Author Topic: Obama said he is a descendent of bomb throwers  (Read 1331 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Obama said he is a descendent of bomb throwers
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:30:33 AM »
Obama: Kill terrorists, but give prisoners rights

FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. - Barack Obama poked some fun at his Arabic-derived first name to explain the need for the constitutional right of prisoners to appeal their detention.

ADVERTISEMENT

He said U.S. authorities sometimes mistakenly arrest the wrong person, confusing "Muhammad the terrorist" with "Muhammad the cab driver" or "Barack the bomb-thrower" with "Barack, the guy running for president."

It happened Monday night before a boisterously friendly crowd in a high school gym in this affluent northwestern Detroit suburb, in answer to a woman's rambling question about civil liberties.

"My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty," the woman declaimed. "I want our freedom back."

"There should be no conflict between keeping America safe and secure and respecting our Constitution," Obama replied.

He said some critics accused him of being "less interested in protecting you from terrorists than reading them their rights."

"First of all, you don't even get to read them their rights until you catch 'em," Obama said to a roar of applause. "They should spend more time trying to catch Osama bin Laden, and we should worry about the next steps later."

Obama said his position has "always been clear: If you've got a terrorist, take 'em out, take 'em out. Anybody who was involved in 9/11, take 'em out."

The U.S. would have made more progress in hunting down bin Laden's al-Qaida forces in Afghanistan if the Bush administration hadn't become "distracted" by the war in Iraq, Obama said.

As a result, al-Qaida now is "stronger than at any time since 2001" in Afghanistan and neighboring parts of Pakistan, he said.

But Obama went on to criticize the Bush administration's suspension of the right of habeas corpus for suspected terrorists.

"Habeas corpus ... is the foundation of Anglo-American law, which says very simply, if the government grabs you, then you have the right to at least ask, `Why was I grabbed?' and say, `Maybe, you've got the wrong person.'

"The reason we have that safeguard is we don't always have the right person. We don't always catch the right person.

"We may think this is Muhammad the terrorist. It might be Muhammad the cab driver. You may think it's Barack the bomb-thrower. But it might be Barack, the guy running for president."

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Re: Obama said he is a decedent of bomb throwers
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 09:34:22 AM »
Do you even know what decedent means, you colossal fucktard?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama said he is a decendent of bomb throwers
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 09:35:47 AM »
Now science has taken over and the "law of parsimoney" applies....

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 09:36:25 AM »
"Habeas corpus ... is the foundation of Anglo-American law, which says very simply, if the government grabs you, then you have the right to at least ask, `Why was I grabbed?' and say, `Maybe, you've got the wrong person.'

Should we also give this guy some tickets to a theme park as well?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Obama said he is a decedent of bomb throwers
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 09:37:07 AM »
Barack the bomb thrower has no rights under US law, Barrack the US citizen, of course, does. I would expect Barrack the dumbass to realize this. I would also expect him to realize Bin Laden has no rights either.

Hey Calmus...do u post anything but insults...self loathing lib douchbag.
L

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 09:37:29 AM »
WTF is "decendent" dumbass?

Did you ride the shortbus to school?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 09:39:05 AM »
WTF is "decendent" dumbass?

Did you ride the shortbus to school?

you took the bar 3 times correct? and your worried about a typo? haha

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Obama said he is a descendent of bomb throwers
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 09:41:23 AM »
in answer to a woman's rambling question about civil liberties.

"My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty," the woman declaimed. "I want our freedom back."

Haha so in order for Americans to get their civil liberties back, we have to appease terrorists. smart

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 09:41:41 AM »
It's "Descendant" you grade A moron.  And you don't make typos. You spell like somebody in fifth grade trying to sound like a grownup.

A typo is not adding an "e" to a word like parsimony. That's just plain retardedness.

And decedent is a completely different word than descendant.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 09:44:51 AM »
It's "Descendant" you grade A moron.  And you don't make typos. You spell like somebody in fifth grade trying to sound like a grownup.

A typo is not adding an "e" to a word like parsimony. That's just plain retardedness.

And decedent is a completely different word than descendant.

so the bar "3" times huh, wow.

sometimes people are not meant to do things, your not meant to be a lawyer but a county book keeping clerk.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 09:46:49 AM »
so the bar "3" times huh, wow.

sometimes people are not meant to do things, your not meant to be a lawyer but a county book keeping clerk.

lol. I also failed step 2 4 times.  But they let me take step 3 anyway.