Author Topic: Mike Tyson at his peak Vs Ali at his  (Read 29239 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Mike Tyson at his peak Vs Ali at his
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 09:49:23 AM »
I'm going to call you the " what if guy " hahahahahaha

cee lo " wish I was a little bit taller "  :D
Ah, my stalker is back...what if....what "if" you actually put on some size?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 09:51:42 AM »
Ah, my stalker is back...what if....what "if" you actually put on some size?
no need for it bro...i'm fine..you are the one who is trying to compensate for your shortcomings. :D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 09:52:40 AM »
Tyson would have mopped the floor with Frazier and Forman too. Ali was phenomenal and his skill was extra ordinary but Tyson in his prime would KO the whole lot of them in one hook. The guy was a true tough guy and his punching power was very disturbing. He used to punch holes in walls before his fights to let out some of his nervousness for God sake.

So you are saying since Tyson hit wall and put holes in it (the didn't hit back and had no defense) then he would kill Ali.  I like Mike but Ali had brains, speed and ring savoy.  Mike was a brawler.  If Tyson was so good then why couldn't he beat Holyfield or even come close.  And Ali is way better than Holyfield.  Plus, he couldn't even beat an old friend of mine to get into the Olympics.  Mike was good and very tough but nothing like Ali,

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 09:54:45 AM »
no need for it bro...i'm fine..you are the one who is trying to compensate for your shortcomings. :D
Your fine alright. Go have a nap and dream of what it would be like to actually look good, fucking gypsy.

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 09:56:52 AM »
They were all pussies.  As soon as he met anyone worth a shit, he lost.
Ali fought the best of the best, period.

I guess you d call them all pussies to their face "chainsaw"  ::)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 09:59:50 AM »
So you are saying since Tyson hit wall and put holes in it (the didn't hit back and had no defense) then he would kill Ali.  I like Mike but Ali had brains, speed and ring savoy.  Mike was a brawler.  If Tyson was so good then why couldn't he beat Holyfield or even come close.  And Ali is way better than Holyfield.  Plus, he couldn't even beat an old friend of mine to get into the Olympics.  Mike was good and very tough but nothing like Ali,
I'll re-phrase,

What I meant was Mike Tyson was a nut job and he had the killer mentality. He was a skilled boxer and more then what people give him credit for. Don't forget, when he fought Holyfield and Lewis it was after a 3 year lay off from the sport as he was in prison and had his own personal problems. But watch his early fights before prison. he massacred everything and everyone in his path. He's knocked the shit out of boxers a foot taller then him clear across the ring. Most of his fights were all 1st round ko's.

MoralMan

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 10:01:38 AM »

Onlyme, you ve met a lot of people over the years, strongmen, fighters, etc. WHo would you says the toughest man you ve ever met?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 10:02:10 AM »
Any of you guys ever see Ali fight?

He would have killed Tyson in no time flat.

He took big shots from Frazier,Foreman,Liston,Ken Norton and a slew of other hard puchers,and still beat them............some on several occasions.

Dude was faster than fast,strong,and had unreal handspeed with insane footwork.

Tyson beat a lot of bums in less than a minute early in his career...............lat er when he worked his way up to better opponents,he didn`t look anywhere near as good as he did in his earlier fights.

I thought Tyson was the shit too,but lets be real here............gotta` compare opponents over the careeer and Ali proved himself time and time again against the best.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 10:12:46 AM »
as good as ali was, i dont think anyones beating a early 20's tyson, he was just the total boxer/fighter,,, id even argue he had the faster hands of the two

tyson like most brilliant and tallented people has somthing missing, a few screws loose, same as deago marridonna in football as an example.. u cant compare early tyson with the shell that turned up after prison

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 10:15:53 AM »
as good as ali was, i dont think anyones beating a early 20's tyson, he was just the total boxer/fighter,,, id even argue he had the faster hands of the two

tyson like most brilliant and tallented people has somthing missing, a few screws loose, same as deago marridonna in football as an example.. u cant compare early tyson with the shell that turned up after prison

There is your XFACTOR.  No way Ali gets past that.  No matter how fast, what strategy, taunting, whatever, Tyson was insane and unstopable at the same time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »
Any of you guys ever see Ali fight?

He would have killed Tyson in no time flat.

He took big shots from Frazier,Foreman,Liston,Ken Norton and a slew of other hard puchers,and still beat them............some on several occasions.

Dude was faster than fast,strong,and had unreal handspeed with insane footwork.

Tyson beat a lot of bums in less than a minute early in his career...............lat er when he worked his way up to better opponents,he didn`t look anywhere near as good as he did in his earlier fights.

I thought Tyson was the shit too,but lets be real here............gotta` compare opponents over the careeer and Ali proved himself time and time again against the best.
I dunno Wes...
Ali took shots from Frazier and Forman, but if he tried to rope a dope with Tyson he would be on a stretcher. No one punched like Tyson did.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 10:27:54 AM »
Ali if he could get past the first 4 rounds which he should np

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 10:49:15 AM »
You don't really follow boxing my friend. I'm not a Tyson fan. I enjoy the elegance of the sport. No way, no how Liston, Foreman, and no way Frazier would make it out of two rounds with a 21 year old Mike Tyson. It's not even a debate. Tysons punches were so accurate and absolutely punishing. Look what Iron Mike did to Marvis Frazier!

ahh yeh because Marvis Frazier can be compared to someone like Joe Frazier or George Foreman  ::)

Iron Mike fought in a weak era when he was at his peak, he never fought anyone of the caliber of Holyfield, Lewis, Foreman or Ali.
The only guys he beat who were respectable were Holmes (old) and a scared shitless Spinks.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2008, 10:50:45 AM »
Erm Biggs - olympic gold medalist, Tubbs - very skilled, Tucker - unbeaten at the time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2008, 10:51:44 AM »

ahh yeh because Marvis Frazier can be compared to someone like Joe Frazier or George Foreman  ::)

Iron Mike fought in a weak era when he was at his peak, he never fought anyone of the caliber of Holyfield, Lewis, Foreman or Ali.
The only guys he beat who were respectable were Holmes (old) and a scared shitless Spinks.
Disagree. In Tyson's prime, he would have layed out all the above mentioned on a stretcher and still would have had time for a few beers.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2008, 10:54:21 AM »
Disagree. In Tyson's prime, he would have layed out all the above mentioned on a stretcher and still would have had time for a few beers.

haha yeh sure......
The guy knocks over a few tomato cans and all of a sudden he's god.
The moment someone causes resistance with a good chin its over for Mike, Lewis would wipe the floor with him. Greatest heavyweight of his era

Big L

• Getbig II
  • Know your role & Shut your Mouth
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2008, 10:55:41 AM »
what do you mean he doesnt know what later rounds are he went 12 strong rounds with razor ruddick and was walking threw his jabs and that weird upper cut. he was eating those and kept coming. razor wasnt a push over either he had some serious knock out power to and tyson was walking threw them. hes been in  long fights and if you ask me he wanted them to be long like mitch green fight if he wasnt paying so much attention to robin big ass head he would have not went 12 with him. when tyson engine gets fully going its a WRAP for any man who stands in his way. thats a prime young hungry tyson something to prove tyson. all those guys tried holding jabbing running but he wax all of them. tyson before jail and after is too different tysons. and ESPECIALLY when he sighed with don king. so that later round stuff doesnt mean a thing. like he said they all got plans on how to beat me until i hit them.

Peace!
Give me my Money!!

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 10:58:55 AM »
what do you mean he doesnt know what later rounds are he went 12 strong rounds with razor ruddick and was walking threw his jabs and that weird upper cut. he was eating those and kept coming. razor wasnt a push over either he had some serious knock out power to and tyson was walking threw them. hes been in  long fights and if you ask me he wanted them to be long like mitch green fight if he wasnt paying so much attention to robin big ass head he would have not went 12 with him. when tyson engine gets fully going its a WRAP for any man who stands in his way. thats a prime young hungry tyson something to prove tyson. all those guys tried holding jabbing running but he wax all of them. tyson before jail and after is too different tysons. and ESPECIALLY when he sighed with don king. so that later round stuff doesnt mean a thing. like he said they all got plans on how to beat me until i hit them.

Peace!

lol Lewis knocked out Ruddock in 2 rounds

Again Ruddock or Mitch Green (lol) shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breathe as Lewis, Holyfield, Foreman or Ali.
None of those guys would be knocked out in the first 4 rounds by Tyson, peak or not.

Big L

• Getbig II
  • Know your role & Shut your Mouth
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2008, 11:10:22 AM »
i said tyson before jail is not the same tyson after jail and if he fought lewis before then he would of gotten his jaw swollen to and everybody knows that and the holy one 2
Give me my Money!!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2008, 11:25:56 AM »
i think he could take Tysons best shots.

hahahahahahahahaha - no man alive could take tysons best shots in his prime, and certainly not ali.

as for who would win - ali couldn't even beat parkinsons  ::)

oh and btw any run of the mill ufc guy would beat them both.
175lbs by 31st July

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »
Ali in his prime was when he was still cassius clay. some of those old fights its like art, how he moved ducked punches and threw with lightning speed. Eventhough he wasnt as big as tyson, the speed alone was knocking guys out. But Tyson at his prime, ala Micheal Spinks, with all the ducking, head movement, body work and power was boxing at its best. Its a shame there wasnt better competetion but look at old tyson stuff, just too much for anyone. It would be a good fight, but Ali at his prime wasnt a thinking mans fighter like he was in the rumble down under, he would of been ko'd.
The Number 2 in Scranton

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2008, 11:31:35 AM »
If Ali was fighting today,
he would juice up just like tyson and
Tommy Morrison did, and kick all thier asses
Most are all show no go!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 11:34:27 AM »
i love when they harp on about the young clay, and his speed ,.,,.,,. the punch that never was... only thing that made liston fall over was the huge pay off he got

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »
i love when they harp on about the young clay, and his speed ,.,,.,,. the punch that never was... only thing that made liston fall over was the huge pay off he got
that unfortunately is true too...how big a favorite was he? man that was crooked sports at its all time worst, the didnt think clay would eventually become the fighter he was, so when you look back at it you its easy to say that clay would of won and that it was legit. 
The Number 2 in Scranton

kwri298

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2008, 11:43:02 AM »
Tyson fought nobodies.  He fights Holyfight (who was outside of his prime) and gets destoryed.  Lennox Lewis is the best heavyweight of the era.  I think the questions should be could Ali beat Lennox if they were both in their prime.  I would give the edge to Lewis.