Author Topic: The Adonis Diet Principles, Open-Source  (Read 132461 times)

ASJChaotic

Re: The Adonis Diet Principles, Open-Source
« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2008, 10:29:01 AM »
Of course, it's supposed to be a healthy diet. ;D

Haha, those brownies were good!
Although I had a hard time downing them after that deep fried fucker and the taters. :D

What's your BF right now? How much pounds to lose?
I have no idea, but I'm gonna be in shape by that time....hopefully  8)
LMAO my parents think that turkey breasts and vegetables and rice is not normal
we'll just say they know nothing about nutrition  :-\

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2008, 10:34:35 AM »
Is the standard BS True Donkey posting any better than the guy on the grapefruit, banana and egg diet?  He had more muscle also. 
Oh...Monica!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #277 on: September 21, 2008, 10:36:17 AM »
I have no idea, but I'm gonna be in shape by that time....hopefully  8)
LMAO my parents think that turkey breasts and vegetables and rice is not normal
we'll just say they know nothing about nutrition  :-\

Well I'm the wrong one to argue with here, I don't eat turkey breast unless it's deep fried (Turkey Schnitzel, tastes great too) or smothered in rich gravy. ;D

Rice and veggies are OK of course...

... if deep fried or smothered in rich gravy! ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #278 on: September 21, 2008, 10:37:53 AM »
Is the standard BS True Donkey posting any better than the guy on the grapefruit, banana and egg diet?  He had more muscle also.

Have you seen the latest pics of TA? I would say they're pretty damn impressive.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #279 on: September 21, 2008, 10:39:17 AM »
Well I'm the wrong one to argue with here, I don't eat turkey breast unless it's deep fried (Turkey Schnitzel, tastes great too) or smothered in rich gravy. ;D

Rice and veggies are OK of course...

... if deep fried or smothered in rich gravy! ;D
yeah but don't your parents piss you off
when I eat fucking chocolate bars "oh why you eating that, it's not good for you"
when I eat vegetables and chicken breasts "oh why you eating that, WHYYY??? WHYYY?"
like seriously...FUCK OFF  >:(
why are you watching what I eat anyways?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #280 on: September 21, 2008, 10:40:37 AM »
yeah but don't your parents piss you off
when I eat fucking chocolate bars "oh why you eating that, it's not good for you"
when I eat vegetables and chicken breasts "oh why you eating that, WHYYY??? WHYYY?"
like seriously...FUCK OFF  >:(
why are you watching what I eat anyways?

How old are you? Are you living with your parents?

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #281 on: September 21, 2008, 10:48:55 AM »
Have you seen the latest pics of TA? I would say they're pretty damn impressive.

No...but the user on the other diet was more bulked, dry and impressive.  TD looked depleted from the last photos I saw.   
Oh...Monica!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #282 on: September 21, 2008, 10:56:44 AM »
No...but the user on the other diet was more bulked, dry and impressive.  TD looked depleted from the last photos I saw.

I guess we'll see when Getbig III is over. Both TA and Johnny Falcon are entering AFAIK.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #283 on: September 21, 2008, 12:59:07 PM »
Last meal of the day. Might have overdone it a little today, but I was training legs and I'm fockin' hungry! ;D

philborg

• Getbig II
« Reply #284 on: September 21, 2008, 01:52:41 PM »
wavelength, I'm assuming the recent avatar shots you have been displaying are your "after photos" and your current condition, do you have any before photos prior to becoming an adonis prinicipalian?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #285 on: September 21, 2008, 01:56:50 PM »
wavelength, I'm assuming the recent avatar shots you have been displaying are your "after photos" and your current condition, do you have any before photos prior to becoming an adonis prinicipalian?

This is the first cutting diet where I got rid of all myths. You can see my progress in this thread:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=222371.0

I'm still not where I want to be, another few pounds to lose.

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #286 on: September 21, 2008, 02:10:06 PM »
Agree!!... Law of Thermodynamics.. No such thing as energy lost..just transferred... Expend more energy than taken in.. or Consistently stay @ a caloric deficit.. The math will eventually do the work for u.... ie. I like 2 do cardio just so I can eat more

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #287 on: September 21, 2008, 02:30:30 PM »
Agree!!... Law of Thermodynamics.. No such thing as energy lost..just transferred... Expend more energy than taken in.. or Consistently stay @ a caloric deficit.. The math will eventually do the work for u.... ie. I like 2 do cardio just so I can eat more

Cardio is fine if it makes dieting easier of course. I'm just sick and tired of running in a treadmill for an hour every day. Nowadays I relax in the evening with a fine glass of red wine. :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #288 on: September 21, 2008, 02:36:08 PM »
Cardio is fine if it makes dieting easier of course. I'm just sick and tired of running in a treadmill for an hour every day. Nowadays I relax in the evening with a fine glass of red wine. :)
Dont run, walk. And do it first thing in the morning, and first thing postworkout. DO NOT increase food intake because of the extra caloric expenditure from those two cardio sessions. Increase the % of protein(meat) in your diet. Increase intake of fibrous vegetables.  :)

Bodybuilders diet and do cardio in a certain way for a reason.. It works !

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #289 on: September 21, 2008, 02:43:51 PM »
Dont run, walk. And do it first thing in the morning, and first thing postworkout. DO NOT increase food intake because of the extra caloric expenditure from those two cardio sessions. Increase the % of protein(meat) in your diet. Increase intake of fibrous vegetables.  :)

Bodybuilders diet and do cardio in a certain way for a reason.. It works !

Well it doesn't for me. I tried diffferent forms of cardio (slow, middle, fast), the only thing it did for me was burn some calories. My results (ratio of fat loss vs. muscle loss at the same rate of weight loss) are actually better without cardio. Regarding protein intake, the 1g/lb LBM I take in now is more than enough anyway, IMO.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #290 on: September 21, 2008, 02:54:12 PM »
Well it doesn't for me. I tried diffferent forms of cardio (slow, middle, fast), the only thing it did for me was burn some calories. My results (ratio of fat loss vs. muscle loss at the same rate of weight loss) are actually better without cardio. Regarding protein intake, the 1g/lb LBM I take in now is more than enough anyway, IMO.

Over time it makes a difference. as a natural, you wont really notice any big differences. But it does help. Low intensity cardio at those times are great for gh release, insulin sensitivity, and overall metabolism. Its not supposed to be a huge caloric expenditure.

Higher % meat in your diet = more calories expended, with the same activity level (dietary thermogensis).

for example... two diet, of equal caloric value.  two men with bodies that are exact replicas of each other. both men have the same exact same activity level throughout the diet. Ones diet is 60% protein, 30%carbs, 10% fat...while the other ones diet is 33% protein, 33%carbs, 33% fats.  The guy with the diet higher in protein will lose more fat faster, as a result of the thermic effect of protein (about 30-40% of protein calories ingested).

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #291 on: September 21, 2008, 03:05:16 PM »
Over time it makes a difference. as a natural, you wont really notice any big differences. But it does help. Low intensity cardio at those times are great for gh release, insulin sensitivity, and overall metabolism. Its not supposed to be a huge caloric expenditure.

I tried low intensity cardio. If I don't notice any difference, it doesn't make any. In my case, I noticed a difference, my diet was worse with cardio. Everything else is just theory.

Higher % meat in your diet = more calories expended, with the same activity level (dietary thermogensis).

for example... two diet, of equal caloric value.  two men with bodies that are exact replicas of each other. both men have the same exact activity level throughout the diet. Ones diet is 60% protein, 30%carbs, 10% fat...while the other ones diet is 33% protein, 33%carbs, 33% fats.  The guy with the diet higher in protein will lose more fat faster, as a result of the thermic effect of protein (about 30-40% of protein calories ingested).

I never claimed there is no need for a certain amount of protein. But you will agree that there is a lower and an upper end to what makes sense. A diet consisting of protein only will not work just like a diet with no protein at all. I know for a fact that I need more than 0.5g/lb of LBM, because I tried to go lower than that. Im also sure that I don't need significantly more than 1g/lb, since I also tried that and got bad results because of the carbs and fat I had to sacrifice. You will be able to find a nutrition theory for just about any range of recommended protein percentage. I prefer to go by my own experience.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #292 on: September 21, 2008, 03:11:22 PM »
Im not saying anybody needs any certain amount of protein. All I am telling you is that a higher % of protein in your diet = more weight loss. Without any additional activity or reduction in caloric intake.  Thats a big flaw in what your selling.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #293 on: September 21, 2008, 03:42:30 PM »
Im not saying anybody needs any certain amount of protein. All I am telling you is that a higher % of protein in your diet = more weight loss. Without any additional activity or reduction in caloric intake.  Thats a big flaw in what your selling.

We have to be more specific here. The effectiveness of a cutting diet I would define as the ratio of fat loss / muscle loss at a certain rate of weight loss. Let's say on my current diet I lose 1lb of total body weight a week and the ratio would be 3/1. The experiment would now be to repeat the diet and every time manipulate the protein percentage while keeping the rate of weight loss at 1lb/week for each repetition, and check the ratio. The total amount of calories to make that happen is completely irrelevant in this scenario. You may be right and I could take in slightly more calories on a higher percentage of protein while still losing 1lb/week (same as keeping the calories constant and losing slightly more). But that has nothing to do with the aforementioned effectiveness of the diet. You must agree that in this series of experiments, there will be an optimal range of protein percentage. Otherwise, everyone would just eat 100% protein for a cutting diet. The only difference in the principles is that they don't define a percentage of protein relative to the total caloric intake but rather a value relative to LBM (which I feel makes more sense). However, since the caloric intake will not change that much (if you start at a reasonable amount of bodyfat) in the course of the diet, it doesn't make a big difference, especially since the value specified is high enough to easily accomodate this factor.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #294 on: September 21, 2008, 04:14:15 PM »
Allot of people diet on 100% meat +veggies. In fact its pretty common among pre contest bodybuilders. They might go 2,3,4,5, or even 6 days of protein + veggies, then have a carb up day.

IMO, this is the absolute most effective way to diet for fat loss. 

When trying to lose bodyfat, you want your body to use bodyfat for as large a % of your daily caloric expenditure as possible without using any muscle tissue. Since carbs and fats are energy, when you cut them out, all energy must come from fat. (except for some glucose demands... which would vary depending on activity throughout the day..).

So what you do is go zero carbs and fats, and eat just enough protein to avoid catabolism. Along with fibrous vegetables ("negative calories", dietary fiber, lower insulin levels, tons of vitamins minerals and phytonutrients.), and some fish oil/evening primrose (EFA, boost metabolism, protein sparing, boost insulin sensitivity), and thats it.  Carb ups as often as needed to sustain optimal thyroid and cortisol levels.

That = fastest possible fat loss with minimal muscle loss.

You can call that "The Tbombz Diet Principles."  ;)

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: September 21, 2008, 05:28:26 PM »
You mean lower the cals of my pig-out days in the course of the cutting diet?

I honestly don't know. I just eat as much as I like. I think it automatically went down somewhat during the diet. It's about 2 times of what I eat during the week.
No, I meant on your off-days of working out, not on your off-days of dieting. In other words eat 2000 cals a day working out and 1500 on days you don't. I know you didn't count cals but on estimation?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #296 on: September 21, 2008, 11:33:41 PM »
Allot of people diet on 100% meat +veggies. In fact its pretty common among pre contest bodybuilders. They might go 2,3,4,5, or even 6 days of protein + veggies, then have a carb up day.

IMO, this is the absolute most effective way to diet for fat loss. 

When trying to lose bodyfat, you want your body to use bodyfat for as large a % of your daily caloric expenditure as possible without using any muscle tissue. Since carbs and fats are energy, when you cut them out, all energy must come from fat. (except for some glucose demands... which would vary depending on activity throughout the day..).

So what you do is go zero carbs and fats, and eat just enough protein to avoid catabolism. Along with fibrous vegetables ("negative calories", dietary fiber, lower insulin levels, tons of vitamins minerals and phytonutrients.), and some fish oil/evening primrose (EFA, boost metabolism, protein sparing, boost insulin sensitivity), and thats it.  Carb ups as often as needed to sustain optimal thyroid and cortisol levels.

That = fastest possible fat loss with minimal muscle loss.

You can call that "The Tbombz Diet Principles."  ;)

I know of BB diets which are high in protein and fat, but none that would seriously promote eating let's say 95% protein. In any case you would also have to count the carbups and calculate the average percentage.

I'm not so sure on how effective diets like the "Palumbo" diet are for naturals. Apart from M1, (extremely) low-carb goes against P2, P4, and M3. In my case, I'm not able to train effectively without carbs and also would have to substitute healthy fruit with supplements. It maybe a good way to lose weight fast but the ratio of fat loss vs. muscle loss was horrendous when I tried to go low carb. So I cannot confirm the nutritional theory you layed out, and I'm sure I could come up with a different theory supporting my experience. That's why I said that this thread should be about experience only and not about nutrition science.

Your input is appreciated nonetheless, have you actually tried both methods, changing only the percentage of protein between the two cutting diets while still adhering to all principles P1-P5 in both cases?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #297 on: September 21, 2008, 11:36:53 PM »
No, I meant on your off-days of working out, not on your off-days of dieting. In other words eat 2000 cals a day working out and 1500 on days you don't. I know you didn't count cals but on estimation?

There's no difference by principle. I tend to be a little more hungrier on workout days in the evening and therefore eat (a bigger) snack, but that's not always the case.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #298 on: September 22, 2008, 02:32:35 AM »
Oh boy....
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #299 on: September 22, 2008, 03:28:52 AM »
Oh boy....

Haha, works for me, and better than any other diet I have ever tried. :)
Maybe it doesn't work for everybody but IMO many people don't even dare to try, because they're indoctrinated with all the nutritional myths.

Even if it was a little worse than the classical BB method, I'm done with stinky tuna, horse grub, and rat poison. :D