Author Topic: How is Fedor#1 with this record  (Read 14386 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Re: How is Fedor#1 with this record
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2008, 03:57:04 PM »
What has one HW done in the UFC in the past 2 years? That division is such a joke that a retired, 40+ year old guy came back and won the belt instantaneously. Talk about an absolutely embarrassing division. No one will prove anything fighting in the UFC beyond which can is better than the other. The only fighter worth his salt in there is Nog and he's lost to Fedor 3 times. I'm not interested in seeing him fight anyone besides Barnett, Aleks or Sergei and not a single one of them is in the UFC. Those are the guys capable of actually giving him a fight. Not the UFC cans. I don't need to some boring ass beatdown of Mir, Lesnar, Couture or Nog for the fourth time.

Well the old man and Brock was a good fight all in all. Exciting start to finish. 1.2 million PPV. Noobs or not...those are the matchup today's mma fan wants to see as well as use to rate the fighters.

How many PPV views do you think the Fedor/Arvloski fight is pulling in. Maybe 500,000 on a good night. Nobody cares.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2008, 03:59:59 PM »
Well the old man and Brock was a good fight all in all. Exciting start to finish. 1.2 million PPV. Noobs or not...those are the matchup today's mma fan wants to see as well as use to rate the fighters.

How many PPV views do you think the Fedor/Arvloski fight is pulling in. Maybe 500,000 on a good night. Nobody cares.

So you judge skill by PPV sales? Jesus, you're a TUF fanboy. Most Americans have no idea who Fedor is. According to you, that means he sucks. That is terrific logic.

Most people don't rate the fighters by those matchups. Those are the matchups they want to see. They couldn't care less about "skill".

Shit, going by your logic, Kimbo Slice is arguably the greatest MMA fighter to ever live.  ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2008, 04:00:48 PM »
Sure it does. He destroyed him that fight. It goes down in the books as a NC, but anyone who saw the fight saw the results.

a fight that ends in the first round by accidental cut doesnt count. which makes it twice he beat nog, not three times
try to get your facts straights
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2008, 04:04:38 PM »
why would most americans care about fedor? dude doesnt fight the best, hardly fights anyone and whenever he decides to fight someone it's a can!

why would anyone pay to see that? make no sense
Z

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2008, 04:07:14 PM »
Sure it does. He destroyed him that fight. It goes down in the books as a NC, but anyone who saw the fight saw the results. Nice that you're trying to act like you can contribute, Bluto. Spending another Saturday night on Getbig, you party animal you?

It's funny how the UFC fanboys can't come to grips with the fact that the UFC HW division is a complete embarrassment and has been for years now.

You say the UFC HW division is an embarassmant, while every other promotion except the UFC, has been a complete embarrassment. The rest are seriously hard to watch...or should I say WERE hard to watch.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »
Double post meltdown. Didn't bother to read any of them. BlutOWNED. Reading one TUF fanboy's retarded posts is hard enough Bluto, we'll just ignore yours and file them under the "kid who cried hard enough to get modded" folder. :D

You say the UFC HW division is an embarassmant, while every other promotion except the UFC, has been a complete embarrassment. The rest are seriously hard to watch...or should I say WERE hard to watch.

The UFC HW division is seriously hard to watch. Shit, it was so fucking pathetic they had to convince a 44 year old guy to come out of retirement to spice it up. And what did he do? He beat the guy who had beaten every other fighter in the division in his first fight back. Talk about a complete embarrassment. That division is a complete joke. It's seriously painful to watch.

Let's use your logic, though. Kimbo Slice is THE greatest MMA fighter EVER!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2008, 04:12:11 PM »

Fedor fanboys are some weak bitches, they pick the guy everybody loves and who statistically is the best that requires no balls whatsoever just going with the flow... second they think theyre special cause they watched fights in pride, they think it make them sound like theyve been around forever but everybody i know did the same thing...

I say to go AGAINST fedor with some legit criticism is what takes balls, not hanging to his.  :D
Z

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2008, 04:14:58 PM »
Double post meltdown. Didn't bother to read any of them. BlutOWNED. Reading one TUF fanboy's retarded posts is hard enough Bluto, we'll just ignore yours and file them under the "kid who cried hard enough to get modded" folder. :D

The UFC HW division is seriously hard to watch. Shit, it was so fucking pathetic they had to convince a 44 year old guy to come out of retirement to spice it up. And what did he do? He beat the guy who had beaten every other fighter in the division in his first fight back. Talk about a complete embarrassment. That division is a complete joke. It's seriously painful to watch.

Let's use your logic, though. Kimbo Slice is THE greatest MMA fighter EVER!

Ok enough debate about UFC etc....

Back to the original question... Who does Fedor fight aftet top contender Arvloski? Or does he just sit out for 2 years?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2008, 04:17:02 PM »
Ok enough debate about UFC etc....

Back to the original question... Who does Fedor fight aftet top contender Arvloski? Or does he just sit out for 2 years?

He fights Barnett, who is the only HW fighter worth a shit that he hasn't fought yet. Oh, that's right, Barnett isn't a UFC HW.

Him fighting in the UFC won't prove anything. All it will show is that he can win fights that everyone expects him to.

Can you make a case for any current UFC HW being better than Fedor? I'd love to hear this.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2008, 04:18:08 PM »
Fedor fanboys are some weak bitches, they pick the guy everybody loves and who statistically is the best that requires no balls whatsoever just going with the flow... second they think theyre special cause they watched fights in pride, they think it make them sound like theyve been around forever but everybody i know did the same thing...

I say to go AGAINST fedor with some legit criticism is what takes balls, not hanging to his.  :D

Exaclty. IMO opinion it takes a skilled MMA fan to see through the Fedor b.s. Not saying he is not good, just doesn't prove it often.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2008, 04:19:35 PM »
Fedor will fight in ADCC Championships in 2009... and after that i bet he wants his revenge in Sambo... so MMA isnt his first pick, maybe they can throw in some japanese giant there somewhere and have Fedor choke him out on new years  ::)
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2008, 04:21:40 PM »
Exaclty. IMO opinion it takes a skilled MMA fan to see through the Fedor b.s. Not saying he is not good, just doesn't prove it often.

Yup of course he's good, thats not the point... but Fedor can be criticized and thats what we do, but some people cant take that happens to their IDOL (their easy pick, they pick the favorite and then defend him)... kinda like a girl who knows nothing about football ask her husband who's winning so she can follow the "winning team" and make it easy for herself...

It takes some balls and REAL knowledge and interest in MMA to be able to criticize the top dogs and their game!
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2008, 04:22:24 PM »

To see through the Fedor bs? You're only proving yourself an idiot in this thread. You just said you equate skill to PPV sales and fighter popularity. Going by your logic, Kimbo Slice is the greatest MMA fighter to ever live.

Not only that, but you're consistently ignoring my question. Let's hear you make a claim for any of these UFC HW's being better than Fedor. Stop avoiding it because you know you'll make a fool out of yourself. Let's hear your reasoning.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2008, 04:22:39 PM »
He fights Barnett, who is the only HW fighter worth a shit that he hasn't fought yet. Oh, that's right, Barnett isn't a UFC HW.

Him fighting in the UFC won't prove anything. All it will show is that he can win fights that everyone expects him to.

Can you make a case for any current UFC HW being better than Fedor? I'd love to hear this.

Who cares if he fights Barnett...He has the same story as Fedor. Who has Barnett beat lately?

I said before...I don't want to put one UFC fighter over Fedor...I want to see them all fight and end up with one winner. Then we wouldn't have these debates. Times have changed, fighters have changed.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2008, 04:24:08 PM »
Who cares if he fights Barnett...He has the same story as Fedor. Who has Barnett beat lately?

I said before...I don't want to put one UFC fighter over Fedor...I want to see them all fight and end up with one winner. Then we wouldn't have these debates. Times have changed, fighters have changed.

You want to see him fight these UFC guys because you're a UFC fanboy. I'd rather see him fight guys who are actually skilled and capable of giving him fight. Not the freakshow Brock Lesnar or a 45 year old Randy Couture. Talk about boring fights. ::)

You clowns have yet to justify any of your points. You just keep saying "UFC this, UFC that." Let's hear you guys make your cases for any of these UFC fighters being better than Fedor. Let's see you reference their records, their accomplishments, their recent fights. I'd love to see the reasoning behind the logic. I'm sure it's embarrassingly inept.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2008, 04:28:20 PM »
Randy vs Brock was far more interesting than any recent fight with Fedor thats for sure...
Z

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2008, 04:30:39 PM »
To see through the Fedor bs? You're only proving yourself an idiot in this thread. You just said you equate skill to PPV sales and fighter popularity. Going by your logic, Kimbo Slice is the greatest MMA fighter to ever live.

Not only that, but you're consistently ignoring my question. Let's hear you make a claim for any of these UFC HW's being better than Fedor. Stop avoiding it because you know you'll make a fool out of yourself. Let's hear your reasoning.

Not what was intended...but keep hugging Fedor that is fine. Hopefully Affliction will be around long enough to see him fight a couple more times. Don't be mad at me cause I like the UFC. I don't know about you, but I watch all MMA to be entertained. I like the org. that puts on the best fights. The fans need to see exposure of the fighters to really gain fighter personality etc. The UFC does this...I have not seen any other orgs do this except the WEC...but that is still UFC. Any others come to mind. Hate the UFC all you want...It rules MMA :o

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2008, 04:33:34 PM »
You want to see him fight these UFC guys because you're a UFC fanboy. I'd rather see him fight guys who are actually skilled and capable of giving him fight. Not the freakshow Brock Lesnar or a 45 year old Randy Couture. Talk about boring fights. ::)

You clowns have yet to justify any of your points. You just keep saying "UFC this, UFC that." Let's hear you guys make your cases for any of these UFC fighters being better than Fedor. Let's see you reference their records, their accomplishments, their recent fights. I'd love to see the reasoning behind the logic. I'm sure it's embarrassingly inept.

I never said anyone in the UFC was better than Fedor. I just said Fedor is not better or worse himself and has not proved 1 status by fighting the guys he has been fighting in the last few years. They ALL need to fight. None are better or worse.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »

"nooooooo dont say that about my idol fedor!!! he is my hero!"
Z

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2008, 04:43:01 PM »
Are you seriously telling me Barnett is one of the best??? You are watching too many Pride dvd's. delusional.

Win      Pedro Rizzo      KO (Punch)      Affliction - Banned      7/19/2008     2     1:44
 Win    Jeff Monson    Decision (Unanimous)    Sengoku - Second Battle    5/18/2008    3    5:00
 Win    Hidehiko Yoshida    Submission (Heel Hook)    Sengoku - First Battle    3/5/2008    3    3:23
 Loss    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira    Decision (Unanimous)    PRIDE - Shockwave 2006    12/31/2006    3    5:00
 Win    Pawel Nastula    Submission (Toe Hold)    PRIDE 32 - The Real Deal    10/21/2006    2    3:04
 Loss    Mirko Filipovic    Submission (Strikes)    PRIDE - Final Conflict Absolute    9/10/2006    1    5:32
 Win    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira    Decision (Split)    PRIDE - Final Conflict Absolute    9/10/2006    2    5:00
 Win    Mark Hunt    Submission (Kimura)    PRIDE - Critical Coutdown Absolute    7/1/2006    1    2:02
 Win    Aleksander Emelianenko    Submission (Keylock)    PRIDE - Total Elimination Absolute    5/5/2006    2    1:57
 Win    Kazuhiro Nakamura    Submission (Rear Naked Choke)    PRIDE 31 - Dreamers    2/26/2006    1    8:10
 Loss    Mirko Filipovic    Decision (Unaminous)    PRIDE 30 - Fully Loaded    10/23/2005    3    5:00
 Loss    Mirko Filipovic    Submission (Injury)    PRIDE 28 - High Octane    10/31/2004    

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2008, 05:52:03 PM »
okay then, list off who fedor would have to beat to prove to you that he's the best. nog can't be on the list because he beat a prime nog twice. we can't say couture because couture got rocked by lesnar. you think barnett is a joke and arlovski lost twice to sylvia, a guy fedor beat in less than 30 seconds.

who's left? the only people i can think of (since apparently everyone from PRIDE is a joke ::) ) is mir and lesnar.

yeah it sucks that fedor doesn't fight four times a year, but the fact is they can't find people to fight fedor because he never effing loses. it's like if they had a polar bear in the UFC for some reason. he'd never get any fights because no one would want to get in there with him.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2008, 06:05:13 PM »
I heard all the same comments about "Crocop" and all he managed to do was get his head kicked off be some guy I had never heard of until then. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2008, 07:26:37 PM »
okay then, list off who fedor would have to beat to prove to you that he's the best. nog can't be on the list because he beat a prime nog twice. we can't say couture because couture got rocked by lesnar. you think barnett is a joke and arlovski lost twice to sylvia, a guy fedor beat in less than 30 seconds.

who's left? the only people i can think of (since apparently everyone from PRIDE is a joke ::) ) is mir and lesnar.

yeah it sucks that fedor doesn't fight four times a year, but the fact is they can't find people to fight fedor because he never effing loses. it's like if they had a polar bear in the UFC for some reason. he'd never get any fights because no one would want to get in there with him.

Like I said earlier...get in the UFC fight the current active HW competition and see who is best. Nog, Mir, Lesnar, Couture...some are better than others, but any would be better than Arvloski, Sylvia, or Barnett.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2008, 07:39:59 PM »
this whole thread sucks dick !

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2008, 07:44:09 PM »
this whole thread sucks dick !

Feel free to start a better one...Don't know if anyone is really forcing you to read it ::)