Author Topic: Power Cleans.  (Read 13348 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: Power Cleans.
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2008, 10:01:37 PM »
it will be 5 years this august  :-*

drug free i lost 100 lbs of fat and put on 50 lbs of muscle  :-*

:o

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2008, 10:05:52 PM »
it will be 5 years this august  :-*

drug free i lost 100 lbs of fat and put on 50 lbs of muscle  :-*

:o
So when you were a big fat slob on the motorcycle you were working out?

When did you find time to get all coked up?

Are you saying your coke habit had nothing to do with your weight loss?

Of the 50 lbs you've put back on, how  much of it is attributed to steroids?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2008, 10:08:03 PM »
i did that drug free. i only lost muscle on coke. and that incident was FATER i had lost all the fat. i built 50 lbs of muscle without drugs.  while losing 100 lbs of fat.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2008, 10:17:19 PM »
i did that drug free. i only lost muscle on coke. and that incident was FATER i had lost all the fat. i built 50 lbs of muscle without drugs.  while losing 100 lbs of fat.
Does this make sense to you?

You're 19 right? So you've been working out since you were 14? That means you've lost 100lbs of "fat" and gained 50 lbs of "muscle" since you were 14, drug free for all occasion? And you believe that you coke habit only cost you more muscle mass?

How much muscle do you think you could have put on if not for the coke?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2008, 07:15:29 AM »
point is, candypants, if you're legit then we've been lifting for the same time frame, both drug free. you had a coke problem that sent you into rehab, i had a drinking problem that kept me out of the gym for months, stripped me of half  my size, and put me in the hospital. so we're talking the same time frame, each abbreviated by a substance abuse issue.

now the question becomes what is it about where you got prior to steroids that justifies your claim that i would be best served by bowing to your supremacy. your pre-drug pictures show, honestly, nothing beyond "pretty good". some bicep size, that's about it. i've never claimed anything beyond "okay" myself, and both my lifting videos and pictures prove i'm no bullshitter about any numbers.

so take a moment and re-evaluate this adorable little rivalry you've formed with me.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2008, 01:33:44 PM »
In a pseudo-attempt to swing back on topic, I am curious how someone who does high pulls in his workout (wide-grip upright rows) can say cleans are worthless for bodybuilding, since a power clean is essentially the same thing with a catch at the top.  There may be a little difference in muscle recruitment, but "not significant."

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2008, 01:41:25 PM »
In a pseudo-attempt to swing back on topic, I am curious how someone who does high pulls in his workout (wide-grip upright rows) can say cleans are worthless for bodybuilding, since a power clean is essentially the same thing with a catch at the top.  There may be a little difference in muscle recruitment, but "not significant."
upright rows are all shoulders. some guys do it wrong and hit the traps too. but upright row is basically isolation of the delts. 

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2008, 01:51:56 PM »
upright rows are all shoulders. some guys do it wrong and hit the traps too. but upright row is basically isolation of the delts. 

A traditional upright row with a 6-8 inch hand spacing, bringing the bar up past the chest, has to hit the traps.  The traps are responsible for elevating the elbow past the shoulder.  No ifs ands or buts about it.  Even a wide grip, unless your form is beyond textbook, will hit the middle and lower traps as you'll have a tendency to bring the scapula together.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2008, 01:52:52 PM »
according to you i am a genetic mutant because my traps dont get any work fro upright rows.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2008, 01:55:34 PM »
according to you i am a genetic mutant because my traps dont get any work fro upright rows.

No, according to any basic kineseology textbook that has ever been written, you are wrong.  Prove to me that the trapezius is not responsible for elevating the elbow beyond the level of the shoulder.  Hint - just because you don't feel it as much as the primary muscle group doesn't mean it's not working.  I highly doubt that your abs get sore from doing upright rows but they're working too.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2008, 01:56:59 PM »
i guess my finger muscles get a workout from hack squats too. im sure they are "contracting" during the movement.   ::)

do it correctly you wont have your traps be involved.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2008, 01:59:56 PM »
i guess my finger muscles get a workout from hack squats too. im sure they are "contracting" during the movement.   ::)

do it correctly you wont have your traps be involved.

this is basic kinesiology, as Zach said. you are 100%, irrefutably wrong. the trapezius WILL contract. period. they might not be the prime mover, but they DO contract.

by the way, where's that video of your 185 pound perfect-form upright row? or are you still worried that you're "too big" and people will make comments about it? ::)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2008, 02:02:01 PM »
this is basic kinesiology, as Zach said. you are 100%, irrefutably wrong. the trapezius WILL contract. period. they might not be the prime mover, but they DO contract.

by the way, where's that video of your 185 pound perfect-form upright row? or are you still worried that you're "too big" and people will make comments about it? ::)
im worried you might masterbate to it, fagggg  :o

maybe you should train with somebody who ha good shoulders and ask them to show you how to properly do upright rows. your traps wont get exhausted to any measurable degree. totally insignificant when done properly.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2008, 06:11:16 PM »
LOL, candidildo gets butchered and he still doesn't "get it"........oh, well. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2008, 08:13:46 PM »
its funny ...you guys are getting so angry..everything i say on this trainingboard is what you would hear from any bodybuilder or trainer of bodybuilders...any top pro or any top trainer...

i never posted on this board because i have always had training down pat... its simple..i thought there was no confusion amongst people here how to train..

then i come to this board and see the advice being given..the shit being spouted....lol oh man...

you guys dont know shit   :D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2008, 08:42:57 PM »
its funny ...you guys are getting so angry..everything i say on this trainingboard is what you would hear from any bodybuilder or trainer of bodybuilders...any top pro or any top trainer...

i never posted on this board because i have always had training down pat... its simple..i thought there was no confusion amongst people here how to train..

then i come to this board and see the advice being given..the shit being spouted....lol oh man...

you guys dont know shit   :D
Isn't it ironic..........don't you think? :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2008, 08:53:46 PM »
im worried you might masterbate to it, fagggg  :o

maybe you should train with somebody who ha good shoulders and ask them to show you how to properly do upright rows. your traps wont get exhausted to any measurable degree. totally insignificant when done properly.

funny thing is, 99% of the people i know with great shoulders say the key is "presses, presses, presses", and the only one who does upright rows regularly does it when he doesn't really feel like doing shrugs. hm.

Isn't it ironic..........don't you think? :-\

sad, pitiful, yes. all that good stuff.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2008, 08:55:26 PM »
i wouldnt expect any more from magoo...lol...... but chaos you train at the k,,, along with pro bodybuilders and th most knowledgeable milos sarcev... you have to know this stuff...

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2008, 08:59:01 PM »
i wouldnt expect any more from magoo...lol...... but chaos you train at the k,,, along with pro bodybuilders and th most knowledgeable milos sarcev... you have to know this stuff...

::)

candi, you're scraping pathetically at this point. you're reaching. it's sad. back off and admit you're wrong. you're in a grave and digging deeper. remember that 90% of this argument is not what you're saying (though you ARE wrong), it's that when proven wrong you start saying "fagggg" and acting like a five year old.

deal with it. you said something dumb. man up, move on.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2008, 09:03:55 PM »
Your own statement should tell you something.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2008, 09:04:09 PM »
lol. dude. there really isnt even an argument here in this thread. its going from subject to subject ...     just like everythread where i contribute and you and your "crew" come in and get mad because the training board is supposed to yoru turf...lol...

like i said before

what i post in this forum is what youll hear from every top bodybuilder and every top bodybuilding caoch

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2008, 09:12:12 PM »
the thread didn't change.

when asked about cleans, you claimed they're bad because they use too many muscles. when confronted with the fact that a heavy upright row is basically a clean without catching it on the shoulders, you made the bizarre assertion that you're upright rowing 185 strictly without using your traps (or "effectively removing" them, whatever), which is a physical impossibility. then, you started calling me a fag and throwing out various personal attacks.

no change, just the fact that your arguments make no sense and you constantly contradict yourself. such as the addition of you saying that you isolate muscles, but you like rack pulls. no wait, smith pulls, because you make smith pulls the same as rack pulls. except that ALSO uses most of the muscles of the body, which again flies in the face of what you said before.

chaos and i have had a cohesive and consistent standpoint, you've been flopping around like a fish in the sand and having a temper tantrum. accept it, move on. and i'm done with this thread.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2008, 09:13:48 PM »
if thats what you get out of this thread, then youve got to get a more third person view point dude.

you probably dont thnk your feces smells at all, do you?? yeah, your that type of guy; i know it.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2008, 09:20:43 PM »
if thats what you get out of this thread, then youve got to get a more third person view point dude.

you probably dont thnk your feces smells at all, do you?? yeah, your that type of guy; i know it.
LOL........you just don't get it. You'll always be small and weak. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2008, 10:12:09 PM »

you guys dont know shit   :D

Interesting that all of these people seem to disagree with you:
http://www.acefitness.org/getfit/exercise_display.aspx?itemid=416
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?Name=upright+barbell+row
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/exercises/upright-row.html
http://www.coopersguns.com/videos/exercise-encyclopedia/traps/cable-upright-row/
http://www.flexonline.com/training/86
http://www.flexonline.com/training/93