Author Topic: anybody else sick of brett favre?  (Read 3614 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
anybody else sick of brett favre?
« on: July 13, 2008, 07:55:17 PM »
for about 4 years he held the packers hostage during the offseason, not letting them know if he will come back or not and then eventually deciding to return

finally he retires and now he wants back, as if anybody didn't see that coming ::)

he's an overrated douche and the packers should not take him back, you can't quit a job and then decide you want to come back after they already moved on and replaced you

why should they want him back anyways, how many times does he have to throw a playoff game ending interception?

E
E

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: anybody else sick of brett favre?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 08:12:59 PM »
Amen. He lost my respect 2 years ago, when he was pulling that "retirement" bullshit. Now, he's doing it again.

What a fucking drama queen. Seriously. Make up your fucking mind, one way or another, and stick with it.

I don't necessarily agree with the "overrated" remark, but better QB's have left the game without this kind of drama.
HAHA, RON.....

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 08:38:45 PM »

I don't necessarily agree with the "overrated" remark

he's a horrible big game qb

6 int's in the playoffs against the rams in 2002

the terrible overtime int against the eagles in the 04 playoffs

the overtime int against the giants this past year

the super bowl loss to an inferior 13 point underdog broncos team

E

E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 09:02:36 PM »
Yes.  He was great for the game, but I'm really turned off by him acting like a drama queen the past three years. 

body88

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 06:00:17 AM »
He was a great player, but this game he is playing is getting old. he is capable of making the big wow plays, but when it comes down to it, and all the marbles are on the line, most of the time he makes a huge mistake. Like earl said, more often that not, Farve fucks up when it counts the most. His gunslinger attitude is fun to watch, but can bite him in the ass.

Packers have moved on, Brett should learn how to act like one of the best qb's ever. I wonder if he is still addicted to pain killers?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 07:39:00 AM »
Be that as it may, he's still a proven winner. He does have a super bowl ring to show for it, as well as back to back appreances in the big game.

For his entire career, he's definitely not overrated. There are still a shit load of quarterback starved teams that would line up to take him if the Packers were willing to trade him.

The Ravens are one team for sure. I'm sure that's not shocking news to anyone. :-\
We've never had a franchise QB in our entire existence.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 08:15:55 AM »
Brett Favre (minus the superbowl ring) = a healthy Jeff George imo.

Same style, same gun-slinger mentality, same dumb a$$ throws at times b/c they had cannons for arms....difference...... one was able to stay heathly forever and one wasn't.

....that 6 int rams game...brett ought to be ashamed of himself for that one...lol...I'll never forget that game. The throws he tried to complete made absolutely no damn sense at all. None. ...he had one where he wasn't even looking downfield and just gunned it to like 5 rams 0 packer receivers.....lol.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 08:29:33 AM »

Same style, same gun-slinger mentality, same dumb a$$ throws at times b/c they had cannons for arms....difference...... one was able to stay heathly forever and one wasn't.

....that 6 int rams game...brett ought to be ashamed of himself for that one...lol...I'll never forget that game. The throws he tried to complete made absolutely no damn sense at all. None. ...he had one where he wasn't even looking downfield and just gunned it to like 5 rams 0 packer receivers.....lol.

C'mon bro---comparing Jeff George to Brett Favre?? That's laughable. Not even close.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 08:39:11 AM »
C'mon bro---comparing Jeff George to Brett Favre?? That's laughable. Not even close.

yes I know it is laughable..I agree.

But what "really" makes brett favre "great"?.....he def. isn't the most cerebral Qb. His decision making at times is amatuerish. He's a guy that "lasted" and piled up a ton of stats. I really can't take anything away from the guy (yeah I know that sounded dumb I guess since I'm flaming him.) he did what he did, BUT..."he aint all that in my book"

...and he won't be missed. Stay cat fishing brett.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 09:39:56 AM »
Check out this story.  Can you really blame the Packers for not welcoming Favre back after this?

Packers: Sources say Favre reneged on deal to return
By JASON WILDE
608-252-6176
jwilde@madison.com
GREEN BAY — Brett Favre had his chance to come back to the Green Bay Packers at the end of March, but the legendary quarterback reneged on an agreement then to unretire — part of the reason why the Packers aren't now welcoming back the legendary quarterback.

According to two NFL sources, Favre informed the Packers during the annual NFL meetings in late March — less than a month after his tearful March 6 retirement news conference — that he wanted to play again. FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer first reported that information Friday afternoon.

The State Journal's sources along with Glazer's sources said that, at the time, Packers coach Mike McCarthy and general manager Ted Thompson told Favre they would welcome him back, and plans were made for him to return — a colossal commitment to a player who had just publicly said he no longer wanted to play anymore, wiping away tears while saying he didn't have "anything left to give."

In fact, Thompson — he has been criticized publicly by Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, and by members of Favre's family for supposedly not wanting the quarterback back — made the final call on whether the team would welcome Favre's return. Thompson agreed to bring back Favre, even though it meant forcing heir apparent Aaron Rodgers to sit yet another year behind the future Hall of Famer.

The Packers went so far as to charter a plane to Mississippi to finalize the agreement.

But two days before the meeting was set to take place, Favre called and informed McCarthy that he had changed his mind yet again and had decided that he wanted to stay retired.

Burned by the change of heart, the team decided to commit fully to moving on without Favre, the sources said. Rodgers was told the starting job was his, and the Packers drafted a pair of quarterbacks — second-rounder Brian Brohm and seventh-rounder Matt Flynn — as backups. They also began altering the offense to accomodate Rodgers' strengths.

Then, three weeks ago, Favre contacted McCarthy and said he had the "itch" to play again, and the team was cool to the idea. That led to what transpired Friday, when the Packers received a letter from Cook asking for Favre's unconditional release.

. . .

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/packers/295895

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 10:18:48 AM »
Favre still wants to play. But it's going to have to happen with another team. Just trade him to an AFC team and let him do what he wants. The Packers organization are so afraid to be ridiculed by the Green Bay fans and media if they do this. Oh well, the Green Bay faithful will just have to deal with it.

The man still wants to play. let him play. He had one of his finest seasons at age 38 last year. He would make the Vikings an instant Super Bowl contender but he would never get traded within the same division.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 12:59:19 PM »
Favre still wants to play. But it's going to have to happen with another team. Just trade him to an AFC team and let him do what he wants. The Packers organization are so afraid to be ridiculed by the Green Bay fans and media if they do this. Oh well, then Green Bay faithful will just have to deal with it.

The man still wants to play. let him play. He had one of his finest seasons at age 38 last year. He would make the Vikings in instant Super Bool contender but he would never get traded within the same division.

I wish the bears could pick him up... Hell the Pack should let him go to Chi-town. It's not like they would win the SB with him or with out him.. Oh Well it would be cool though..

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 01:14:03 PM »
Madden probably came in his pants when he heard about this.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 05:04:23 PM »
personnaly i hate all these guys who retire then later decide to come back and play again. they go through this whole song and dance of saying goodbye and then a few months later(or year) they come back.
FUCK EM!! if you retire , youre done.

and yes favre is being even more annoying then the rest of these tools who come out of retirement.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 07:53:05 PM »
Madden probably came in his pants when he heard about this.

Yep. Fucking Favre groupie #1.  ::)
HAHA, RON.....

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 08:38:02 PM »
for about 4 years he held the packers hostage during the offseason, not letting them know if he will come back or not and then eventually deciding to return

finally he retires and now he wants back, as if anybody didn't see that coming ::)

he's an overrated douche and the packers should not take him back, you can't quit a job and then decide you want to come back after they already moved on and replaced you

why should they want him back anyways, how many times does he have to throw a playoff game ending interception?

E
spot on.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 09:59:27 PM »
Yep. Fucking Favre groupie #1.  ::)

yeah it makes me sick

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 12:15:32 AM »
yeah it makes me sick

Tell me about it. Worst part is, Madden has to be the worst commentator, he's up there with Shannon Sharpe. Yet that fat, old bastard is raking in the bucks. Annoying guy, can't understand half the shit he says.
HAHA, RON.....

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 02:35:56 AM »

Jeff never made it in the nfl .but gawd damn did he have a friggin cannon. he could make any throw from any foot position. throw across his body to complete an out route on the other side of  the field. never saw anything like it. too bad he wasnt mature when it counted, although he had a few good years in minn. such a talent but couldnt be the qb.

as for Favre, he has been singing the retirement song longer than a few years. more like 4-5 really. he forgets that they drafted rogers because he didnt tell them if he was going to play or not. now its rogers last year on contract and they may lose him next year if they dont give him a chance to start. if the pack knew brett was going to play this long they would have used the rogers pick on someone else. taking back brett would surely cause rogers to seek another team and the pack will be left with brett for one year then have to look for another qb. rogers can play and the pack know that.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 09:18:33 AM »
ya man, i think i he was acting kinda like an ass trying to come back after retiring if i was hes back up id be super pissed.

Anybody see the interview he did on FOX news...I saw bits and pieces and honestly made him seem like more of an ass hole than help...if i were the packers i wouldnt let him go either, and in all honesty if he did come back even as a back up he probably be starting by game 2 or 3.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 02:57:22 PM »
BRETT=PULLING A GANGSTA MOVE...

he is just going to show up at their training camp...damn i wish i was there to see that....

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 07:37:06 PM »
BRETT=PULLING A GANGSTA MOVE...

he is just going to show up at their training camp...damn i wish i was there to see that....
That would be awesome..

but if he did show up, there is no way they could make him a back up. i mean he is better than Rogers still.

its unfortunate that this is happening, Brett deserves better even though..

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 08:28:03 AM »
That would be awesome..

but if he did show up, there is no way they could make him a back up. i mean he is better than Rogers still.

its unfortunate that this is happening, Brett deserves better even though..

thats what im saying...he is pulling the utlimate move by showing up...the whole city is on his side...shit maybe even all the veteran players,

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 02:59:38 PM »
thats what im saying...he is pulling the utlimate move by showing up...the whole city is on his side...shit maybe even all the veteran players,
Its a give and take though. Brett gives them the best chance to win this year, however they will never know what they have with rogers. if brett plays rogers will surely leave next year and the pack will be out looking for another qb in the draft. just a difficult situation for everyone. but Brett deserves better from the franchise. i can see it both ways though.very unique situation.

body88

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 03:04:21 PM »
Its a give and take though. Brett gives them the best chance to win this year, however they will never know what they have with rogers. if brett plays rogers will surely leave next year and the pack will be out looking for another qb in the draft. just a difficult situation for everyone. but Brett deserves better from the franchise. i can see it both ways though.very unique situation.

Maybe, but Brett has also been the one who chocked when it counted most over the last several years. The pack moved on when Brett retired, they made changes, and now it's Rogers time to play. Farve can't keep pulling this bullshit, and a huge chunk of packers fans want him to retire.

They wont need to look for another qb, they drafted Brian Brohm this year.....he was one of the top rated qb's of the draft, and one of the guys taken that will make a good pro. Some thought he was better than Ryan.