Author Topic: Power Cleans.  (Read 13344 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: Power Cleans.
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2008, 01:30:32 PM »
you assume your bigger and stronger.

but thats besides the point

the point is that cleans are not a bodybuilding movement

and they arent because they incorporate too many muscles, and dont allow you to  isolate any one in particular

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2008, 01:32:15 PM »
you assume your bigger and stronger.

but thats besides the point

the point is that cleans are not a bodybuilding movement

and they arent because they incorporate too many muscles, and dont allow you to  isolate any one in particular

I'm going to keep doing them regardless, ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2008, 01:35:24 PM »

"incorporate too many muscles" to be a bodybuilding movement?
LOL, every compound exercise incoporates "too many muscles", you may want to stick to machine movements then.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2008, 01:38:07 PM »
"and dont allow you to isolate anyone in particular"  ;)

capatin, do your thing buddy.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2008, 01:49:06 PM »
"and dont allow you to isolate anyone in particular"  ;)

capatin, do your thing buddy.

So leg extensions are superior to squats, stiff-arm pulldowns beter than rows, flyes over presses, kickbacks over close-grip bench and dips... You make no sense.  It's called "bodybuilding," not "individual-muscle-building."

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
So leg extensions are superior to squats, stiff-arm pulldowns beter than rows, flyes over presses, kickbacks over close-grip bench and dips... You make no sense.  It's called "bodybuilding," not "individual-muscle-building."
>:( You're not questioning the all knowing candidildo are you?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2008, 01:58:03 PM »
if you want my honest opinion, i dont think any moevement is inferior or superior to any other movement. a muscle contraction is a muscle contraction.... to an extent.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2008, 02:00:45 PM »
if you want my honest opinion, i dont think any moevement is inferior or superior to any other movement. a muscle contraction is a muscle contraction.... to an extent.
As long as you don't contract too many muscles at once.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2008, 02:03:58 PM »
lol... do whatever you want to do chaos, im not telling you "do this, do that"..only contributing my opinion...

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2008, 02:06:16 PM »
lol... do whatever you want to do chaos, im not telling you "do this, do that"..only contributing my opinion...

your opinion is a combination of ignorant and incoherent, supported by the fact that we have no reason to think you really know what you're talking about. fact is that cleans are a good addition for any training protocol, if not great for a "main lift". you can make a few arguments against it, but saying that you can isolate muscles on compound movements is 100% incorrect, and you can take a goddamn EMG test if you don't believe it.

kick off the drugs, train clean for a few years, see how far you come. then we'll know how much you actually know what you're talking about.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2008, 02:10:01 PM »
lol... magoo your hilarious..  :D

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2008, 02:18:53 PM »
Interesting read.  I was looking for another article but this should end this debate, it probably won't, but it SHOULD

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_3_23/ai_n13653803
Squishy face retard

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2008, 02:21:54 PM »
no one's arguing that exercises can be made to change the mechanics of it so a given muscle takes the brunt of the work, but to act like you can eliminate your shoulders and triceps from the bench press or your biceps from chins is just dumb.  :-\

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2008, 02:39:09 PM »
no one's arguing that exercises can be made to change the mechanics of it so a given muscle takes the brunt of the work, but to act like you can eliminate your shoulders and triceps from the bench press or your biceps from chins is just dumb.  :-\
acting like i said "eliminate", when i said numerous times that the muscles woul still be involved but that there involvement would be insignificant...well thats just DUMB  :-\

:D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2008, 02:41:38 PM »
well thats just DUMB  :-\

If anyone would know "dumb" it would be you. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2008, 02:46:24 PM »
If anyone would know "dumb" it would be you. ;)
judging by your age +screenname +avatar +online persona combonation..id have to say your quite the genius yourself, chaos !  :D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2008, 03:20:06 PM »
acting like i said "eliminate", when i said numerous times that the muscles woul still be involved but that there involvement would be insignificant...well thats just DUMB  :-\

insignificant involvements = de facto elimination, dopey. you're still completely wrong. ::)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2008, 03:22:26 PM »
insignificant involvements = de facto elimination, dopey. you're still completely wrong. ::)
ahhh, the irony...  ;D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2008, 03:38:34 PM »
ahhh, the irony...  ;D

do you even know what irony MEANS, dude?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2008, 03:41:56 PM »
do you even know what irony MEANS, dude?
uuuuhhhh isnt that like,,,   rain on your wedding day, or a no smoking sign on your ciggaretee break???     :-X

hahhaa

in your case, im using it to laugh at you saying something stupid, then calling me stupid afterwards. its different than whats expected. or is it?? lol.. stupid people never know they are stupid. so i guess it is to be expected. so i guessyour RIGHT, i used ironic improperly !  :D  ( of course, there is an exception to every rule...and i am that exception...because I = stupid person that knows he is stupid !  :D )

hahah

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2008, 04:13:45 PM »
judging by your age +screenname +avatar +online persona combonation..id have to say your quite the genius yourself, chaos !  :D
If you didn't puss out, you would know. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2008, 04:42:11 PM »
the amount of stupid in this thread is so overwhelming i'm honestly wondering why i continue to try and penetrate the thick block of concrete that is candidizzle's skull.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2008, 04:49:21 PM »
I made this post in another thread he was running his trap in........just in case you missed it candidildo......
You're 19........you've gone from fat to thin (with the help of cocaine), now you're juicing........how much time could you have invested in seeing what works or doesn't work for your body? How many times could you have bulked up and leaned out to contest condition? Never, that's how many.

Most bbers try for years before they can figure out what works, yet you seem to know what works for everyone, with a big one year of experience.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2008, 09:33:47 PM »
the amount of stupid in this thread is so overwhelming i'm honestly wondering why i continue to try and penetrate the thick block of concrete that is candidizzle's skull.
one day , if you ever learn how to train like a bodybuilder, you will come back to my posts and think to yoruself.. "holy fuck, dizzle really does know how to train. i guess spending everyday of your youth in a gym kinda does make it like second nature for you.  i wish i would have been less arrogant and actually considered what hhe was saying. i would have been much better off as far as my physique goes. i wouldnt of even of have to told dizzle that i tried his stuff out. "

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2008, 09:43:22 PM »
one day , if you ever learn how to train like a bodybuilder, you will come back to my posts and think to yoruself.. "holy fuck, dizzle really does know how to train. i guess spending everyday of your youth in a gym kinda does make it like second nature for you.  i wish i would have been less arrogant and actually considered what hhe was saying. i would have been much better off as far as my physique goes. i wouldnt of even of have to told dizzle that i tried his stuff out. "

"every day of your youth"? dude, your youth is NOW. you've got, what, two years experience? tops? and you're already on steroids? quit talking like you have a decade of hard experience and a track record of accomplishments.

i've gained roughly 80 pounds since i started lifting five years ago (going from my current weight, in march of 2007 i could have said i gained 130 pounds :P ), and i lost 50 pounds of fat in 2007. the funny part is i didn't use drugs for either of those transitions and i'm still improving without 'em. my videos exist, so you can verify that i bench over my bodyweight for nearly 25 reps, and pulled 515 weighing 218. amazing? no. respectable? i think so.

you got lean and put on some muscle, but nothing remotely stellar. and to top it off before you even hit a size anyone would call "a solid base", you started gear. and now you're acting like you've got this resume that guys like me should envy? that might be the most arrogant thing of all. ::)