Author Topic: Dems fall into a trap, Palin pregnancy backfire  (Read 5520 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Dems fall into a trap, Palin pregnancy backfire
« on: September 01, 2008, 10:15:14 AM »
After Clinton was passed over for VP, feminists around the US yelled that Democrats, Obama, and media had treated her unfairly. After the GOP picked Palin, they were told on both isles to be careful.....they just made this issue of her pregnancy and her daughter's blow up in their faces. The GOP will miss out on a Cheney and Bush speech, but Laura Bush will be in attendence and on stage....calling on women.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Dems fall into a trap, Palin pregnancy backfire
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 10:27:44 AM »
No.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 10:30:25 AM »
I'm afraid yes. And if either Clinton opens their mouth and says the words "unfair" or "discrimination" it's bad.

This is a new wave of Shock and Awe.

The Palin choice was your shock....the awe will soon follow

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 11:35:10 AM »
this is too funny even to respond, haha you republican douchebags are so delusional its scary. hahahaha yes all women will jump ship because every woman candidate is completely interchangeable  ::)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 11:45:45 AM »
If this pregnancy story is not true, the democrats that pushed it will be shown to be scumbags.  A smear tactic like this will not go over well at all...particularly with women.  Big backfire.

If this baby is her daughters then Palin just lied to the public and she has big problems.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 02:58:00 PM »
No x 2.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 03:01:15 PM »
the democrats that pushed it will be shown to be scumbags.

Please list their names.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 03:15:37 PM »
Please list their names.

I'll start: 

Colonel 240

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 03:21:05 PM »
I'll start: 

Colonel 240

I see.  Anyone in any official capacity from the dem party?

I mean, if you want to tie this to Obama, you gotta be able to list the obama operatives who were involved.

You can't, can you?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 03:28:35 PM »
I'll start: 

Colonel 240

Wow, 240 is offically a dem official? Great work Rob, you should have shared with the board >:(

By that thought, the repubs are all racist for all the racist things ones reads on various boards and hears from people.

White supremist groups made threats againest Obama, post that stuff online etc. I think it is safe to say McCain has no interest in wacking people as they are black ::)

Unless the official camps say things, is not their fault. That way all sorts of nutbag things would be tied to them....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 03:34:03 PM »
It is a common practice for candidates to use "unofficial" means to attack opponents.  That's why, for example, Wes Clark could attack McCain's service and Obama could stand back and say "it wasn't me."   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 03:38:01 PM »
It is a common practice for candidates to use "unofficial" means to attack opponents.  That's why, for example, Wes Clark could attack McCain's service and Obama could stand back and say "it wasn't me."   ::)

Obama says family attacks are off-limits:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=231765.0

So unless you have some evidence of his connection to it, this is just another hairbrain CT of yours.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »
this is too funny even to respond, haha you republican douchebags are so delusional its scary. hahahaha yes all women will jump ship because every woman candidate is completely interchangeable  ::)

Who said all the women would jump ship? Nobody here!!!

In fact, the emphasis with Palin has been energizing the conservative base. Of course, if some of those nice PUMAs jump on board the McCain train, it certainly doesn't hurt the GOP's cause.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 04:14:18 PM »
Nobody cares about who the hell the VP candidate is except for the political junkies here.

VPs do not decide elections.

AFter 8 years of Reagan, most of the blue collar workers of southeastern wisconsin that frequented the tavern I bartended at had no idea just who the hell George Bush was and that he'd been VP for the entire 8 years.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 04:17:55 PM »
Nobody cares about who the hell the VP candidate is except for the political junkies here.

AFter 8 years of Reagan, most of the blue collar workers of southeastern wisconsin that frequented the tavern I bartended at had no idea just who the hell George Bush was and that he'd been VP for the entire 8 years.

Oh... so you read those old Doonesberry comic strips too?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 04:21:39 PM »
I wasn't clear with my writing.  My point was that whoever started and propagated this smear job is a scumbag.  We'll probably never find out who it was.  No one can say if it came from the Obama camp but it sure came from that side of the isle, who are quick to pounce on any smearing from the right.
This action was bullshit, unfair to Palin and why a lot of good people stay out of politics.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 04:24:41 PM »

I think she may get some additional press to reg VP's which was possibly McCains plan. Female VP is rare, she's very pretty, 5 kids is rare, having a young baby is rare, a pregnant teen is a first [?] and the down syndrome baby must be a first [?]

Also maybe shows his judgement, some people may be thrilled, others may question his judgement - and wonder who he will choose for other positions?

Most press is never on issues, it's on drama, and she has plenty.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 04:26:58 PM »
Oh... so you read those old Doonesberry comic strips too?

Bush was a disembodied voice, quayle a feather and Bush the lesser was busted up gladiator helmet.  That's funny stuff.

Only problem is, my story is true

Sure this is the information age and the systems are replete with info as soon as it happens.  However people are as disinterested today as they were 20 years ago.

...except for Obama....he draws some freakishly large live audiences.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 04:29:51 PM »
I wasn't clear with my writing.  My point was that whoever started and propagated this smear job is a scumbag.  We'll probably never find out who it was.  No one can say if it came from the Obama camp but it sure came from that side of the isle, who are quick to pounce on any smearing from the right.
This action was bullshit, unfair to Palin and why a lot of good people stay out of politics.

It was DailyKOS that started it.

We don't yet know if it's true, or false.

To draw a conclusion after seeing their case, would be stupid.
To draw a conclusion after a denial from Mccain, would be stupid.

Letting the vetting process happen, THEN making a decision about the validity of the claim, is the intelligent thing to do. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 04:32:46 PM »
If the daughter is 5 months pregnant and the little baby with Down's is 4-5 months old, its extremely unlikely for the daughter to be the mother of the Down's baby.  Plus, as I have already explained, the chance of a 17 yr old having a child with Down's is incredibly rare.  Its a bullshit story.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 04:33:54 PM »
I missed the news cycle.  I have no idea what you're talking about.  It has something to do with Palin ignoring her last bout of labor b/c her fetus had downs syndrome?

Welcome to politics.  It was the Bush people that started the push polling--patterned after Lee Atwater's techniques---where people were polled as to whether they'd be more or less likely to vote for McCain in 2000 if they knew that he'd:

fathered an illegitimate black child;

become mentally deranged while a pow;

become a commie manchurian candidate while a pow etc.

It would be a shame that the only lesson learned by the democrats from the republicans over the last 8 years would be this type of 'win at all costs' campaigning.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 04:34:40 PM »
If the daughter is 5 months pregnant

Exactly.

We have zero proof of this, other than the Rove statement.

You know, the self-proclaimed 'architect'?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 04:37:53 PM »
I think she may get some additional press to reg VP's which was possibly McCains plan. Female VP is rare, she's very pretty, 5 kids is rare, having a young baby is rare, a pregnant teen is a first [?] and the down syndrome baby must be a first [?]

Also maybe shows his judgement, some people may be thrilled, others may question his judgement - and wonder who he will choose for other positions?

Most press is never on issues, it's on drama, and she has plenty.
I agree with your characterization of the press. 

McCain has already shown poor judgment in formulating his shortsighted policy platform.  It's ruinous.  His judgment in choosing a pretty face to be his VP candidate is also questionable b/c policy-wise, she's as polarizing as Bush ever was.

He made his choice, let him live with it.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 04:41:52 PM »
Decker, I was speaking about the initial smear for the last day that Palin's Down's child was her daughters and she lied to the public.  Which is simply wrong. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 04:43:04 PM »
I know Rove is behind a lot but what are you suggesting?  That the whole story with Palin's daughter being pregnant is false?