Author Topic: Bulking on very few carbs?  (Read 16323 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Bulking on very few carbs?
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 01:23:41 PM »
define carb sensitive. Are you saying that some people have different insulin sensitivity, different amounts of glut 4 transporters on adipocytes,myocytes, some people have insulin resistance, impaired insulin to glucagon ratio and secretion of insulin from beta cells. If so then yes some people are more or less sensitive to the role of glucose in the diet.

i would argue based on the evidence that low carb diets are healthier from a metabolic perspective and may offer some additional fat loss benefits.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 01:24:25 PM »
Find me one Scientific Study regarding "Carb Sensitivity".

Find me one peer reviewed article on the subject.

You can`t.  It is a myth.

Prove me wrong. You are the one making the claim. Any scientific studies about your claims? My claims are based on hundreds of people I have worked with thruout the years. Many times I have taken people who are eating mostly carbs and done nothing but change the majority of their calories to fats and protein without changing calorie content and they have lost fat. This is nothing new, I just find it hard to believe that you are that either closed minded or you like fuking with people on here. I tend to believe that latter.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 01:25:22 PM »
define carb sensitive. Are you saying that some people have different insulin sensitivity, different amounts of glut 4 transporters on adipocytes,myocytes, some people have insulin resistance, impaired insulin to glucagon ratio and secretion of insulin from beta cells. If so then yes some people are more or less sensitive to the role of glucose in the diet.

i would argue based on the evidence that low carb diets are healthier from a metabolic perspective and may offer some additional fat loss benefits.
Define low carbs. :)

Also, low carbs is totally relative depending on one`s activity level.   400 grams of carbs would be ultra low for Michael Phelps for instance.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008, 01:25:31 PM »
Prove me wrong. You are the one making the claim. Any scientific studies about your claims? My claims are based on hundreds of people I have worked with thruout the years. Many times I have taken people who are eating mostly carbs and done nothing but change the majority of their calories to fats and protein without changing calorie content and they have lost fat. This is nothing new, I just find it hard to believe that you are that either closed minded or you like fuking with people on here. I tend to believe that latter.

poor argument. You should have some evidence to back up your claims. After all arent you a guru?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2008, 01:25:47 PM »

I think I agree with you.  ???   ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2008, 01:27:16 PM »

Maybe those people automatically consumed less calories because they couldn't eat some foods they like anymore. How do you determine what people have eaten in the first place? My assumption is that if you put people on a diet consisting of what they tell you they eat, they would lose weight.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2008, 01:27:39 PM »
poor argument. You should have some evidence to back up your claims. After all arent you a guru?

I don't believe I was arguing.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2008, 01:28:12 PM »
Define low carbs. :)

Also, low carbs is totally relative depending on one`s activity level.   400 grams of carbs would be ultra low for Michael Phelps for instance.

i agree, i would say close to ketogenic which varies, but lower then 50 grams of carbs. There has been a decent amount of research in the area. Ill post the studies later.

i will also say that ketogenic diets are hard and impractical for the vast majority of people, i would only use them in metabolic syndrome x, or if massive fat loss is needed in a short amount of time. Most studies showed a faster weight loss initially but most diets tended to even out over time, calories are the main ingredient in fat loss no doubt.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2008, 01:29:43 PM »
Maybe those people automatically consumed less calories because they couldn't eat some foods they like anymore. How do you determine what people have eaten in the first place? My assumption is that if you put people on a diet consisting of what they tell you they eat, they would lose weight.

There are no maybes involved in what I did with the people  am using as examples. Did you not read the part where I said the calories remained then same?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2008, 01:29:51 PM »
You are absolutely wrong.

you claim that adonis is wrong here, and then claim he has to back up his position and use anecdotal evidence that is very weak at best.

you were challenged to provide evidence for the above statement, that is why i thought you would argue your position since you made the statement.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2008, 01:31:04 PM »
There are no maybes involved in what I did with the people  am using as examples. Did you not read the part where I said the calories remained then same?

Yes and I asked you how you determined that.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2008, 01:31:11 PM »
ill stay out of way :D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2008, 01:32:45 PM »
well calories wouldnt be the ssame if protein increased because in realit every 4 calories of protein will only yeild 2 calories of energy, if its used for energy that is.  (gluconeogensis converts protein into glucose at a rate of 2=1). and then on top of that subtract 25% of energy form protein to take into account thermic effects of digestion, so now you have 1.5 calories for every gram of protein.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2008, 01:34:29 PM »

Again,

There is NO SUCH THING as being Carb Sensitive.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2008, 01:35:32 PM »
Yes and I asked you how you determined that.

Determine what?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2008, 01:36:04 PM »
Again,

insulin receptors are real and they do fluctuate in sensitivity and carbs (glucose) are directly related to insulin  ....  so.....      

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2008, 01:39:34 PM »
Again,

So say you and have been for years without any proof what so ever. One would think by now after all your claims about diet that you would have even a handful of ultra ripped people to show for it. You claim that getting ripped is super easy, but why is there no one out there who can back up your claims? I have posted many pics of people who I have dieted to prove my point. All have been on zero carbs, some were natural and some were not, either way they got ripped.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2008, 01:40:24 PM »
Determine what?

I think my question was very specific. Just a question, I'm interested.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2008, 01:45:36 PM »
I think my question was very specific. Just a question, I'm interested.

I get ya, I have had countless people come to me while being trained by other people while not getting the results they were after. They have given me their current diets which are usually very detailed calorie wise.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2008, 01:48:48 PM »
So say you and have been for years without any proof what so ever. One would think by now after all your claims about diet that you would have even a handful of ultra ripped people to show for it. You claim that getting ripped is super easy, but why is there no one out there who can back up your claims? I have posted many pics of people who I have dieted to prove my point. All have been on zero carbs, some were natural and some were not, either way they got ripped.

So if you are eating less carbs what types of fats do you put in? I mean throughout the day because if i eat only clean i just starve my metabilism is too fast.

I have found eating some fats with carbs in the one meal makes me extremely sluggish (mainly macadamia nuts).

Also how do you get enough fibre in with such low carbs?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2008, 01:50:22 PM »
I get ya, I have had countless people come to me while being trained by other people while not getting the results they were after. They have given me their current diets which are usually very detailed calorie wise.

I was just taking a guess. If I were to lay out my diet, I would probably leave out a thing or two out of shame (the little snacks in between, etc.).

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2008, 01:57:34 PM »
I was just taking a guess. If I were to lay out my diet, I would probably leave out a thing or two out of shame (the little snacks in between, etc.).

When you have top level BBers who are paying  good money and not getting results they have more tendency to follow things to a T. For example, if I have someone come to me at 10 weeks out and they are lean to begin with and their fatloss have stopped no matter how low on calories then one has to wonder ( I would hope) what else there is to do. This is the problem with Adam's way of thinking. He will tell you that all you have to do is just keep decreasing calories to get ripped but when the progress stops he has nothing more to say because HE HAS NO FUKING CLUE WHAT TO DO NEXT. He would also be admitting he was wrong which he would never do in a million years because he is too closed minded.

I have actually increased one's calories in the form of fat and maybe some protein depending if needed and had them start losing fat again.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »
So if you are eating less carbs what types of fats do you put in? I mean throughout the day because if i eat only clean i just starve my metabilism is too fast.

I have found eating some fats with carbs in the one meal makes me extremely sluggish (mainly macadamia nuts).

Also how do you get enough fibre in with such low carbs?

Red meat any kind such as steak, ground also, turkey chicken salmon eggs (whole) ect.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2008, 02:02:31 PM »
When you have top level BBers who are paying guys good money and not getting results they have more tendency to follow things to a T. For example, if I have someone come to me at 10 weeks out and they are lean to begin with and their fatloss have stopped no matter how low on calories then one has to wonder ( I would hope) what else there is to do. This is the problem with Adam's way of thinking. He will tell you that all you have to do is just keep decreasing calories to get ripped but when the progress stops he has nothing more to say because HE HAS NO FUKING CLUE WHAT TO DO NEXT. He would also be admitting he was wrong which he would never do in a million years because he is to close minded.

I have actually increased one's calories in the form of fat and maybe some protein depending if needed and had them start losing fat again.

My progress was very consistent up to a few weeks ago, where I stopped the diet because of an injury. As soon as I'm OK again, I'll start a second run and maybe can show how far it can be taken. I'm open minded, so if my progress stops, I will admit to it.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2008, 02:14:52 PM »
My progress was very consistent up to a few weeks ago, where I stopped the diet because of an injury. As soon as I'm OK again, I'll start a second run and maybe can show how far it can be taken. I'm open minded, so if my progress stops, I will admit to it.

No reason to stop dieting because of injury. You can still get ripped without working out.