Author Topic: Abortion...  (Read 6890 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Abortion...
« on: October 30, 2008, 08:48:08 PM »
Abortion outweighs many issues for many people, how bad would a candidate need to be for the abortion voters to put that issue on the back burner?

???
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
Re: Abortion...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 08:53:10 PM »
Hypothetical:

If Bristol Palin ( ;D) ran against a good candidate in 2012 who was pro choice, would the religious right endorse and vote for Bristol just because she was pro life?  ???
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:56:08 PM »
Seriously....

Anyone?
S

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 08:57:03 PM »
Hypothetical:

If Bristol Palin ( ;D) ran against a good candidate in 2012 who was pro choice, would the religious right endorse and vote for Bristol just because she was pro life?  ???

Probably. These people have tunnel vision. Nothing else matters to them.  :(
w

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 08:57:57 PM »
For what it's worth it blows my mind that people will focus on that as their number one issue as opposed to all the important shit out there.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 09:02:13 PM »
Abortion outweighs many issues for many people, how bad would a candidate need to be for the abortion voters to put that issue on the back burner?

???

No.

It's the only thing they care about. Any candidate, regardless of platform, is fine with them as long as they are anti-abortion.

Invade the world, spend all the money, go into debt, grow the govt, create a new branch of Govt, tap cell phones, lose your home or single wide and that's fine because abortion is way more important then shrinking freedom and growing debt.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 09:05:19 PM »
the poor religious republicans...

they give 10% of their $ to a business called a church each week already.

they have no problem letting the rich keep more. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 09:07:59 PM »
the poor religious republicans...

they give 10% of their $ to a business called a church each week already.

they have no problem letting the rich keep more. 

You're absolutely right, the church my cousin and her family (who votes only on ''morality'' issues) belong to is run like a business.  It's a new church with a giant congregation.  They have billboards all over town.

It seems like the ''born again'' types are mainly the ones who do this... 

S

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 09:13:07 PM »
A guy I work with is like that.  He stated he was for McCain because of his moral values on abortion.  That shit drives me nuts.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 09:22:00 PM »
No.

It's the only thing they care about. Any candidate, regardless of platform, is fine with them as long as they are anti-abortion.

Invade the world, spend all the money, go into debt, grow the govt, create a new branch of Govt, tap cell phones, lose your home or single wide and that's fine because abortion is way more important then shrinking freedom and growing debt.

Yes, correct. Nation can fall apart around you, killing people worldwide is fine, but must not allow a 13 year old rape victim to end a pregnancy. :)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 09:30:31 PM »
Yes, correct. Nation can fall apart around you, killing people worldwide is fine, but must not allow a 13 year old rape victim to end a pregnancy. :)

Those people don't really matter to Americans.

You live in the Carrib where chicks have to fight for 'milk money'. :) We have welfare and might have a lower rate of minority abortions than people assume because people end up getting a check. America actually has families that have been on welfare since the 50's, they just keep having babies... broke or not because it's considered a right and way out of mom's house in the hood. :)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 10:03:13 PM »
Those people don't really matter to Americans.

You live in the Carrib where chicks have to fight for 'milk money'. :) We have welfare and might have a lower rate of minority abortions than people assume because people end up getting a check. America actually has families that have been on welfare since the 50's, they just keep having babies... broke or not because it's considered a right and way out of mom's house in the hood. :)

I know, when I lived there and the UK I met people whom welfare was a "way of life" like handed down almost.

My island abortion is illegal, always has been, except in cases of mothers life in danger. Many more things are illegal here, gambling etc - we are extremely religious as a whole, like massively. People would flip if they said to legalize abortion, wouldn't occur. Culture is *very* different though, so it's a whole different ballgame.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 10:50:13 PM »
For what it's worth it blows my mind that people will focus on that as their number one issue as opposed to all the important shit out there.

Totally agree.
No doubt about it...

The Coach

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 10:59:38 PM »
Rob, Spoken like someone who went to Catholic school and like most Catholics never read the bible.

Jag, translation to your answer....."If a someone gets knocked up and can't afford the kid....kill it". Am I close on that one Judy?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 11:04:08 PM »
Rob, Spoken like someone who went to Catholic school and like most Catholics never read the bible.

Jag, translation to your answer....."If a someone gets knocked up and can't afford the kid....kill it". Am I close on that one Judy?

not even, ...but at least you're consistent in your ignorance.  :)
w

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 11:09:55 PM »

Here in Cali, people care more about prop 8 (Gay Marriage) than any other issue or election.

Amazing...

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 03:14:09 AM »
IMO, abortion is wrong.

It's a very important issue but not the one and only issue.

Rob, as far as those that give 10 percent of their income to a "business" called a church - well, it's like any other charity isn't it?

And more importantly it's their CHOICE - not the governments.

Weird. I'd think someone that's voting Libertarian (Bob Barr) would understand that.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 03:50:15 AM »
non issue
DAWG

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 04:29:41 AM »
Better to abort a kid than let it grow up on welfare.... right Joe?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 06:26:20 AM »
Here in Cali, people care more about prop 8 (Gay Marriage) than any other issue or election.

Amazing...
Because families don't want their kids exposed to that shit.
Squishy face retard

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 07:26:14 AM »
And more importantly it's their CHOICE - not the governments.

Exactly. Why it's called PRO CHOICE. Don't like abortion? Don't have one, but don't tell some women what she can do with her own body. Just as you said, government should not dictate such things, including what we choose to do with our own body, and yes, the mothers rights trump that of the fetus. Every day, every time.

leland000

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 07:36:33 AM »
Exactly. Why it's called PRO CHOICE. the male who played an integral role in fertilization has no choice? what about the child...no choice?
Don't like abortion? Don't have one, horrible logic which makes zero sense...not talking about not watching a tv show
but don't tell some women what she can do with her own body. the body of the child?
Just as you said, government should not dictate such things, including what we choose to do with our own body, should they allow us free reign in regards to what we do with anothers body?
and yes, the mothers rights trump that of the fetus. so you believe a fetus has rights? Every day, every time.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 07:54:38 AM »
Exactly. Why it's called PRO CHOICE. Don't like abortion? Don't have one, but don't tell some women what she can do with her own body. Just as you said, government should not dictate such things, including what we choose to do with our own body, and yes, the mothers rights trump that of the fetus. Every day, every time.

Then there should be blanket executions of murderers and rapists.  If the life of an innocent baby is not worth a damn then it sure isn't worth keeping the shit of society alive.  Can we stick a knife in the back of Kevin Cooper's head?
Squishy face retard

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 08:00:24 AM »

Amazing...

You see them on intersections with their yellow yes on 8 signs?

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 08:15:58 AM »

First, learn how to quote. It's not rocket science.

" the male who played an integral role in fertilization has no choice? what about the child...no choice?"

None, nadda, zip.

"horrible logic which makes zero sense"

Perfectly logical.

", should they allow us free reign in regards to what we do with anothers body?"

Talk about goofy faulty logic...

"so you believe a fetus has rights?"

Nope. For me, if it's in my body, attached to my body, growing in my body, my rights trump any others period. Once outside my body/does not rely on my body directly for survival, it has rights as a living human being. You cant try and twist it anyway you want, use 4th grader semantics, etc, it will not change.

I would like to see more funds and effort into reducing pregnancy rates, which would lead to less abortions. Funds for education (which correlates well to reduced unwanted teen pregnancy rates) and other measures to reduce unwanted pregnancy which = less abortion. These measures are exactly what has been cut back on by the current anti abortion administration. I would like to see anyone who is anti abortion forced to adopt those kids sitting in adoption homes unwanted. How many have YOU personally adopted while telling women they have to keep them? My guess, like 99.9% of anti abortion types, would be none.

All talk from your comp, no actual personal work or experience helping to prevent pregnancy, etc, etc. I at least have done some volunteer work in clinics and such.

I would like to see less unwanted pregnancies, and funds and effort put to that end, which will = less abortions. We have far too many of them in this country. However, at the end of the day, the womens rights to her own body trump all others.