Author Topic: Ken Shamrock on fighting Kimbo  (Read 9640 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Ken Shamrock on fighting Kimbo
« on: September 11, 2008, 02:24:55 AM »
While many have openly questioned MMA legend Ken Shamrock's chances against the bruising brawler and street-fighting-legend Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson, Shamrock has remained steadfast in his beliefs that he will emerge victorious from EliteXC's Oct. 4 main event.

In fact, Shamrock believes he will expose Slice's multiple inadequacies.

"I'm going to win the fight," Shamrock said. "I'm going to expose Kimbo. Kimbo's going to be exposed in a lot of different ways."

"[Slice] -- somewhere down the road -- is going to be very, very impressive," Shamrock said. "But right at this point in time I think he's moving up too fast. He's getting a lot of credibility where he hasn't really fought anybody that has any recognition of a ground game. And he hasn't fought anybody with any recognition of a good stand-up game."

"Obviously [the ground game] is going to be one aspect of the game," Shamrock said. "Everybody knows that if I get it to the ground, going for the leg lock, obviously that's there. But [Slice] knows that's there. So I've got to bring a few other tricks to the game."

Z

Pecs

• Getbig IV
Re: Ken Shamrock on fighting Kimbo
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 04:52:18 AM »
Really hope that ken can back up his talk.....

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 05:52:38 AM »
While many have openly questioned MMA legend Ken Shamrock's chances against the bruising brawler and street-fighting-legend Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson, Shamrock has remained steadfast in his beliefs that he will emerge victorious from EliteXC's Oct. 4 main event.

In fact, Shamrock believes he will expose Slice's multiple inadequacies.

"I'm going to win the fight," Shamrock said. "I'm going to expose Kimbo. Kimbo's going to be exposed in a lot of different ways."

"[Slice] -- somewhere down the road -- is going to be very, very impressive," Shamrock said. "But right at this point in time I think he's moving up too fast. He's getting a lot of credibility where he hasn't really fought anybody that has any recognition of a ground game. And he hasn't fought anybody with any recognition of a good stand-up game."
"Obviously [the ground game] is going to be one aspect of the game," Shamrock said. "Everybody knows that if I get it to the ground, going for the leg lock, obviously that's there. But [Slice] knows that's there. So I've got to bring a few other tricks to the game."

When the fight is over he sril wont have achieved this because Kens standup has a proven record of being average at best and has steadily declined over the years. I want him to win but I just dont see it happening.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 06:29:47 AM »
I can['t believe vegas odds are -500 for slice, +300 shammy

this fight will be fixed.  personally, if it weren't, i'd say ken should have an easy win against a very amateur mma.  Shouldn't be a problem for him. 

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 11:51:29 AM »

this fight will be fixed.  personally, if it weren't, i'd say ken should have an easy win against a very amateur mma.  Shouldn't be a problem for him. 

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZUS!  WOW! Those odds are insane!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 12:39:44 PM »

already got your scapegoat huh....the only way kimbo wins is if its fixed...yea ok.
DAWG

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 02:16:50 AM »
“That is absolutely what this (fight) is. I’m absolutely taking it as an insult, and I’m going to smash it back in their face. All I’ve got to say is that I apologize for my last couple of performances. I have no excuses. On October 4, I will shut everybody up and make amends for those [defeats] by putting Kimbo’s lights out. When you fight a guy like Kimbo, experience is irrelevant. I’m not walking in thinking I’m smarter than him or that I’m going to outskill him. I’m going back to the old Ken Shamrock. I’m going to beat you down and ask questions later. I don’t respect his power. The only time he’s knocked anyone out is when they were tired. At this point, I have no respect for him at all. I’m going in there to whip his ass.” - Ken Shamrock
Z

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 02:30:56 AM »
“That is absolutely what this (fight) is. I’m absolutely taking it as an insult, and I’m going to smash it back in their face. All I’ve got to say is that I apologize for my last couple of performances. I have no excuses. On October 4, I will shut everybody up and make amends for those [defeats] by putting Kimbo’s lights out. When you fight a guy like Kimbo, experience is irrelevant. I’m not walking in thinking I’m smarter than him or that I’m going to outskill him. I’m going back to the old Ken Shamrock. I’m going to beat you down and ask questions later. I don’t respect his power. The only time he’s knocked anyone out is when they were tired. At this point, I have no respect for him at all. I’m going in there to whip his ass.” - Ken Shamrock

Dude..He's got to say fairy tale shit like this to sell PPV.   ::)

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 02:39:16 AM »

The only thing Kenny boy has hit hard recently is the fucking floor - the guys back should be made of canvas.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 02:47:56 AM »
good ol trash-talking shamrock  ;D
Z

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 05:36:36 AM »
already got your scapegoat huh....the only way kimbo wins is if its fixed...yea ok.
;)
!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 08:24:14 AM »
Dude..He's got to say fairy tale shit like this to sell PPV.   ::)

It's a PPV? That sucks, they should have put it on CBS or Showtime. I am not paying for that shit.
E

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 11:22:11 PM »
It's a PPV? That sucks, they should have put it on CBS or Showtime. I am not paying for that shit.

It is on CBS. 

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 11:38:24 PM »
It is on CBS. 

When?  And shamrock will win
No Worries 4 me

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 11:43:58 PM »
When?  And shamrock will win

October 4th, 9 o clock I believe.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 12:32:47 PM »
bad  >:(
ken should footlock the ape  ;D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 12:42:41 PM »
bad  >:(
ken should footlock the ape will get his old ass knocked the fuck out.  ;D
Fixed
!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 05:37:04 PM »
I'm guessing kimbo will bring Ken down to his level and make this an incredibly bad and boring fight....

I won't even dignify this crap by making a prediction

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 05:49:05 PM »
I'm guessing kimbo will bring Ken down to his level and make this an incredibly bad and boring fight....

I won't even dignify this crap by making a prediction

Nobody cares either way, "Geo".  ::)

I'm looking forward to an entertaining win for Kimbo!
!

ASJChaotic

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 06:01:41 PM »
is his beard legal in fighting?  ???
that could be like a pillow for his jaw and get in the way of punches landing

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 06:11:10 PM »
Nobody cares either way, "Geo".  ::)

I'm looking forward to an entertaining win for Kimbo!

the fact you're looking forward to a kimbo fight speaks volumes !

;D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 06:43:39 PM »

;D
Yes, yes it does!  ;)
!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »

;D

agreed this fight is not that great. i would rather watch Nate Diaz any night. kimbo is a chump. Rogers will own him an he wouldnt last n Affliction or UFC!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 05:17:02 AM »

agreed this fight is not that great. i would rather watch Nate Diaz any night. kimbo is a chump. Rogers will own him an he wouldnt last n Affliction or UFC!
No one will force you to watch it...yet you will, and you will comment about it on this board the next day, especially if Kimbo should lose.  ;)
Nobody wants to see Rogers with his wack homemade mohawk. LOL Dude tried to talk his way into a big payday fight and got promptly ignored.
!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 06:38:16 AM »
No one will force you to watch it...yet you will, and you will comment about it on this board the next day, especially if Kimbo should lose.  ;)
Nobody wants to see Rogers with his wack homemade mohawk. LOL Dude tried to talk his way into a big payday fight and got promptly ignored.

I would watch any free fight.. Who wouldn't, but it doesnt mean that I am looking forward to it? However you are a kimbo fan... For what reason I don't know. BTW Rogers did not get ignored he was blown off because he would show how big of a fake Kimbo is and how he would be ruined by any one not over 50... Oh and btw like I said before Rogers is a B class HW at best, so what does that make Kimbo?