Author Topic: The Adonis Diet Principles, Open-Source  (Read 132434 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: The Adonis Diet Principles, Open-Source
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »
Added the final principle. I think it's finished. Now that there's 10, we should call them The Adonis Commandments. :)
Mods, you may now make this a sticky. Generations of upcoming bodybuilders will thank you.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2008, 02:59:04 PM »
Do you guys weigh your food all day? I figure if I stay at a weight for a long time then just adding cardio a bit more protein will do the trick, why get all scientific about shit? Its not that hard right? Work out to look good, sit on the couch to look like shit.

It's kinda starting to sound like bodybuilding, isn't it?   ;D

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2008, 04:50:07 PM »
It's kinda starting to sound like bodybuilding, isn't it?   ;D

HAHAHAHA.  Seriously though:

No it's not like bodybuilding.  For bodybuilding purposes an ice cream sundae in the morning, and double QP and fries at night works just fine for dieting and bulking just add dominoes for lunch.  You will, however, have painfully hard feces and will possibly be malnourished (the verdict is still out on whether you could offset this diet with a multi-vitamin, nutrionalism is really not proven).

This diet is intended to maintain saiety, health, and give BBing results.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2008, 05:52:10 PM »
HAHAHAHA.  Seriously though:

No it's not like bodybuilding.  For bodybuilding purposes an ice cream sundae in the morning, and double QP and fries at night works just fine for dieting and bulking just add dominoes for lunch.  You will, however, have painfully hard feces and will possibly be malnourished (the verdict is still out on whether you could offset this diet with a multi-vitamin, nutrionalism is really not proven).

This diet is intended to maintain saiety, health, and give BBing results.
I don`t agree at all with any of your statements other than you can use this to get extremely ripped.

Pizza is one of the most healthy and complete things one can eat.  You should really try and track what you eat, you will be surprised at how you stack up against meeting nutritional needs.

I usually get 20 grams of fiber from just a few slices of pizza alone.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »
I think it may be beneficial for beginners to keep track of their food intake, just to know what they really take in. For my current diet, I stopped all of that. I know that I'm getting enough protein and enough food variety for all nutrients. Calorie restriction works just by experience. That was actually one reason that made me switch to this kind of diet: I'm lazy.

I can only repeat that I have never felt stronger or healthier than on my current diet. That all while eating whatever I want within the scope of P1-P5, and that does include e.g. chinese food, burgers, and ice cream bars.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2008, 07:37:01 AM »
I don`t agree at all with any of your statements other than you can use this to get extremely ripped.

Pizza is one of the most healthy and complete things one can eat.  You should really try and track what you eat, you will be surprised at how you stack up against meeting nutritional needs.

this is not typical pizza that you are eating.  It may contain a good balance of macronutrients, but most pizza is not fibrous.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2008, 10:45:22 AM »

Please tell us what kind of pizza you have to get 20 grams of fiber from just 3 pieces.  A whole medium pizza usually will have between 3 and 5 grams of fiber.  What toppings are you using to make it have this much fiber.  Do you sprinkle Metamusel all over it
No Worries 4 me

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2008, 10:50:48 AM »
OK, I would like to add a fifth principle for the amount of sleep needed. According to TA's post, I would put it that way:

P5) 5-8 hours of sleep per day, depending on individual requirements.

I think this makes it clear that 8h are sufficient for everyone, while due to individual differences, 5h may also be sufficient for some people. Any objections?

Deicide Sleep Principle= Epic Failure (2-3 hours on average)...maybe that is why Low Carb works best for me...
I hate the State.

GApump

• Getbig I
Re: The Adonis Diet Principles, revised
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2008, 10:53:54 AM »
I would start with 12-14 per current Bodyweight,  and run it straight through.  Obviously the longer adherence the greater the result. The ABSOLUTE lowest to go with calories should be 9 calories per bodyweight.  Keep in mind that you should not at all have to go this low.  Patience is a big factor in this.  Most people think they have hit a sticking point, when in fact it is not the case at all.  Running 11-12 all the way through should be sufficient to get EXTREMELY ripped.

TA,

what are your thoughts on the adjustments one would make to their calories based on their body type? For example, I would classify myself as a endomorph and my job leads me to be basically sedentary during the bulk of my day (desk job). I was just wondering what body type this caloric range was based around, or if there was one in mind at all.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2008, 10:55:35 AM »
I don`t think sleep becomes a huge factor as most people get enough sleep over time, unless someone is a chronic insomniac.  5-8 hours should be enough.  Also, even just laying down, reading or relaxing is beneficial and conducive to count as rest.

Bullshit; you obviously don't know much about Delta Wave and REM sleep...without these phases 'rest' is worthless....
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2008, 12:15:28 PM »
Bullshit; you obviously don't know much about Delta Wave and REM sleep...without these phases 'rest' is worthless....

Is it worthless for muscle recovery?
Anyway, as mentioned before, this thread is not about scientific studies, it is about experience only.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2008, 12:15:48 PM »

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2008, 12:21:31 PM »
175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »
I'm not sure what Andi's diet was.
I cannot say if the principles apply to juicers.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2008, 12:25:40 PM »
Is it worthless for muscle recovery?
Anyway, as mentioned before, this thread is not about scientific studies, it is about experience only.

maybe not, but being sleep deprived, and 5 hours per night will indeed lead to a deep sleep debt, has been shown to lower metabolism and raise apetite.  Which is very counterproductive for a diet obviously.  

My personal experience agrees with this, although sometimes in the midst of a manic upswing I can build a sleep debt without increased apetite.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2008, 12:25:56 PM »
Deicide Sleep Principle= Epic Failure (2-3 hours on average)...maybe that is why Low Carb works best for me...

With "works best", what do you mean exactly?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2008, 12:28:50 PM »
maybe not, but being sleep deprived, and 5 hours per night will indeed lead to a deep sleep debt, has been shown to lower metabolism and raise apetite.  Which is very counterproductive for a diet obviously.  

My personal experience agrees with this, although sometimes in the midst of a manic upswing I can build a sleep debt without increased apetite.

That's why I wrote "depending on individual requirements". I know of people, who never sleep more than 4 to 5 hours. I need at least 6-7h. Below that, I feel that my workouts and muscle recovery suffers. Others may need up to 8h. I think the range defined by TA should cover the majority of people.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2008, 01:32:25 PM »
That's why I wrote "depending on individual requirements". I know of people, who never sleep more than 4 to 5 hours. I need at least 6-7h. Below that, I feel that my workouts and muscle recovery suffers. Others may need up to 8h. I think the range defined by TA should cover the majority of people.

I think that the research shows those effects (increase of apetite, slowing of metabolism) to be true broadly, if there is evidence that those who claim to only need 4-5 hours are not susceptible to these effects I have not heard it.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2008, 02:37:01 PM »
I think that the research shows those effects (increase of apetite, slowing of metabolism) to be true broadly, if there is evidence that those who claim to only need 4-5 hours are not susceptible to these effects I have not heard it.

Let's put it this way: I know of people who simply cannot sleep longer than 5h (they cannot fall asleep after 5h anymore) but are still functioning normal in everyday life. Doesn't make sense to have a rule that would exclude them, because that's the best they can do anyway. What the rule means is that if you normally can sleep 6h and also would need 6h for optimal recovery, but only manage to get 5h (because of work etc.), that's gonna have a negative effect.

Below 5h, for most people, will either fall into the aforementioned category, or in the category of insomnia, which I don't know how it affects the principles' applicability.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2008, 02:47:52 PM »
Let's put it this way: I know of people who simply cannot sleep longer than 5h (they cannot fall asleep after 5h anymore) but are still functioning normal in everyday life. Doesn't make sense to have a rule that would exclude them, because that's the best they can do anyway. What the rule means is that if you normally can sleep 6h and also would need 6h for optimal recovery, but only manage to get 5h (because of work etc.), that's gonna have a negative effect.

Below 5h, for most people, will either fall into the aforementioned category, or in the category of insomnia, which I don't know how it affects the principles' applicability.

ok...I wish I only needed 5 hours, would give me a lot of extra free time.

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2008, 04:34:52 PM »

Only thing I would say about that, is if you use drinking alcohol as a myth, it really does require more sleep than you normally would.

If I normally sleep x hours than after a hard night of drinking I usually need x +3 hours.

Alex23

« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2008, 07:48:25 PM »
Adam are you ready to make your system open source?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2008, 07:59:19 PM »
I think Adonis is onto something with the theory that you dont need to eat six times a day to make gains though.

Anywhere between 4-6 evenly spaced meals throughout the day will not make that much of a difference when compared to having 6-7 meals per day, and may actually be more beneficial in terms of hunger and protein synthesis, and most importantly practicality. I mean what "normal" person has time to eat 7 meals a day???

Alex23

« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2008, 09:00:58 PM »
I think Adonis is onto something with the theory that you dont need to eat six times a day to make gains though.

Anywhere between 4-6 evenly spaced meals throughout the day will not make that much of a difference when compared to having 6-7 meals per day, and may actually be more beneficial in terms of hunger and protein synthesis, and most importantly practicality. I mean what "normal" person has time to eat 7 meals a day???

Don't be a bitch, carry your cooler around like everyone else damn it ;D

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2008, 10:45:50 PM »

I would call that part of the Adonis principles the one with the most validity over traditional bodybuilding diets.  Problem is you start out like that in the beginning (especially when you're juicing) and it doesn't pay not to eat progressively more, cleaner food through the preparation process.  Even as far as natural dieting goes I really don't think jrod would be leaner dieting Adonis's way over his way, and that's what it boils down to.  When the competition really heats up Adonis will have to sacrifice many of his unique methods if he is to pull off the win.  That includes having his finger on his water trigger and that takes a consistent, well-thought out nutritional program.  He actually missed the deadline last year because of timing issues and he doesn't understand that that is the whole point of the diet being more strict and predictable.  He got off by claiming that he didn't know the picture deadline but I assure you Adonis knew everything about that competition as it had become his life's obsession by the time it came to pass.