand my body its fucking disgusting and i cant work hard enough or progress fast enough to change this fucking pile

Like I said, if you legit weigh 230 @ 13% and you're not 7 foot tall, you can't look that bad.

I'm curious, what are you hoping to get out of this?  Are you gonna compete?  Are you just a recreational lifter who just wants to get bigger?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2008, 10:27:52 PM »

cap ! yeah dude i am thinking i will do heavy super intense split like this mon upper, wed lower, fri upper, mon lower, wed upper, ect ect.. plus a high fat diet lots of clean calories and lots of rest

Think of it this way dude, Coleman and Jay started with heavy power lifts and look what they did.  They were both football players and Coleman was a powerlifter at first.  You will pack on muscle that will stay and later you do workouts to "refine" that muscle if you want.  Think of yourself as building a statue.  It's easier to work with a big block of marble rather than piecing together a bunch of shards little by little. 
Squishy face retard

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2008, 10:34:10 PM »
Like I said, if you legit weigh 230 @ 13% and you're not 7 foot tall, you can't look that bad.

I'm curious, what are you hoping to get out of this?  Are you gonna compete?  Are you just a recreational lifter who just wants to get bigger?
i think i have voiced this before... but i will repeat..

okay

i dont care about "being big", lets get that out of the way first. i dont give two shits about being intimidating, looking powerful, being manly, or being strong.

simply
i want to create ...err..sounds very cliche..but a piece of art with my body..   being massive is only a bi product of a body that looks good and shapely and aethtic when hitting a twisting rear double bicep, or doing a one hand on the hip, one hand doing a most muscle clench....

what i want to get out of doing this is simply that everyday when i am in front of the mirror posing and hitting shots is that i can look at pride at a physique that i can honestly asses as being aesthetic and pleasing to MINE OWN EYE... something that i can walk around in feeling confident and loving life..

ALSO to a lesser extent, it has somethign t do with me being somewhat of a romantic... a pipedream where there is some kind of perfection out there that one day i will meet... and i think that that female perfection deserves male perfection and i want to be that perfection.. and part of perfectios not only physical but as well as mental and in order to have that i know within myself i need to have that confidence

aaaaaahhhhhhh

i ammaking a huge fool of myself by telling you this.. but i dont mind really.  its nice to be honest

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2008, 06:58:14 AM »
tip from me to you:

nevermind that you are both bigger and FAR stronger with more experience than candi. he will argue that he knows more until he is blue in the face and, coincidentally, will resume doing what he's doing and getting nothing from it. at some point pumpster will back him up and when you argue against him, expect a shitload of ad hominem personal attacks and for your posts to get deleted.

the training board is starting to get hard to get through simply because of a pair of guys with huge egos that think they know everything despite demonstrating nothing.

Yeah, i've already been through the hate filled PM's and deleted posts from Pumpster about a year ago. That is why i never post in here.

I've learned it is quite pointless to argue facts over the internet.

I mean, Candi and Pump have more knowledge of muscles in action than the thousands of intelligent Scientists that have laid the foundation for Anatomy and Kinesiology over the last thousand years...i keep forgetting that!

Now, i'm going to throw my Engineering degree and my MBA in the trash, because obviously they mean nothing. Next time i calculate the Chloramine conversion for a water plant, i'll just "follow my gut" and forget all the Science i learned in school...lol

Take care.

8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2008, 07:25:24 AM »
This arguement pops up often and it seems Candi is always the culprit...lol

Once again, for the 235,876,523th time...The ENTIRE chest works as a unit, you cannot isolate the Upper/lower portion of the chest. you cannot work your "middle" chest...lol

My proof, i studied Kinesiology in college. Time to hit the books and throw out the bodybuilding nonsense.

Good luck.

8)

QFTWT!

the only reason why there are inclines, declines, and flat benches is to give us some variety..that's really it.  Dumbbells add a little more stimulation but if you're lacking stimulation in the pressing movemetns..add more weight.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2008, 07:30:11 AM »
QFTWT!

the only reason why there are inclines, declines, and flat benches is to give us some variety..that's really it.  Dumbbells add a little more stimulation but if you're lacking stimulation in the pressing movemetns..add more weight.

Bingo!

I'm not telling people to not do inclines or anything else, i'm just stating that your entire chest is worked the same, incline, decline, or flat. Changing the angle only changes stress points, it doesn't change fiber recruitment or stimulation enough to be a concern.

8)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2008, 09:22:18 AM »
Small world Overload. Just a little over a year/year and a half ago I got the royal treatment from his Holiness, The Mod. Personal messages with ramblings that seem to come from a crazy man or a heavy drinker. Deleted posts and some that were complety rearranged so that they presented an opposite meaning. Even had the honor of being blocked from posting for 2 week. I amoung many others.

A muscle area always acts as a unit. Any pressing off of and away from the chest  requires the total effort of the chest/pec muscles, acting as that unit. Even dips, which are pressed/pushed down and along side the body, are a wonderfull chest movement.

Changing the angle of the press/push does not reduce the stress on the whole chest area, just the degree of the stress. Just saying that the degree of measured stress can change, as the angle of the exercise can. There is never any muscle isolation of any muscle group.

Inclines may demand more work/stress on the upper portion, so receive that much more tension than the lower portion of the chest area would. In that respect, men who favor that impressive delt/pec tie-in would want to pay more attention in incline presses (prefered with DB's). Men who want a better lower pec line might pay attention to Dips.

And some men can do flat benches and build massive chest, upper and lower. Muscle inserts, joint structure and bone length/structure will have a lot to do with getting results from any pressing style. If people would experiment with different grips, elbow placements and where the bar is lowered upon the chest area the common BP might be the only great chest exercise they would ever need. Good Luck

Side Bar: No big deal but wonder if candidizzle is related to Milo Candini?
F

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2008, 09:30:42 AM »
nah man i didnt even know who that was i just googled it.. some baseball dude from 1917..lol.... candidizzle is just a ghetto-ized version of candidate.. my name is taylor

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2008, 10:18:47 AM »
Don't think too much about it Candid... just do it.
Your looks are a goodie, but not the main thing.