Author Topic: Should I get a X-Box 360 or a PS3?  (Read 20694 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Should I get a X-Box 360 or a PS3?
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2010, 07:11:50 PM »
i think i'm going with the ps3

blu ray player
gaming library is growing and looks more impressive for the future
no red ring of death
free online, i don't see how the 360's is that much better
all of 360's exclusives can be played on your computer
god of war 3, i must own this game

sony started out behind, but looks like it will finish first in the end :)

E

Sony farms out it's online to a third party, Microsoft doesn't.  Sony's online is far inferior.  Google about the MW2 issues when it came out.  Netflix streaming has issues, etc..  That's stuff you don't want.  Plus, the rumors are building that they're going to charge for it soon.  A lot of games don't have voice support, and you can't communicate with friends who are playing different games.

The new Jasper drive XBoxs don't get the RRod.  The poster who referred to his friends Elites most likely didn't have this drive.  You have to make sure you get the right one.

Sony won't finish first.  They've lost tons of cash on the PS3.  The non-threat of a PS4 is why Microsoft is going to extend the life cycle of the 360 even further.  Check out videos for Project Natal - that is going to be some cool shit.

Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2010, 07:13:36 PM »
I am sure that it does. The slim one is supposed to be even better then the Original PS3'S that came out. I would check out a Gamestop or one of "Those" people who know all about gaming systems.  

You shouldn't be sure because it doesn't.  It only plays PSOne games, not PS2.  And it only plays PSOne games because you can download them and it has a built in emulator.
Y

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2010, 07:17:23 PM »
You shouldn't be sure because it doesn't.  It only plays PSOne games, not PS2.  And it only plays PSOne games because you can download them and it has a built in emulator.

I would still ask someone who works for Gamestop and knows what they are talking about. I enjoy my PS3 and my X-BOX 360 "ELIETE" is not even close in the race with PS3.
D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2010, 07:34:56 PM »
I would still ask someone who works for Gamestop and knows what they are talking about. I enjoy my PS3 and my X-BOX 360 "ELIETE" is not even close in the race with PS3.

Did my posts in the thread give you the impression that I don't know what I'm taking about?

It's fine if you enjoy your PS3, it's all subjective.  I just think Earl should have all the facts, and some of the stuff you were saying was just wrong.

But, as far as the Xbox not even being close in the race with the PS3, you're right - Microsoft destroyed Sony by a large margin.  All the data supports this.

An Earl, as far as backward compatibility,I should have said you will have it if you  can find a launch console, or one of the repackaged MGS editions.  But still not with the PS3 Slim.
Y

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2010, 07:40:17 PM »
Did my posts in the thread give you the impression that I don't know what I'm taking about?

It's fine if you enjoy your PS3, it's all subjective.  I just think Earl should have all the facts, and some of the stuff you were saying was just wrong.

But, as far as the Xbox not even being close in the race with the PS3, you're right - Microsoft destroyed Sony by a large margin.  All the data supports this.

An Earl, as far as backward compatibility, you will have it if you  can find a launch console, or one of the repackaged MGS editions.   The slim does not have it.

I guess my friends brand new X-BOX 360'S ELIETES just quit working for no reason and they were brand new. Why would i need a launch console to play backward compatibility?? I bought a 80 GB and does everything that i want and more. My X-BOX 360 Elite just sits there and gets no love because it is a inferior gaming system. What scared most people away from the PS3 was the price.
D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2010, 07:57:06 PM »
I guess my friends brand new X-BOX 360'S ELIETES just quit working for no reason and they were brand new. Why would i need a launch console to play backward compatibility?? I bought a 80 GB and does everything that i want and more. My X-BOX 360 Elite just sits there and gets no love because it is a inferior gaming system. What scared most people away from the PS3 was the price.

You can still buy Elites with the old drives.  Like I said, you have to check.

Earl would need a launch console for backward compatibility since the new ones don't have it.

The Xbox is not inferior, and I'm not a Sony hater - I have a PS3.  The Xbox 360 just did everything better, outside of blu-ray and certain types of streaming, and had better exclusive titles.   Look at the numbers - they tell the story.   As far as price point - the Xbox beat Sony AGAIN this holiday season, even after the price drop.

Nobody's telling you not to enjoy your console, and nobody's telling you you're wrong to do so.   I'm just trying to give Earl both side of what's really going on.  When you say incorrect stuff like the slim is backwards compatible and that you have to buy a $70 headset for the Xbox, it could sway him to make a decision he might regret.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2010, 10:35:40 PM »
fuck i don't know what to do now :-\

E
E

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2010, 11:42:22 PM »
Don't kid yourselves, the PS3 also has it's own version of the Ring of Death. The PS3 controller sucks compared to the 360 and the graphics are still inferior to the XBOX although they have been improving lately. The 360`s disc reader is loud as fuck, no doubt about that. I got my head set with my console so I don't know where this $70 charge is coming from, there are all sorts package options out now that come with different titles and components, so you can choose what suits your needs.

Overall they are both great systems but I`ll still perfer to stick with my 360 despite having to go through 2 of them already.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2010, 07:14:32 AM »
fuck i don't know what to do now :-\

E

Sorry Earl.

Maybe we should scale it back.  What type of games do you like to play?
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2010, 12:24:28 PM »
Sorry Earl.

Maybe we should scale it back.  What type of games do you like to play?

resident evil, grand theft auto, god of war, silent hill, nhl

i'd say those are my favorites, the only ps3 exclusive is god of war

i mostly prefer action/adventure type games with a good story

i'm interested in the uncharted series on ps3, mass effect for 360

i likes shooters too, 360 has better exclusives but thsoe can be played on the computer

E

E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2010, 01:46:37 PM »

i likes shooters too, 360 has better exclusives but thsoe can be played on the computer

E

Only game that i really like on X-BOX 360 is Halo Games. I am into sports games and EA games just look better on PS3.  ;) I was always a Sony Guy and like the remote and the Sixaxis control system.

I like to sometimes come home and take a Nap and put in a DVD and i can't do that with the X-BOX 360.  8)
D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2010, 02:45:25 PM »

E

The trouble with PC gaming is that the whole hacker community destroyed it - i.e. now even the biggest release of all time, MW2, doesn't give them their own servers.

If you enjoy FPS shooters and want to play them online, XBox is the way to go.  Since the games sell so many more copies on the Xbox than the PS3, you're always  going to have a chance to get a better game.

Mass Effect 1 was eh, but Mass Effect two was very good, and I think it was the best selling January release ever.  Gears of War 1 & 2 were excellent.  Bioshock was amazing, and looks better on the XBox.  In fact, most games are developed for the XBox first, then adapted to the PS3.  It why games like Bioshock looked so much better.

The thing about the Sony exclusives, is that they don't sell so well.  So many of the supposed "console sellers were retail flops.  The Xbox has a much better track record.

As for Doug's DVD comment, I'm not sure what he means by that.  The 360 plays DVDs fine.

All that said, there's nothing wrong with the PS3.  The God of War series is excellent, and MGS is my favorite ever.  I just don't think it's enough to recommend the PS3 over the XBox.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2010, 04:08:03 PM »
DOUG - there is a free download of the game Flow at the PS3 store today only....
Y

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2010, 06:18:47 PM »
The trouble with PC gaming is that the whole hacker community destroyed it - i.e. now even the biggest release of all time, MW2, doesn't give them their own servers.

If you enjoy FPS shooters and want to play them online, XBox is the way to go.  Since the games sell so many more copies on the Xbox than the PS3, you're always  going to have a chance to get a better game.

Mass Effect 1 was eh, but Mass Effect two was very good, and I think it was the best selling January release ever.  Gears of War 1 & 2 were excellent.  Bioshock was amazing, and looks better on the XBox.  In fact, most games are developed for the XBox first, then adapted to the PS3.  It why games like Bioshock looked so much better.

The thing about the Sony exclusives, is that they don't sell so well.  So many of the supposed "console sellers were retail flops.  The Xbox has a much better track record.

As for Doug's DVD comment, I'm not sure what he means by that.  The 360 plays DVDs fine.

All that said, there's nothing wrong with the PS3.  The God of War series is excellent, and MGS is my favorite ever.  I just don't think it's enough to recommend the PS3 over the XBox.

It scratched about 7 of mine.  >:( I never loan out any DVD'S or any games or never rent games. I am a PS3 guy but let Earl do the research! I love the Blu-Ray and as we speak my friend is wrapping his X-BOX 360 ELIETE in a wet Towel and says that this will cure his X-BOX 360.  ::) ???
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2010, 07:25:11 PM »

i think the god of war series is what is driving me towards the ps3

how could a getbigger not love those games, they just ooze machismo :D

are resistance and killzone that much worse than halo and gears of war?

also some people mention the xbox controller being better, i'm used to the playstation controller and never had a problem with it

i still think the best is yet to come for the ps3

E
E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2010, 07:43:29 PM »

also some people mention the xbox controller being better, i'm used to the playstation controller and never had a problem with it  8)
 ::)

E

Smart move.  8) I cannot stand the X-BOX Controller and have always been a Playstation controller kind of guy too.  ;)
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2010, 08:45:56 PM »
Smart move.  8) I cannot stand the X-BOX Controller and have always been a Playstation controller kind of guy too.  ;)

what do you think of resistance/killzone vs halo/gears of war?

E
E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2010, 08:50:41 PM »
what do you think of resistance/killzone vs halo/gears of war?

E

Earl....I am a bigger sports fan but i like Resistance/Killzone more so then Halo/Gears of War but my friend Girls love Halo....They know that it is so easy and not much to playing Halo.  :)

Ohh and my friend will be sending back his third X-BOX 360 elite.... :o
D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2010, 06:38:13 AM »

also some people mention the xbox controller being better, i'm used to the playstation controller and never had a problem with it

E

GoW is an excellent series.  I have the remastered 1&2 for the PS3 right now.  There's a demo on it for 3.   But it's just one game.

The Gears of War series is flat out great, and Halo's appeal is the online multiplayer.  Looks at the sales per console of these games in relation to killzone, etc...

As for the controller, Sony's made no upgrades since the PSOne.  The best feature about the XBox controller is the offsett thumbsticks - it's more natural.  Plus the joysticks don't feel as loose.  I was fine on the PSOne and2 with the Sony controller, but after using the Xbox, it feels like a cheap piece of crap.

I don't think the best is yet to come for the PS3, as stated, MS has Project Natal coming, and MS is poised for one of it's biggest years yet this year with it's releases.
Y

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2010, 07:19:17 AM »
GoW is an excellent series.  I have the remastered 1&2 for the PS3 right now.  There's a demo on it for 3.   But it's just one game.

The Gears of War series is flat out great, and Halo's appeal is the online multiplayer.  Looks at the sales per console of these games in relation to killzone, etc...

As for the controller, Sony's made no upgrades since the PSOne.  The best feature about the XBox controller is the offsett thumbsticks - it's more natural.  Plus the joysticks don't feel as loose.  I was fine on the PSOne and2 with the Sony controller, but after using the Xbox, it feels like a cheap piece of crap.

I don't think the best is yet to come for the PS3, as stated, MS has Project Natal coming, and MS is poised for one of it's biggest years yet this year with it's releases.

X-BOX 360 uses batteries and feels like a cheap toy controller.  ;)
D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2010, 08:01:53 AM »
X-BOX 360 uses batteries and feels like a cheap toy controller.  ;)

I think you're going to take the Sony view no matter what.    But, I think it's pretty widespread that the PS3 controller feels light and cheap, and the thumbsticks are very loose.

Y

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2010, 09:11:11 AM »
I think you're going to take the Sony view no matter what.    But, I think it's pretty widespread that the PS3 controller feels light and cheap, and the thumbsticks are very loose.

I feel the same way about my X-BOX 360 controllers.  8) What the hell is with that headset? Another reason that i would not shell out $70 for their Blutooth.
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2010, 01:56:32 PM »

how are they remastered?

i think halo outsells killzone because the 360 was far cheaper than the ps3, now that the prices are similar i see the ps3 gaining ground

i like that sony didn't change the controller, that means i don't have to get used to a different one

project natal is like the wii?

this whole thing reminds me of the super nintendo sega genesis debates, everybdoy said sega was better when imo super nintendo was vastly superior, sega just had better marketing (remember "blast processing") and they also had sega channel

still can't decide :-\

E
E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2010, 01:59:50 PM »
how are they remastered?

i think halo outsells killzone because the 360 was far cheaper than the ps3, now that the prices are similar i see the ps3 gaining ground

That was the reason that i did not pick up a PS3 when they first came out. 

i like that sony didn't change the controller, that means i don't have to get used to a different one

project natal is like the wii?

this whole thing reminds me of the super nintendo sega genesis debates, everybdoy said sega was better when imo super nintendo was vastly superior, sega just had better marketing (remember "blast processing") and they also had sega channel

still can't decide :-\

E

Earl, play both for a month or two and see which one you like the most. I am going to pick up a PS3 slim for my mom.  8)
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2010, 02:03:29 PM »
I'm so addicted to Madden 2010 for my Xbox. I really want to go online and play other people but it costs money for Xbox but is free to hook up for PS3. Fucking Bullshit.

My wife bought me Modern Warfare but I hear its so much better to play online than single player.