Author Topic: The Adonis Diet Principles, Open-Source  (Read 132392 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: The Adonis Diet Principles, Open-Source
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2008, 12:29:09 PM »
no with cardio, i did not lose weight on 1000cals a day. i was only doing 15 mins a day, as i couldn't stand anymore with eating so few calories, i was craving food non stop, i was so weak and tired. every weight workout felt like the hardest ever. with the cardio every leg movement felt like i was climbing a mountain.

what i'm saying is i believe i can/could lose more fat if i added cardio at a higher calorie range, and increased it there to increase calorie expenditure if needed, thus keeping my metabolism higher, rather than drop calories  via food reduction thus slowing metabolism down, which i did in the past, and which i feel was the cause of me stalling at 1000cals.

This sounds like a theory then and not actual experience ... am I right? ;D
As soon as you have managed to diet down with eating more and adding cardio, would be interested to hear.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2008, 12:38:55 PM »
how many calories do you eat in a typical day? if you dont know just give me a guess estimate
yes eating less is easier, takes 2 minutes to eat 600 calories and an hour of cardio to burn it  >:(
but you gotta to what you gotta do to look the way you gotta look  ;D
even if that means "running on a treadmill like a fockin hamster"  ;)

Right now I'm dieting and my guess is that I take in about 1500-1750 kcals/day.
I have been training for over 10 years now and I have tried just about every method of weight training, cardio, nutrition, bulking, and dieting there is. In the diets I did, I progressively eliminated the myths M1-M5 up to the point of my current diet, where I eliminated them all. So what I have to do to look the way I look (which is the best I have ever looked condition-wise), is exactly what is layed out in the first post of this thread.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2008, 12:39:45 PM »
This sounds like a theory then and not actual experience ... am I right? ;D
As soon as you have managed to diet down with eating more and adding cardio, would be interested to hear.
>:( dude I told you that I have tried eating less with no cardio
and he is right it slows metabolism but doesnt do shit  >:(
now if it works for you, then it works for you
what works for you doesn't work for everybody, so stop shoving it down everybody's throats  >:(
you have no idea what fatloss is all about  ::)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2008, 12:40:47 PM »
Right now I'm dieting and my guess is that I take in about 1500-1750 kcals/day.
I have been training for over 10 years now and I have tried just about every method of weight training, cardio, nutrition, bulking, and dieting there is. In the diets I did, I progressively eliminated the myths M1-M5 up to the point of my current diet, where I eliminated them all. So what I have to do to look the way I look (which is the best I have ever looked condition-wise), is exactly what is layed out in the first post of this thread.
dude 1500 is waaaay too low
how much do weigh? cuz if you're 200 pounds thats too low

ASJChaotic

« Reply #204 on: September 13, 2008, 12:41:39 PM »
I bet you, you have no muscle mass  :-\
anybody eating that low amount of calories is not going build no muscle cuz he will be in starvation mode  :-*

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2008, 12:42:39 PM »
how much does this monster eat? ;D

ASJChaotic

« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2008, 12:45:47 PM »
how much does this monster eat? ;D
more than you
hey quakeroats how about you not be a little bitch and post a picture of yourself ?  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
better yet why don't you enter Mr. Getbig? we'll see who is better
cough.......homo....couc 8)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2008, 12:46:11 PM »
MemberX, the answers to your last 3 posts can all be found in my post 210. I never claimed to be a mass monster. But I have 10 years of experience. Believe me, I know what my caloric needs are.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2008, 12:48:27 PM »
MemberX, the answers to your last 3 posts can all be found in my post 210. I never claimed to be a mass monster. But I have 10 years of experience. Believe me, I know what my caloric needs are.
I believe you know, as I have to dial in my calorie needs
 ;D
eating 1500 calories a day sucks, believe me i know  ;D
how low in bodyfat have you gotten?
post a pic  ;)

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #209 on: September 13, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »
1700 cals a day?? You're eating like a bird...dude I would rather work harder then sacrifice food, call me crazy but I would never deny my body something when it's screaming for it..

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2008, 12:54:09 PM »
I believe you know, as I have to dial in my calorie needs
 ;D
eating 1500 calories a day sucks, believe me i know  ;D
how low in bodyfat have you gotten?
post a pic  ;)

I have already posted a link of my current diet progress in this thread, here it is again:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=222371.0

Progress is also indicated by my avatar. I have started this diet from a point which was not at my best, size-wise (due to injuries, etc.). I decided to go for it anyway, since I wanted to try something new.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #211 on: September 13, 2008, 12:55:32 PM »
1700 cals a day?? You're eating like a bird...dude I would rather work harder then sacrifice food, call me crazy but I would never deny my body something when it's screaming for it..
exactly, I lost 30 pounds of muscle when I ate 1700 in 2 months and actually got FATTER
........im eating twice as much now and I'm leaner than ever
that would suck, living your whole life on 1700 calories,
I think he has been doing this for so long his metabolism has adapted to 1700 calories a day   :-\

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #212 on: September 13, 2008, 12:56:36 PM »

The body will be screaming for it anyway if you burn what you eat more.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #213 on: September 13, 2008, 12:58:23 PM »
exactly, I lost 30 pounds of muscle when I ate 1700 in 2 months and actually got FATTER
........im eating twice as much now and I'm leaner than ever
that would suck, living your whole life on 1700 calories,
I think he has been doing this for so long his metabolism has adapted to 1700 calories a day   :-\

You are obviously ignoring my posts. Read post 210. Where did I say I always eat like that? It's a diet. And I've tried many different ways.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #214 on: September 13, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »
LOL
the quote
"I'm certainly not a mass monster"  ;D
how long did you diet for? or have dieted?
cuz I'm telling you if I eat 1700 calories I'll get fatter  ;)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #215 on: September 13, 2008, 12:59:35 PM »
I'm OBVIOUSLY not ignoring your posts  >:(

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: September 13, 2008, 01:00:40 PM »
The body will be screaming for it anyway if you burn what you eat more.

Hold on..I just want to know what you are shooting for? I mean you have pretty good definition, but you really don't have too much muscle on you, and if you keep eating this way, the muscle that you do have you can say goodbye to. However, if your goal is just to get as lean as you can possibly get then it's a different story.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #217 on: September 13, 2008, 01:05:25 PM »
Hold on..I just want to know what you are shooting for? I mean you have pretty good definition, but you really don't have too much muscle on you, and if you keep eating this way, the muscle that you do have you can say goodbye to. However, if your goal is just to get as lean as you can possibly get then it's a different story.
since my BMR is 2400 calories I'm not going under that  ;D
and to maintain I already said i have to eat huge amounts of calories so I don't think that's accurate
who the fuck would wanna be lean in cost of muscle loss and more importantly FOOOOOOOD
fuck looking good, I need my food  >:(
I eat cheeseburgers and cake while I "cut" and would never even consider Oats salt and tuna  >:( >:(

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #218 on: September 13, 2008, 01:05:41 PM »
I'm OBVIOUSLY not ignoring your posts  >:(

Sorry, but thats what you posted:
"I think he has been doing this for so long his metabolism has adapted to 1700 calories a day".

Where as I have written in post 210 that I have tried just about every method there is, including bulks with well over 3000 kcals/day. ;)

My diet started about 10 weeks ago. Before that I have been eating more, of course. I'm also sure that the calories were higher at the beginning of the diet, since I don't go by calories, just by P3.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #219 on: September 13, 2008, 01:10:35 PM »
Sorry, but thats what you posted:
"I think he has been doing this for so long his metabolism has adapted to 1700 calories a day".

Where as I have written in post 210 that I have tried just about every method there is, including bulks with well over 3000 kcals/day. ;)

My diet started about 10 weeks ago. Before that I have been eating more, of course. I'm also sure that the calories were higher at the beginning of the diet, since I don't go by calories, just by P3.
LOL I eat 3500 calories when I cut and you eat 3000 for "bulk"?  :o
lmao there is another problem you "bulk"
I do both at the same time  ;)
and I think I manage to pull it off  ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #220 on: September 13, 2008, 01:12:40 PM »

I didn't have that much muscle to start with, I already said that. I have been bigger in the past, but that's beside the point. The point is that I have tried eating more and doing cardio while dieting and I couldn't preserve as much strength and muscle (relative to the start of the diet) as on this diet. I should maybe add that I'm a lifetime natural.

The goal is indeed to get as lean as possible this time (while preserving as much muscle as possible, of course). It's an experiment to show how far one can go without the myths M1-M5. We'll see.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2008, 01:15:56 PM »
LOL I eat 3500 calories when I cut and you eat 3000 for "bulk"?  :o
lmao there is another problem you "bulk"
I do both at the same time  ;)
and I think I manage to pull it off  ;D

Maybe that's because you're tall as a freaking house and I'm a dwarf? :D
You managed to build quite a base for your height, props for that.
However, we have to see what it boils down to when you get ripped.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: September 13, 2008, 01:16:57 PM »
I didn't have that much muscle to start with, I already said that. I have been bigger in the past, but that's beside the point. The point is that I have tried eating more and doing cardio while dieting and I couldn't preserve as much strength and muscle (relative to the start of the diet) as on this diet. I should maybe add that I'm a lifetime natural.

The goal is indeed to get as lean as possible this time (while preserving as much muscle as possible, of course). It's an experiment to show how far one can go without the myths M1-M5. We'll see.

I'm a natural as well, being natural you should know that your going to have to require more calories and more protein when dieting, then someone who is on juice....and bulking on 3,000 cals a day?? I eat more then that on a daily basis, maybe you just have a incredibly slow metabolism I'm guessing..

ASJChaotic

« Reply #223 on: September 13, 2008, 01:17:57 PM »
Maybe that's because you're tall as freaking house and I'm a dwarf? :D
You managed to build quite a base for your height, props for that.
However, we have to see what it boils down to when you get ripped.
I guess we will see since I only have 4 weeks to get down to 5% bodyfat for Mr. Getbig cuz no one fucking told me about it before  >:(

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #224 on: September 13, 2008, 01:19:24 PM »
I guess we will see since I only have 4 weeks to get down to 5% bodyfat for Mr. Getbig cuz no one fucking told me about it before  >:(

Are you seriously entering?