Author Topic: Yanks sweep A's, Sox get SWEPT by Angels.  (Read 7801 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Yanks sweep A's, Sox get SWEPT by Angels.
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 07:38:55 AM »
It's a good acquisition, but if they don't re-sign him or win the WS, losing Kotchman for a half season of Teixeria is a pretty big price to pay.

My guess is that they'll fork over what he's looking for. Seems like the Angels are tired of playing second fiddle to the other big boys in the AL.

He's a Boras client and early rumblings are saying he's going to be looking for 10 years, $230 million or so.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 08:39:35 AM »
My guess is that they'll fork over what he's looking for. Seems like the Angels are tired of playing second fiddle to the other big boys in the AL.

He's a Boras client and early rumblings are saying he's going to be looking for 10 years, $230 million or so.

Yeah, I've heard that as well.  Seems way to much to me. 

The next few days should be interesting.  I'm hoping Cashman has another ninja-like trade that we haven't heard about, but I'm not counting on it.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 08:56:17 AM »
I'll tell you what's interesting. How about the lowly Orioles putting the smack down on the Yankees the last two games??

The O's put up 20 runs aginst Yankee pitching the last two games. Meanwhile, they Yanks are losing golden opportunites to gain ground on the Bosox and Devil rays.

The O's have tremendous balance in their offensive lineup. They just have no quality starting pitching. If they did...look out. There isn't a hotter hitter in baseball right now than Aubrey Huff.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 09:07:57 AM »
I'll tell you what's interesting. How about the lowly Orioles putting the smack down on the Yankees the last two games??

The O's put up 20 runs aginst Yankee pitching the last two games. Meanwhile, they Yanks are losing golden opportunites to gain ground on the Bosox and Devil rays.

The O's have tremendous balance in their offensive lineup. They just have no quality starting pitching. If they did...look out. There isn't a hotter hitter in baseball right now than Aubrey Huff.

Yankees had won 14 of their last 18 heading into the series, so I expected them to regress somewhat.  That said, the Yankees gave away the game last night on multiple occasions.

The O's will never put it together until they get new ownership.   They're like Texas - it seems every year it's the same story - always in need of arms.

It's a shame, they have this beautiful ballpark and keep filling the field with crap, and the stands with even more crap when the sox come to town.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 09:25:59 AM »
Yankees had won 14 of their last 18 heading into the series, so I expected them to regress somewhat.  That said, the Yankees gave away the game last night on multiple occasions.

The O's will never put it together until they get new ownership.   They're like Texas - it seems every year it's the same story - always in need of arms.

It's a shame, they have this beautiful ballpark and keep filling the field with crap, and the stands with even more crap when the sox come to town.

Agree with you on all counts except one thing...the Orioles are the one that almost gave the game away. They were leading by 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th until their closer gave up three. They had control of that game until that point.

As far as Owner's management goes....yeah, Angelos does suck as an owner but I think he's starting to break ground and change his approach to spending money for talent. The O's starting lineup are all under contract for another couple of years. They need to spend money on veteran starting pitching to turn the corner. The city of Baltimore deserves it, especially when you consider the rich history and success this team enjoyed in the 70's, 80's, and mid 90's.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 09:46:26 AM »
[quote author=Grape Ape link=topic=225003.msg3180947#msg3180947 date=1217434077

[/quote]

I went to Camden yards when it first opened and it's a great place to watch a game.
remember when every game there was a sellout :-[

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 09:52:26 AM »
Wasn't Body88 just telling us a few weeks ago that Boston was the best team in baseball. How many have they lost to the Angels in the last month now?  ::)

With Teixeria the Angels are going to be scary good.

I'm going to see the enemy on the 16 >:(
can't say no the tickets are field level right behind home.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 09:54:56 AM »
[quote author=Grape Ape link=topic=225003.msg3180947#msg3180947 date=1217434077

I went to Camden yards when it first opened and it's a great place to watch a game.
remember when every game there was a sellout :-[

Ugh. And so the futility continues. I'm starting to think that I will never see the Orioles become playoff team while I'm still alive. I'm only 34 years old to.  :'(

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 10:07:44 AM »
Ugh. And so the futility continues. I'm starting to think that I will never see the Orioles become playoff team while I'm still alive. I'm only 34 years old to.  :'(

I didn't do any analysis, but I thought the haul they got for Bedard was supposed to be pretty damn good.  That might help.

They have solid bats in the middle of the order + a good lead off guy.  I like what Guthrie's doing this year.  It seems to me a few smart moves will get them right in the mix.

But they'll probably end up getting Tejada or someone else like that.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2008, 10:26:31 AM »
Yanks up 3-1:)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 10:28:02 AM »
I didn't do any analysis, but I thought the haul they got for Bedard was supposed to be pretty damn good.  That might help.
They have solid bats in the middle of the order + a good lead off guy.  I like what Guthrie's doing this year.  It seems to me a few smart moves will get them right in the mix.

But they'll probably end up getting Tejada or someone else like that.

Correct. The Orioles received 22 year old Seattle prospect CF Adam Jones in the trade for Bedard. This kid has star written all over him. That grand slam he hit against the Yankees Monday night was awesome. They absolutely have to lock up him Jones and Nick Markakis to long term deals. Those guys are the future for the Orioles.

Guthrie is nearly always solid. It seems that everytime he pitches, he gets no run support. Cabrera has a lot of talent but only pitches well against top tier competition. He gets rattled so easy to. He needs to mature in a big way.

Simply put, they have talented pitchers but they are short on experience and poise. They give up a ton of walks also.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2008, 01:13:08 PM »
The Orioles have fans? Holy shit!

Body88's been pretty quiet considering he was popping his mouth off about the Sox being the best team in baseball right before the Angels swept them a month ago. Looks like they bounced back and showed the world who was really better in this series....oh wait.

Sup Lackey!!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2008, 01:42:31 PM »

The next few days should be interesting.  I'm hoping Cashman has another ninja-like trade that we haven't heard about, but I'm not counting on it.

Ninja strikes again.  Pudge Rodriguez for Farnsworth.

The addition of Marte makes Farnsworth expendable.  Pudge costs no prospects, improves the lineup, and is gone at the end of the year.

Great move.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 07:51:12 AM »

The addition of Marte makes Farnsworth expendable.  Pudge costs no prospects, improves the lineup, and is gone at the end of the year.

Great move.

1 more starter and I'll be happy.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2008, 08:04:01 AM »

1 more starter and I'll be happy.

Is our ninja continuing to work on one more move? 

Who knows.  Seattle's asking for ridiculous returns on Washburn (who I don't want anyway).  Then again, the trade that happens with the Yankees always seems to be the one we don't hear about.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2008, 08:23:07 AM »
Is our ninja continuing to work on one more move? 

Who knows.  Seattle's asking for ridiculous returns on Washburn (who I don't want anyway).  Then again, the trade that happens with the Yankees always seems to be the one we don't hear about.

;D
Washburn is a gamer.I wouldn't mind him plus there is no one else out there.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2008, 08:44:24 AM »

;D
Washburn is a gamer.I wouldn't mind him plus there is no one else out there.

I don't have a problem with him as a #5 this year, but I don't know where they'd put him next year.  Plus, there's a chance of Wang and Hughes returning in Sept.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2008, 09:12:41 AM »
I don't have a problem with him as a #5 this year, but I don't know where they'd put him next year.  Plus, there's a chance of Wang and Hughes returning in Sept.

Worry about them when the time comes.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2008, 10:05:28 AM »

Great move.

Great move but the what the fuck are the Tigers thinking trading straight up for Farnsworth? No prospects? Who's dick did Cashman suck to pull that lopsided deal?

Great move for the Yanks. They just need Pudge to manage a game, they don't need his bat. Besides, ever since he got off steroids he can barely hit the long ball anymore.

2000-2004 Pudge---215lbs of enchanced chemical muscle and averging 20+ dingers a year.

2008 version---190lbs and looking like he caught HIV.

body88

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2008, 10:26:56 AM »
Jason Bay to Boston!?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2008, 11:23:18 AM »
Jason Bay to Boston!?

Sounds too good to be true.   Good move for the sox if it happens.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2008, 11:26:34 AM »
Great move but the what the fuck are the Tigers thinking trading straight up for Farnsworth? No prospects? Who's dick did Cashman suck to pull that lopsided deal?

Great move for the Yanks. They just need Pudge to manage a game, they don't need his bat. Besides, ever since he got off steroids he can barely hit the long ball anymore.

2000-2004 Pudge---215lbs of enchanced chemical muscle and averging 20+ dingers a year.

2008 version---190lbs and looking like he caught HIV.

Yeah, the Yanks got lucky not having to deal prospects.  Apparently, Pudge himself approach his GM about going there, as he was unhappy that Inge was seeing more and more playing time.  I also read that Boras tried to demand compensation for Rodriquez to waive his NTC, but I-Rod got on the phone and told him to back off.

Yes, Pudge is nowhere near what he was when he was on the gas, but I'll take his 101 OPS+ over Molina's 51 OPS + any day of the week.  Plus, he's gone at the end of the year.

Molina is a superb back up catcher.  His offense gets exposed quickly when he plays every day.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2008, 11:49:00 AM »
Yeah, the Yanks got lucky not having to deal prospects.  Apparently, Pudge himself approach his GM about going there, as he was unhappy that Inge was seeing more and more playing time.  I also read that Boras tried to demand compensation for Rodriquez to waive his NTC, but I-Rod got on the phone and told him to back off.

Yes, Pudge is nowhere near what he was when he was on the gas, but I'll take his 101 OPS+ over Molina's 51 OPS + any day of the week.  Plus, he's gone at the end of the year.

Molina is a superb back up catcher.  His offense gets exposed quickly when he plays every day.

Pudge and Posada are about the same age with the same amount of wear and tear. No chance the Yanks hang onto Pudge after this year? What if he has a strong finish to the season and the Yanks make the playoffs? We're talking about a future hall of famer and a six time gold glover.

Something to think about.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2008, 12:24:37 PM »
Pudge and Posada are about the same age with the same amount of wear and tear. No chance the Yanks hang onto Pudge after this year? What if he has a strong finish to the season and the Yanks make the playoffs? We're talking about a future hall of famer and a six time gold glover.

Something to think about.

I hear you, but Posada definitely wants to catch, and I don't think Pudge would accept being his backup.

Yanks still have 3 years left on Posada's contract, so, despite being nowhere near the defensive catcher Rodriquez is, they're going with him.

They could transition him to 1b, but I don't think they want to.
Y

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2008, 12:41:50 PM »
Typical NY whiner.....Living in the past, and unable to accept the fact the city of Boston has seven titles in the last 8 years, and the mighty city of NY has 1  ::)

LA has a few...
lakers with 3,usc football 1.5, ducks1 and angels1.  ;D