Author Topic: Zogby Poll: Obama Strongest With Powell as VP  (Read 609 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Zogby Poll: Obama Strongest With Powell as VP
« on: July 19, 2008, 12:47:08 PM »
Although I'd like to see Powell as McCain's VP, I would actually feel better about Obama if he had Powell on his ticket. 

Zogby Poll: Obama Strongest With Powell as VP

Saturday, July 19, 2008 9:36 AM

By: Newsmax Staff 

As the Presidential candidates ponder potential running mates, a new Zogby International telephone poll shows many voters would be more inclined to vote for Democratic Sen. Barack Obama if he were to select retired four-star general and former Secretary of State Colin Powell as his running-mate.

If Obama were to choose Powell, 42% of likely voters nationwide said it would make them more likely to support the Democratic candidate - as did 42% of Democrats and 43% of political independents.

The Zogby International telephone poll of 1,039 likely voters nationwide was conducted July 9-13, 2008, and asked respondents how the selection of certain vice presidential candidates would affect their likelihood to vote for the two leading presidential candidates. It carries a margin of error of +/- 3.1 percentage points.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Zogby_Obama_powell/2008/07/19/114378.html

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Zogby Poll: Obama Strongest With Powell as VP
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 12:54:14 PM »
When are you guys going to leave Powell alone and let him remain retired from politics?  :-\ The man has never had to run for office and has no desire to do so.
!