Author Topic: Another Fantansy Football Who should i start?  (Read 4087 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Another Fantansy Football Who should i start?
« on: September 24, 2008, 08:18:52 AM »
I have the Bills Defense vs. the Rams

or 

The Titans Defense vs. the Vikings

Which Defense should i start?

I'm leaning towards the Bills

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
Re: Another Fantansy Football Who should i start?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 08:25:58 AM »
I have the Bills Defense vs. the Rams

or 

The Titans Defense vs. the Vikings

Which Defense should i start?

I'm leaning towards the Bills

I say Titans. They shouldn't loose the starting Job just yet. Plus the vikings could get owned by them with the new QB starting.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 10:38:36 AM »
The Rams have one of the worst offenses in football, but so did Miami. 

I'd stick with the Titans.  They have been outstanding for three weeks in a row.  The Vikings aren't exactly a juggernaut on O either.  They have AP and not much else.   

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 07:45:24 PM »
I say Titans.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 08:05:44 PM »
titans d, bills will probably make the playoffs but not as solid d as titans

plus gus ferotte. ugh

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 10:08:09 AM »
Depends on what approach you like to take.

Do you go with a hot hand or do you play the matchup game?

If it were me, I would take the Bills D going up against the worst offense in football. The Rams are averging less than 9 points a game on offense. Steven Jackson has no holes to run through because the O-line is terrible. Schobel and the D-line should make a mockery of the Rams offense.
The Titans are equally as good at D-line but Minnesota has a terrific O-line with Hutchison, Birk, and Mckinnie.

The Titans will have their hands full trying to stop Peterson. Bet on it.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 10:21:59 AM »
Depends on what approach you like to take.

Do you go with a hot hand or do you play the matchup game?

If it were me, I would take the Bills D going up against the worst offense in football. The Rams are averging less than 9 points a game on offense. Steven Jackson has no holes to run through because the O-line is terrible. Schobel and the D-line should make a mockery of the Rams offense.
The Titans are equally as good at D-line but Minnesota has a terrific O-line with Hutchison, Birk, and Mckinnie.

The Titans will have their hands full trying to stop Peterson. Bet on it.

That's why i'm leaning towards the Bills.   Although the titans are rated higher.   

I'm still not 100% sure.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 10:54:40 AM »
That's why i'm leaning towards the Bills.   Although the titans are rated higher.   

I'm still not 100% sure.

How can you ever be sure? It's FANTASY football.

Take the Bills D---you'll thank me later.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 03:09:17 PM »
i agree with guts but it also depends on how your league scores, titans might have more points scored on them but will probably cause more fumbles and interceptions and more than likely more sacks than the bills but the bills will probably not get scored on as much.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 07:53:43 PM »
I went with the Bills who scored me 10 vs titans who scored me 8 on my reserves.

Thanks for the input.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 11:53:05 AM »
Should have asked about your scoring system.   :-[  They both scored 16 points in my league (NFL.com). 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »
i agree with guts but it also depends on how your league scores, titans might have more points scored on them but will probably cause more fumbles and interceptions and more than likely more sacks than the bills but the bills will probably not get scored on as much.
LOL ya all leagues score a little different

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 09:11:17 AM »
Need some suggestions about who to start at QB this week. My #1 Qb is Rothlesberger but he's on a bye week. My #2 is Carson Palmer but he is not starting this week because of injury.

That leaves Gus Freotte(who I picked up on the waiver wire) against the Lions defense.(which is 4th worst against the pass).

OR

Matt Cassel against the Chargers(who suprisingly have the leagues worst pass defense, giving up 256 yards a game through the air.)

I'm kind of leaning toward Freotte because he's playing at home and the Lions are awful. I'm wary of starting Cassel because the game's in San diego and the chargers have some good playmakers on defense.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2008, 11:29:47 AM »
ferrotte played good last monday night , go wth him ....
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 12:32:30 PM »
Gus.  The Lions are a mess. 

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 06:39:10 PM »
peterson will have the big day against the lion defense which is probably gonna keep Ferrottes numbers down

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 06:46:09 PM »
Need some suggestions about who to start at QB this week. My #1 Qb is Rothlesberger but he's on a bye week. My #2 is Carson Palmer but he is not starting this week because of injury.

That leaves Gus Freotte(who I picked up on the waiver wire) against the Lions defense.(which is 4th worst against the pass).

OR

Matt Cassel against the Chargers(who suprisingly have the leagues worst pass defense, giving up 256 yards a game through the air.)

I'm kind of leaning toward Freotte because he's playing at home and the Lions are awful. I'm wary of starting Cassel because the game's in San diego and the chargers have some good playmakers on defense.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

go with cassel, my gut tells me

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 11:54:40 PM »
peterson will have the big day against the lion defense which is probably gonna keep Ferrottes numbers down
i agree with this but i dont like cassel against the chargers...id go with freotte he will probably have a decent game maybe no TD's but good yardage and maybe you will get lucky and they will run some screens to peterson for a TD.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 08:32:15 AM »
Thanks guys. I will go with Freotte then against the Lions. It's what my gut tells me also.

Chargers may be ranked last against the pass statistically, but they have some ballhawks in the secondary with Cromartie, Jammer, and Weddle. They're coming off a tough loss to Miami and playing at home against the Patriots so they'll will be cranked up to play in front of a national audience.

I hope I'm right about this.... :-\

body88

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 08:58:49 AM »
Thanks guys. I will go with Freotte then against the Lions. It's what my gut tells me also.

Chargers may be ranked last against the pass statistically, but they have some ballhawks in the secondary with Cromartie, Jammer, and Weddle. They're coming off a tough loss to Miami and playing at home against the Patriots so they'll will be cranked up to play in front of a national audience.

I hope I'm right about this.... :-\

Weddle has zero coverage skills.  Expect to see him thrown at all game.  The chargers are in must win mode, and this is of of the games I thought that patriots could lose this year.  I am looking for progress from Cassel today.  He has shown steady progress since week one during each game, and he is on the right track.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 09:26:24 AM »
Weddle has zero coverage skills.  Expect to see him thrown at all game.  The chargers are in must win mode, and this is of of the games I thought that patriots could lose this year.  I am looking for progress from Cassel today.  He has shown steady progress since week one during each game, and he is on the right track.

You're right about Weddle's coverage skills but he always seems to be around the ball when it pops loose. Expect him to improve in that area because he's only 23 years old. He has good instincts for such a young player.

body88

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 10:28:23 AM »
You're right about Weddle's coverage skills but he always seems to be around the ball when it pops loose. Expect him to improve in that area because he's only 23 years old. He has good instincts for such a young player.

True, I'm talking about now though.  Cassel and Moss hooked up for a long bomb last week, and I think the kids confidence is starting to shine.  He has improved week to week, and since the coverage is so bad for SD right now, I see the pats running the ball (until the chargers start stacking the box), and then starting to air it out.  Welker cannot be stopped in the slot, and the pats are going to get some shots down field with Moss.  Weddle is a fine player, but as of right now a liability vs the pass.

It depends on what version of the chargers we get.  If the pats are playing well, they are better than the chargers, but the chargers are hungry and I think they feel that this game is a mini superbowl.  As I said before, I saw this game as a loss for the pats when I saw the schedule.....but since the chargers are injured, things might have changed.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 01:21:59 PM »
True, I'm talking about now though.  Cassel and Moss hooked up for a long bomb last week, and I think the kids confidence is starting to shine.  He has improved week to week, and since the coverage is so bad for SD right now, I see the pats running the ball (until the chargers start stacking the box), and then starting to air it out.  Welker cannot be stopped in the slot, and the pats are going to get some shots down field with Moss.  Weddle is a fine player, but as of right now a liability vs the pass.

It depends on what version of the chargers we get.  If the pats are playing well, they are better than the chargers, but the chargers are hungry and I think they feel that this game is a mini superbowl.  As I said before, I saw this game as a loss for the pats when I saw the schedule.....but since the chargers are injured, things might have changed.

Ugh. Ravens got ass-raped by the Colts today. Flacco threw 3 int's. He is going through some serious growing pains right now. 5 picks in the last two games. Ugly!

I guess it's better to experience these rough patches early in the season. Hopefully, he'll learn from this and get better.

body88

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 02:14:40 PM »
Ugh. Ravens got ass-raped by the Colts today. Flacco threw 3 int's. He is going through some serious growing pains right now. 5 picks in the last two games. Ugly!

I guess it's better to experience these rough patches early in the season. Hopefully, he'll learn from this and get better.

Don't sweat it. Flacco is going to be a fine player for you.  The Ravens have a great young D, a young qb with a lot of talent, and they are on the path to fix the Offensive woes they have suffered from for years.

The pats are going through the same situation with Cassel.  You have to make mistakes to grow.  I have watched Flacco, barring some major change, I see him being a good NFL QB in the future.  I thought of him as a Bledsoe like player, but he is MUCH more mobile.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2008, 12:47:37 PM »
I have four receivers but can start only 3.

I had been starting Randy Moss, Santana Moss, and Calvin Johnson, with Mushin Mohammed on the bench.   Both of the Moss' have been terrible lately, but I know Santana's alway been hit or miss.

I guess my question is does Randy get another shot against a putrid Denver D, or should Mushin get it, or should Santana sit?

I watched the last quarter of the Pats game last week, and it appeared that, even with 1 on 1 coverage, Cassell couldn't get the ball to Moss.
Y