Author Topic: Any hockey fans?  (Read 3589 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Any hockey fans?
« on: October 26, 2008, 08:04:04 PM »
The only pro team sport I enjoy is hockey.
I have mid week game season tickets for the ATlanta Thrashers and go to the Gwinett Gladiator games ( minor leaue team)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: Any hockey fans?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 08:05:02 PM »
this belongs in the WGAS subforum  of Getbig

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 09:13:58 PM »
yes i am a pens fan, which means my team will be owning yours and everybody elses for the next 10 years 8)

E
E

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 09:20:11 PM »
yes i am a penis fan, which means my team will be owning yours and everybody elses for the next 10 years 8)

E

Skeeter

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 03:34:01 AM »
I love hockey. Favorite team is the Montreal Canadiens.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 03:47:17 AM »
Not a huge hockey fan, may check out the games during the Stanley Cup, but other than that I don't particularly care for it.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 11:24:53 AM »
yes i am a penis fan

hey bud we're talking hockey here

E
E

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 03:08:18 PM »
Not a huge hockey fan, may check out the games during the Stanley Cup, but other than that I don't particularly care for it.
I got back into it last yr ,after years away from it .I grew up in NH and playing hockey was my first real sport.
I have a 20 home game package for the ATL Thrashers and season club seats for the minor league version Gwinett Gladiators about 40 min outside of ATL.
The game moves real fast and is pretty wild. Great athletes, and pretty tough boys as well. Ya gotta skate, and work the puck/stick and body check when needed. I am not big on violence but hockey fights are old school fist fights.Unlike other sports in hockey you only get a 5 min penalty if you get into a 1 on 1 fist and grab fight and don't use a stick or "fight dirty" ;D

rk272727

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 03:14:05 PM »
The only pro team sport I enjoy is hockey.
I have mid week game season tickets for the ATlanta Thrashers and go to the Gwinett Gladiator games ( minor leaue team)
  bring back old school hockey and no this pussy ass dont touch me hockey we have now pathetic
b

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 03:14:58 PM »
hello howrd

id like to hit you with a hockey stick right in the face

Z

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 03:25:43 PM »
Male hockey (field) is perhaps the gayest sport ever.

We discussed this earlier...tennis is kinda gay, badminton also.

Cricket is pure faggotry

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 03:46:16 PM »
I'm going to the red wings vs. sharks thursday night, should be a great one.  GO SHARKS.

cauthon

• Getbig II
  • Craig Killed for you Bitches
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »
I got back into it last yr ,after years away from it .I grew up in NH and playing hockey was my first real sport.
I have a 20 home game package for the ATL Thrashers and season club seats for the minor league version Gwinett Gladiators about 40 min outside of ATL.
The game moves real fast and is pretty wild. Great athletes, and pretty tough boys as well. Ya gotta skate, and work the puck/stick and body check when needed. I am not big on violence but hockey fights are old school fist fights.Unlike other sports in hockey you only get a 5 min penalty if you get into a 1 on 1 fist and grab fight and don't use a stick or "fight dirty" ;D

I learned to skate when I was three and played hockey up till I graduated High School. Dont follow it much any more but Oilers all the way. If you like hockey you should check out Box Lacrosse. Two handed clubbing the other guy in the head is a legal move. Need I say more?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 07:05:33 PM »
  bring back old school hockey and no this pussy ass dont touch me hockey we have now pathetic
wtf? Did you see the last week highlight of the Bruins/ Maple Leaves? Luci from Boston actually put a guy thru the glass on a legal check!It shattered the glass, it was awesome 8)
The game is as physical as ever. I don't understand what you mean. Some savage checks can be seen all the time and a few good fights as well.

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 07:15:22 PM »
 here is a break down of some of the rules

Odilly

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 08:56:12 AM »
Next Thursday I'm goin to the Garden for the Rangers game.it's my first hockey game ever.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 05:22:28 AM »

wtf? Did you see the last week highlight of the Bruins/ Maple Leaves? Luci from Boston actually put a guy thru the glass on a legal check!It shattered the glass, it was awesome 8)
The game is as physical as ever. I don't understand what you mean. Some savage checks can be seen all the time and a few good fights as well.

sorry Howard but i've folowed hockey my whole life and rk is totally right. go back 10-15 years and hockey was way more physical. games were filled with hard checks up against the boards and open ice hits. even fighting was a different beast.
now with all the new rules the guys are afraid to touch anybody. charging, boarding, instigator penalties have taken ALOT of the physical part of the game away. yes some of the rules are meant to protect the players but they have also made them afraid to "play".

i remember watching guys go full speed half way across the rink and plow a guy into the boards.then usually a team mate would grab that guy and lay a beating on him .
now if you did that its a charging penalty..and if a player saw you coming(some of them) would turn into the boards and cause you to get a boarding penalty as well and possibly a game misconduct. and the team mate would get an instigator penalty for starting the fight.   sad  :-\

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 07:15:22 AM »
I never liked hockey...as a matter of fact I hated hockey until I went to an Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullie's game. Then I saw the reason why there are so many hardcore hockey fans. It's actually pretty fun to watch. I still don't watch it on a regular basis but I enjoy it when I do. Besides, the Flyers suck and that makes it harder to watch around here.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 11:17:23 AM »
Besides, the Flyers suck and that makes it harder to watch around here.

they made the east finals

E
E

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 11:42:05 AM »
they made the east finals

E

Not gonna happen this year. If the Flyers make the east finals this year...the Steelers will make the Superbowl and I'll become an astronaut...J/K. ;D
I Bleed PhillyEagle