Author Topic: Hershey's Chocolate moving to Mexico  (Read 643 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Hershey's Chocolate moving to Mexico
« on: August 20, 2008, 04:09:31 PM »
Hershey's Moving to Mexico, Cutting 1,500 Jobs
US chocolate maker Hershey's has announced it will be moving 10% of its operations out of the US and cutting 1,500 jobs from its global work force. The three-year restructuring plan will save Hershey's US$190 million per year.

Spokesperson Kirk Saville didn't give any real details, saying only that "Some (plants) will be expanded, some will be downsized and some will close." The company will be opening a new plant in Mexico under the plan.

Hershey's President Richard H. Lenny said: "We recognize this will involve considerable change over the next three years, and intend to make this transformation of our supply chain as smooth as possible for our employees and customers."

Thank NAFTA 

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Hershey's Chocolate moving to Mexico
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 05:52:04 PM »
Whut? It's not teh Bush's fault?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 07:53:07 PM »
If you think this is bad, you have another thing coming (insert song)

Today Obama said that he seeks to stop companies from going offshore, by offering them tax breaks....flip flop.

He said those words "offer them tax breaks" but what he failed to talk about, were the different tax rates on companies that are financed through debt rather than equity.

Leads me to believe two things 1) He does not know anything about taxes and 2) he's a big liar.

Different rates on overseas and domestic investment and other tax loopholes for certain industries, like oil and natural gas, are given to every company, Obama just does not want to state the obvious (or maybe it's not), for fear of being linked to corporations, which he is now attacking McCain of.

You know what is even funnier alot of Democrats on here, know NOTHING about economics, and they think Obama is going to drive down or stop the spending.

When the budget deficit is about to reach $482 billion/2009,
AS A RESULT OF THE "fiscal stimulus package" compounded by a sluggish economy.

Obama CALLED FOR a second, $50 billion stimulus, and said if it needs to be done he would bring on another round.

LMFAO. This guy is going to devalue and bankrupt the country.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 07:56:14 PM »
P.S. CGT, is going straight to Health Care, and Health Insurance, and get this....it's going to be used to bring down the budget deficit...the same one Obama is going to JACK UP.

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 08:16:25 PM »
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 09:14:53 PM »
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.

It's real sad. Milton built that town, I was wanting to go stay at some Hershey Hotel last year nevr got the chance.

Here is a link wanna check it out

http://www.thehotelhershey.com/index.php

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 11:56:22 PM »
I don't like when companies send jobs overseas, but it says only 10 percent of its workforce is moving, so the title is misleading.  Also, how much of the 1500 "global workforce" are Americans?