Author Topic: How is Fedor#1 with this record  (Read 14397 times)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Re: How is Fedor#1 with this record
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2008, 09:28:47 PM »
All specualtion on your part on how good Fedor currently is" He dominates any heavyweight in the world today"=speculation.

You know fedor is CURRENTLY ducking top competition...oh well he is a has been anyways unless he steps up to the UFC and proves it.

Man, you are either drinking the Zuffa Kool aid, or a good troll.  In either case, you aren't relevant when it comes to MMA.  Post at a pro wrasslin forum, please. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2008, 09:51:48 PM »
Man, you are either drinking the Zuffa Kool aid, or a good troll.  In either case, you aren't relevant when it comes to MMA.  Post at a pro wrasslin forum, please. 

I am no troll...just understand the MMA game more than most. Just because I like the UFC and exciting fights makes me irrelevant???

Thanks for letting me know.

Like I said earlier...what else am I supposed to watch if I want to see EXCITING match-ups? Old Pride DVD's?
Maybe the Smashing Machine would be good too ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2008, 10:38:42 PM »
I am no troll...just understand the MMA game more than most. Just because I like the UFC and exciting fights makes me irrelevant???

Like I said earlier...what else am I supposed to watch if I want to see EXCITING match-ups? Old Pride DVD's?

You don't understand shit. Look back in this thread. You claimed that fighter skill level is judged by how many PPV sales their cards generate or how popular they are. Going by your "knowledge" of the sport, Kimbo Slice is arguably the greatest HW to ever live. I mean, he is pretty much more popular than any MMA fighter so he has to be the best according to you, right?  ::)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2008, 10:42:49 PM »

i like the UFC and exciting fights too. and guess what? UFC isn't the best ever. they've turned into the big dog now, but they don't have all the best fighters. period. the only reason guys like you think UFC is supreme is because it's the one that was always on TV. you had to catch FSN at the right time of day to watch Pride or K-1.

some UFC fighters are amazing (i think GSP is awesome myself), but when it comes to heavies fedor is king. that's why every single MMA publication constantly rates him #1 in the division.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2008, 10:50:53 PM »
You don't understand shit. Look back in this thread. You claimed that fighter skill level is judged by how many PPV sales their cards generate or how popular they are. Going by your "knowledge" of the sport, Kimbo Slice is arguably the greatest HW to ever live. I mean, he is pretty much more popular than any MMA fighter so he has to be the best according to you, right?  ::)

I just stated that PPV sales tell how entertaining the fights may be and how successful the org is.

You keep showing your lack of knowledge. Kimbo has never been on a PPV.
Kimbo was also never in a legit org.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2008, 10:57:54 PM »
i like the UFC and exciting fights too. and guess what? UFC isn't the best ever. they've turned into the big dog now, but they don't have all the best fighters. period. the only reason guys like you think UFC is supreme is because it's the one that was always on TV. you had to catch FSN at the right time of day to watch Pride or K-1.

some UFC fighters are amazing (i think GSP is awesome myself), but when it comes to heavies fedor is king. that's why every single MMA publication constantly rates him #1 in the division.

I never said the UFC is the best ever...It is currently the most successful org with the most exciting fights.

Fedor might be number one...but as stated he needs to fight other champs. Not ex-champs that got cut from the UFC.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2008, 11:03:30 PM »
I never said the UFC is the best ever...It is currently the most successful org with the most exciting fights.

Fedor might be number one...but as stated he needs to fight other champs. Not ex-champs that got cut from the UFC.

yeah but you're judging that now. the fact is that he DID beat the best that anyone had. he fought and beat three UFC champs, he beat the best pride had to offer, he hasn't lost a single fight in eight years.

he doesn't "need" to do anything. fedor is, irrefutably, the #1 heavyweight in MMA. there's no one left that can challenge that status except barnett and, down the road, brock if he keeps up this pace. but after eight years without a single loss even as the top competitors came at him, he doesn't have enough people to fight.

sure he could fight four times a year but the top competitors aren't going to take him on. why would they? they'd rather try for the UFC belt since he isn't there and they have a better chance.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2008, 12:32:39 AM »
And when he destroys Arlovski, the Pitbull will be called another UFC reject.....

stone_cold_steve

• Getbig II
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2008, 12:56:50 AM »
yeah but you're judging that now. the fact is that he DID beat the best that anyone had. he fought and beat three UFC champs, he beat the best pride had to offer, he hasn't lost a single fight in eight years.

he doesn't "need" to do anything. fedor is, irrefutably, the #1 heavyweight in MMA. there's no one left that can challenge that status except barnett and, down the road, brock if he keeps up this pace. but after eight years without a single loss even as the top competitors came at him, he doesn't have enough people to fight.

sure he could fight four times a year but the top competitors aren't going to take him on. why would they? they'd rather try for the UFC belt since he isn't there and they have a better chance.

This pretty much sums it up.

Like I said until he gets beaten he's the best. period.
He's not ducking fighters, IMO the others are ducking him.
skullfucking rules

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2008, 06:28:46 AM »
And when he destroys Arlovski, the Pitbull will be called another UFC reject.....

You do remember...Arvloski got beat twice by Sylvia and beat Werdum (who has been cut as well)

UFC didn't want him. Call it whatever you want.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2008, 06:36:31 AM »
This pretty much sums it up.

Like I said until he gets beaten he's the best. period.
He's not ducking fighters, IMO the others are ducking him.

Whatever the reason, we do not see Fedor get tested like most champs are. Above all else, that causes doubt on where Fedor's skills are. The game has evolved a lot, it changes all the time. Got to see the champs keep up IMO. I know Fedor is a legend, always will be. No disrespect meant towards him.

I just think that there is a lot of unanswered questions on who the current HW champ is. I don't think Fedor or any other HW that I can name,is current number 1, UFC or not. Time for them all to prove it. All I am saying.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2008, 06:55:44 AM »
1. Fedor Emelianenko (28-1-0, 1 NC)
If there has been one criticism of MMA's premier heavyweight, it's that Emelianenko hasn't met the best of his contemporaries over the last three years. He responded with a 36-second thrashing of Tim Sylvia in July, and he will look to further prove his supremacy over the division on Jan. 24 when he takes on another former UFC heavyweight champion, Andrei Arlovski, in the headliner of the second Affliction bill.

2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (31-4-1, 1 NC)
The consensus favorite in his December UFC interim heavyweight title scrap with Frank Mir, the TUF 8 coach will have a tall task ahead of him should he emerge victorious. Nogueira's prize for defeating Mir will be the chance to unify the UFC heavyweight crown with upstart Brock Lesnar in 2009, in what would make for an enormous heavyweight clash.

3. Andrei Arlovski (14-5-0)
2008 offered Arlovski a great opportunity to rebuild himself, and he did so brilliantly. With his knockouts of Ben Rothwell and Roy Nelson, he has earned himself the biggest fight of his career -- a meeting with the sport's finest heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko, in the main event of Affliction's sophomore effort on Jan. 24.

4. Josh Barnett (23-5-0)
Barnett's management nixed hopes of him facing Fedor Emelianenko in January as the headliner for Affliction's second event. Unfortunately, Barnett's proposed participation on the Nov. 1 Sengoku card didn't come to fruition either.

5. Brock Lesnar (3-1-0)
Now perhaps MMA's most polarizing athlete, it took Lesnar but 17 months and four bouts to wear UFC gold. His high-profile smashing of Randy Couture has validated the enormous hype surrounding the former D1 wrestling champ. Now, Lesnar will have the chance to become the UFC's undisputed heavyweight king in the new year, as he awaits the winner of December's Nogueira-Mir clash.

6. Randy Couture (16-9-0)
Couture's post-retirement run came to a screeching halt in his first post-resignation bout. He returned to the Octagon for the first time in 15 months and was knocked out by Brock Lesnar in the second round, leaving questions as to what "The Natural" has left in the tank.

7. Tim Sylvia (24-5-0)
In the biggest fight of his career, Sylvia was summarily smashed by Fedor Emelianenko in a humbling 36 seconds. Although his missteps have come against the top heavyweights in the world, Sylvia has lost three of his last four and he is a year removed from his last win in a suddenly active heavyweight division.

8. Ben Rothwell (29-6-0)
Unfortunately for the Miletich heavyweight, a bout with Pedro Rizzo for Affliction's January card didn't develop. However, the former IFL standout will still get some action, as he'll take a tune-up bout against the relatively anonymous Chris Guillen at the Dec. 11 Adrenaline MMA card.

9. Alistair Overeem (29-11-0, 1 NC)
While the flying Dutchman has his fingers crossed for a chance to settle unfinished business with Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic on New Year's Eve, he won an easy tune-up bout in his native Netherlands on Nov. 9 by routinely submitting worn veteran Gary Goodridge in the first round.

10. Junior dos Santos (7-1-0)
After causing a stir in the blogosphere with some nasty mittwork leading up to UFC 90, Junior dos Santos used Fabricio Werdum's face as a focus mitt in one of the year's bigger upsets. Whether or not the young protégé of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is legitimately one of the best heavyweights in the world remains to be seen, but for now, no one can take his nasty knockout of Werdum away from him.

*Randy Couture, now having fought within the last 365 days, is eligible to be ranked again. With the re-entry of Couture and the addition of Lesnar, formerly ninth-ranked Fabricio Werdum and 10th-ranked Gabriel Gonzaga fall just beyond the top 10.

4 of the top ten belong to the UFC hmmmmm That means that there are more then half of the best HW's outside of the UFC.. Looks like all the contenders are not in the UFC NUFF SAID

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2008, 07:09:24 AM »
1. Fedor Emelianenko (28-1-0, 1 NC)
If there has been one criticism of MMA's premier heavyweight, it's that Emelianenko hasn't met the best of his contemporaries over the last three years. He responded with a 36-second thrashing of Tim Sylvia in July, and he will look to further prove his supremacy over the division on Jan. 24 when he takes on another former UFC heavyweight champion, Andrei Arlovski, in the headliner of the second Affliction bill.

2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (31-4-1, 1 NC)
The consensus favorite in his December UFC interim heavyweight title scrap with Frank Mir, the TUF 8 coach will have a tall task ahead of him should he emerge victorious. Nogueira's prize for defeating Mir will be the chance to unify the UFC heavyweight crown with upstart Brock Lesnar in 2009, in what would make for an enormous heavyweight clash.

3. Andrei Arlovski (14-5-0)
2008 offered Arlovski a great opportunity to rebuild himself, and he did so brilliantly. With his knockouts of Ben Rothwell and Roy Nelson, he has earned himself the biggest fight of his career -- a meeting with the sport's finest heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko, in the main event of Affliction's sophomore effort on Jan. 24.

4. Josh Barnett (23-5-0)
Barnett's management nixed hopes of him facing Fedor Emelianenko in January as the headliner for Affliction's second event. Unfortunately, Barnett's proposed participation on the Nov. 1 Sengoku card didn't come to fruition either.

5. Brock Lesnar (3-1-0)
Now perhaps MMA's most polarizing athlete, it took Lesnar but 17 months and four bouts to wear UFC gold. His high-profile smashing of Randy Couture has validated the enormous hype surrounding the former D1 wrestling champ. Now, Lesnar will have the chance to become the UFC's undisputed heavyweight king in the new year, as he awaits the winner of December's Nogueira-Mir clash.

6. Randy Couture (16-9-0)
Couture's post-retirement run came to a screeching halt in his first post-resignation bout. He returned to the Octagon for the first time in 15 months and was knocked out by Brock Lesnar in the second round, leaving questions as to what "The Natural" has left in the tank.

7. Tim Sylvia (24-5-0)
In the biggest fight of his career, Sylvia was summarily smashed by Fedor Emelianenko in a humbling 36 seconds. Although his missteps have come against the top heavyweights in the world, Sylvia has lost three of his last four and he is a year removed from his last win in a suddenly active heavyweight division.

8. Ben Rothwell (29-6-0)
Unfortunately for the Miletich heavyweight, a bout with Pedro Rizzo for Affliction's January card didn't develop. However, the former IFL standout will still get some action, as he'll take a tune-up bout against the relatively anonymous Chris Guillen at the Dec. 11 Adrenaline MMA card.

9. Alistair Overeem (29-11-0, 1 NC)
While the flying Dutchman has his fingers crossed for a chance to settle unfinished business with Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic on New Year's Eve, he won an easy tune-up bout in his native Netherlands on Nov. 9 by routinely submitting worn veteran Gary Goodridge in the first round.

10. Junior dos Santos (7-1-0)
After causing a stir in the blogosphere with some nasty mittwork leading up to UFC 90, Junior dos Santos used Fabricio Werdum's face as a focus mitt in one of the year's bigger upsets. Whether or not the young protégé of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is legitimately one of the best heavyweights in the world remains to be seen, but for now, no one can take his nasty knockout of Werdum away from him.

*Randy Couture, now having fought within the last 365 days, is eligible to be ranked again. With the re-entry of Couture and the addition of Lesnar, formerly ninth-ranked Fabricio Werdum and 10th-ranked Gabriel Gonzaga fall just beyond the top 10.

4 of the top ten belong to the UFC hmmmmm That means that there are more then half of the best HW's outside of the UFC.. Looks like all the contenders are not in the UFC NUFF SAID
\
Exaclty my point. Most of the fighters on this list fight maybe once a year. Really hard to validate these rankings with nobody really fighting each other.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2008, 07:21:49 AM »
\
Exaclty my point. Most of the fighters on this list fight maybe once a year. Really hard to validate these rankings with nobody really fighting each other.

You have to look at things that go into that. You have athletic supensions, you have training that goes on, injuries and shit these are big names. It's about longevity, if you had all of the fighters on this list fighting 5 times a year you would have to have new fighters every 5 years, guys would not have lasting power. This sport is much more vicious then boxing, your talking kicks, elbows, knees, chokes... Imagine some guy taking 5 crocop left high kicks in a year and being KO'd cold.. How long do you think that guy will be in the sport? 10 years if that happend 3 times a year..   

These fighters have to make sure that they are around to make their money and not leave looking like ALI.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2008, 07:29:50 AM »
You have to look at things that go into that. You have athletic supensions, you have training that goes on, injuries and shit these are big names. It's about longevity, if you had all of the fighters on this list fighting 5 times a year you would have to have new fighters every 5 years, guys would not have lasting power. This sport is much more vicious then boxing, your talking kicks, elbows, knees, chokes... Imagine some guy taking 5 crocop left high kicks in a year and being KO'd cold.. How long do you think that guy will be in the sport? 10 years if that happend 3 times a year..   

These fighters have to make sure that they are around to make their money and not leave looking like ALI.

You are right in some of that, but that is what makes this sport so exciting. St. Pierre fought 4 times from 4/07 t0 4/08. Top competition too. Makes holding on to the belt more meaningful if you can do it.

I disagree...boxing is much more damaging long term to the head. No standing 10 count, and there are other aspects of MMA that take away from head strikes.

Boxing is almost entirely head shots. You constantly are getting punched in sparring/training as well. In MMA it is only one aspect.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2008, 07:42:57 AM »
You are right in some of that, but that is what makes this sport so exciting. St. Pierre fought 4 times from 4/07 t0 4/08. Top competition too. Makes holding on to the belt more meaningful if you can do it.

I disagree...boxing is much more damaging long term to the head. No standing 10 count, and there are other aspects of MMA that take away from head strikes.

Boxing is almost entirely head shots. You constantly are getting punched in sparring/training as well. In MMA it is only one aspect.

When you compare GSp to a HW they are on two differant playing fields.. You are talking about a much smaller light weight guy. Being big sucks, you are talking a lot more weight on the joints and everything else..

When it comes to trauma to the head they might be equal, but MMA guys get knees to the head, elbows, kicks, etc. I would much rather have a boxing glove hit me over and over then to have to take bare bone shots to the face... Much more damage and if you bring in the foot stomps from Pride, fuck that put me in a boxing ring!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2008, 09:52:24 AM »
You do remember...Arvloski got beat twice by Sylvia and beat Werdum (who has been cut as well)

UFC didn't want him. Call it whatever you want.

So if you use MMA math, then Frank Mir is the best heavyweight, because he has a win over the current UFC champ, which has the best heavyweights?  MMath does not work because the UFC cut Pe De Pano, and he DESTROYED Mir.  Also, a lightheavy who couldn't beat Ketih Jardine, and lost to the "scrub" Sylvia also destroyed Mir.  And if Fedor destroyed Sylvia, whom you HAVE to hold in high regard using your logic stream, then Fedor is the linear number one after all.   ;D

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2008, 11:19:33 AM »
So if you use MMA math, then Frank Mir is the best heavyweight, because he has a win over the current UFC champ, which has the best heavyweights? 

MMA math works if you're some internet addict that can't control the urge to post on a MMA message board 40 times a day and you've run out of logic and just looking to post something hoping someone will respond to....

ain't that right "stoolpshr" ?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2008, 11:54:11 AM »
MMA math works if you're some internet addict that can't control the urge to post on a MMA message board 40 times a day and you've run out of logic and just looking to post something hoping someone will respond to....

ain't that right "stoolpshr" ?

Haha....Internet Addict? Seriously? You seen your post count?

Anyways, don't be mad...I provided entertainment for you as you have been posting.

Something is bringing you back :)

Name:     WeightPSHR
Position:    Getbig II
Date Registered:    September 08, 2005, 10:30:54 AM
Last Active:    Today at 11:50:30 AM

stone_cold_steve

• Getbig II
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2008, 12:53:53 PM »

When you compare GSp to a HW they are on two differant playing fields.. You are talking about a much smaller light weight guy. Being big sucks, you are talking a lot more weight on the joints and everything else..

When it comes to trauma to the head they might be equal, but MMA guys get knees to the head, elbows, kicks, etc. I would much rather have a boxing glove hit me over and over then to have to take bare bone shots to the face... Much more damage and if you bring in the foot stomps from Pride, fuck that put me in a boxing ring!

I don't agree with weightpshr about fedor but he has a valid point about boxing.  I know one COULD suffer more damage in an mma fight.  But all in all there is way more impact to the head in boxing.  I mean one vicious knee in mma and you go down, then some GnP and the ref stops it.  In boxing you get hit over and over again.  I don't know (god forbid) there has been an mma fatality yet, whereass in boxing there have been several (I know it's an "older" sport but still).
that being said In boxing the HW guys tend to have more health problems than guys in lighter divisions.  I'm not sure if a HW boxer fights less than a Welter for example, but if not THEY SHOULD fight less.
skullfucking rules

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2008, 06:20:16 PM »
LOL, comedy gold right here.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!