Author Topic: Yanks sweep A's, Sox get SWEPT by Angels.  (Read 7796 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Yanks sweep A's, Sox get SWEPT by Angels.
« on: July 21, 2008, 06:52:23 AM »
Angel's are probably the best team in the AL. Looks like Boston's settling into their trademark July collapse quite nicely this year!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Yanks sweep A's, Sox get SWEPT by Angels.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 08:29:01 PM »
Yanks are playing well. 8)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 12:01:38 PM »
Looks like Body88's avoiding the fact that the Yanks are 3 back, without their ace pitcher and a host of injuries.  :D

body88

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 12:07:18 PM »
Why would I play your game? I have been right about every prodiction I made, and you have been wrong about all the predictions you made.

Lets look at your 2007 predictions :

I said the Celtics would win a title - You said they have no chance, and that they where to old.

I said the Red Sox would win a title, and there pitching would do it for them - You said they have no chance, and the Yankees pitching would win them a title (ha-ha). What won the sox a title last year?PITCHING!

I said the Patriots would be the best team in the AFC last year - You said they would be the fourth best team in the AFC. The chargers would win the sb, and own the league for the next three years. The pats where literally the best team in history last year, went 16 -0 and where by far the best team in the NFL during the regular season. However, they didn't win the sb, but you claimed your own g men where "a bad team", so even you didn't believe they would win a title.

I'm not going to get into flame wars with you, its boring. The sox are only a half game out of first place, and Ortiz comes back tonight. The yankees turned it on in the second half of last year to, and then they failed at the end of the year. Same will happen this year : )

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 12:09:14 PM »
Hold on. What happened to the Pats? LOL, got WRECKED. Congratulations on those other picks? Boston barely got into the NBA finals (almost losing to the HAWKS) and had the pleasure of playing a Lakers team that matched up awfully.

While you're still sucking Boston dick, anyone with two eyes can see that they just aren't very good, as usual.

But hey, keep getting swept by the Angels and Devil Rays. No one's crying over here about that.  :D

It is funny that not even two weeks ago you were tooting Boston's horn for being the best team in baseball, and they followed that up by getting swept by the Angels.

body88

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 12:12:15 PM »
Hold on. What happened to the Pats? LOL, got WRECKED. Congratulations on those other picks? Boston barely got into the NBA finals (almost losing to the HAWKS) and had the pleasure of playing a Lakers team that matched up awfully.

While you're still sucking Boston dick, anyone with two eyes can see that they just aren't very good, as usual.

But hey, keep getting swept by the Angels and Devil Rays. No one's crying over here about that.  :D

It is funny that not even two weeks ago you were tooting Boston's horn for being the best team in baseball, and they followed that up by getting swept by the Angels.

Bro, you where dead wrong.... I was right, no matter how you slice it. I said the Celtics would win a title, the sox would win a title, and the pats would be the best team in the AFC. You said the opposite, and you where wrong on all counts, as usual!

You gotta grow up man, are you really still into this type of shit?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 12:18:09 PM »
Bro, you where dead wrong.... I was right, no matter how you slice it. I said the Celtics would win a title, the sox would win a title, and the pats would be the best team in the AFC. You said the opposite, and you where wrong on all counts, as usual!

You gotta grow up man, are you really still into this type of shit?

Wow, you predicted a team that went out and traded for 2 of the best players at their position would win the NBA title? Holy shit, congratulations! I mean, you and the other 10 million people who said the same thing must've been making predictions from the heavens. Funny how you were talking about how you didn't the Celtics would make it out of the east and that they didn't deserve to win the title. Interesting how you "knew it all along" after they won.  :D

body88

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 02:29:03 PM »

Wow, you predicted a team that went out and traded for 2 of the best players at their position would win the NBA title? Holy shit, congratulations! I mean, you and the other 10 million people who said the same thing must've been making predictions from the heavens. Funny how you were talking about how you didn't the Celtics would make it out of the east and that they didn't deserve to win the title. Interesting how you "knew it all along" after they won.  :D

Blah - blah - blah..... I said if they kept playing the way they did vs Atlanta they wouldn't deserve to win the title. I called that they would win the title at the start of the laker's series, and I said the same thing when the playoffs started. Just accept it, your excuses are just that. Boston has 7 titles in the last 8 years, NY has one. Your not even from New York, so its a moot point!

Remember when I told you Boston would win a title based on their pitching, and you went on a tirade about how new Yorks pitching would win them a title, and Boston sucked? Haha, how did that turn out.

Yankees wont do shit in the playoffs - deal.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 04:31:33 PM »
Weren't you the guy proclaiming the Pats to be the greatest team ever assembled? How did their season turn out?

Ahh yes, the last 8 years have been glorious for Boston sports. Minus the Celtics run, the last 108 have been pretty shiteous. I mean, you don't really want to start comparing Red Sox titles to Yankees titles do you?

All that really matters to me is that the Giants (14 point underdogs) decimated and ruined what was supposed to be THE greatest season ever undertaken by a professional sports team. Never will the Pats get a shot at 18-0 again. Ever. In reality, football is the only sport that matters. And the G-Men are the KINGS.  :D

Why are you getting so bent out of shape anyway? Last week you were talking shit about the Yankees being 6+ back. Now, without Wang, a host of injuries and shaky hitting, they're 3 back on a Boston team that should be playing fine. I hope D-Rays take the WC when the Yanks win the division.

Congratulations Anaheim on sweeping the Sox, just like Tampa Bay and co.!

body88

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 05:48:10 PM »
Typical NY whiner.....Living in the past, and unable to accept the fact the city of Boston has seven titles in the last 8 years, and the mighty city of NY has 1  ::)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 06:03:43 PM »
The more interesting question is going to be whether Manny gets on the field tomorrow or if his "annual July/August nagging injury" keeps him out of a big series.

I've always liked Manny, but this year there's an edge.  Between belting Youkilis and the traveling secretary, and some of his comments he's made recently, all is not right in Manny-land.
Y

body88

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 06:50:29 PM »
The more interesting question is going to be whether Manny gets on the field tomorrow or if his "annual July/August nagging injury" keeps him out of a big series.

I've always liked Manny, but this year there's an edge.  Between belting Youkilis and the traveling secretary, and some of his comments he's made recently, all is not right in Manny-land.

He dissed the owners of the team also...Haha, Manny is insane...might be time to trade him. Ortiz comes back this weekend.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 08:40:41 PM »

He dissed the owners of the team also...Haha, Manny is insane...might be time to trade him. Ortiz comes back this weekend.

I've thought about this, but they'll never get immediate production in return.  The only one I can think who may really want him would be the Mets, but they wouldn't be looking to lose a good bat/pitcher in return.  It would have to be for prospects, and Boston can't afford to do that to the lineup for the second half.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 06:01:51 AM »
I really would like to see the Yanks pick up some help for the stretch.
I always like Xavier Nady when he was on the Mets and now he's playing well for the Pirates.a lefty in the bullpen,a starter?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 06:36:43 AM »
I really would like to see the Yanks pick up some help for the stretch.
I always like Xavier Nady when he was on the Mets and now he's playing well for the Pirates.a lefty in the bullpen,a starter?

The Yankees were going to use the first 9-10 games after the ASB to evaluate their position, and since they won the first 6 I'm going to assume they're going to look for help instead of trying to deal away players.

Nady's a good choice if the price is right, so is Jason Bay.

I like the idea of a lefty in the bullpen, but the bullpen's been very good, so a lefty would not be a priority to me.  And I wouldn't give up a good prospect for bullpen help.

I would say that they need a decent SP, then a bat, then maybe the lefty bullpen help.  By decent, I mean someone to replace Rasner.  We can get by with a scrub #5, but a scrub 4 and 5 will make August a tough month.

If, by miracle, they can pry Burnett or Bedard away, that would be amazing.  If not, it may be a Freddy Garcia type.  Also, believe it or not, Pavano might pitch.

I will say, though, if they trade for Jarrod Washburn, I will go down to NY and fight Brian Cashman.

Y

body88

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 09:20:28 AM »
I've thought about this, but they'll never get immediate production in return.  The only one I can think who may really want him would be the Mets, but they wouldn't be looking to lose a good bat/pitcher in return.  It would have to be for prospects, and Boston can't afford to do that to the lineup for the second half.

Texas would take him, for whats his name>?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 10:10:45 AM »
Texas would take him, for whats his name>?

Not sure who you mean.

I would think Texas needs pitching - did you hear something?
Y

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 11:09:34 AM »

Just in case you forgot, Body.  ;)

So Boston finally winning some titles after DECADES of doing nothing still won't negate the fact that the glory boy Patriots had their dreams crushed by yet another New York team. It seems we excel at besting Boston in nearly everything.

Unless, of course, you want to talk about the Red Sox winning two world series over the course of the last 100 years as the equivalent of winning over two dozen.  ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 08:16:54 PM »

Nice call dude!

Nady and Marte for Tabata, Ohlendorf, Coke, Kontos.

Good move for the Yankees.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 05:31:26 PM »
Nice call dude!

Nady and Marte for Tabata, Ohlendorf, Coke, Kontos.

Good move for the Yankees.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Go Yanks!!!!!
lets get out the broom!!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 09:09:51 PM »
1 back of Boston. No Wang, bats only just starting to hit, injuries still plaguing the roster. Damn. I'd hate to see the Yanks at full strength!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 06:02:59 AM »
What the fuck,they play eachother now neither team can win a game :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 07:27:12 AM »
What the fuck,they play eachother now neither team can win a game :-\

It's just a little regression, although last night's game was a horrible loss on many different levels.  8-3 since the ASB, Joba going today.

I'm not stupid enough to think Joba won't eventually get blown out, I just hope it doesn't happen today.

Yanks really need another arm to bridge the gap to Wang's return.  We just saw it - Yanks have been successful with Rasners and Ponsons since Mussina/Pettitte/Chamberlain/bullpen have been so good.  When one of them has the inevitable bad outing (Mussina's last one), the losses can pile up quickly.

I would try as hard as I could to swing a deal for a decent arm.  The Yankees have to prospects to do it, if they choose.
Y

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 07:31:19 AM »
Wasn't Body88 just telling us a few weeks ago that Boston was the best team in baseball. How many have they lost to the Angels in the last month now?  ::)

With Teixeria the Angels are going to be scary good.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 07:37:15 AM »
Wasn't Body88 just telling us a few weeks ago that Boston was the best team in baseball. How many have they lost to the Angels in the last month now?  ::)

With Teixeria the Angels are going to be scary good.

It's a good acquisition, but if they don't re-sign him or win the WS, losing Kotchman for a half season of Teixeria is a pretty big price to pay.
Y