Author Topic: How is Fedor#1 with this record  (Read 14372 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Re: How is Fedor#1 with this record
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 06:56:33 AM »
So for the ones saying Fedor needs to fight the top HW's......

do you think Fedor should fight Kongo, Gonzaga, Nog (who he has beat twice BADLY), Big Country, Ben, Who does he need to fight? Please tell because I am curious who is a top HW that he needs to beat to prove to the world that he is the best HW in the world.

Assuming he get's past Arvloski, I would put him agaisnt the winner of Nog/Mir and Lesnar tournament. That would determine who the best in the world at HW is. He needs to work something out with the UFC and quit fighting in the minor leagues.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 07:00:42 AM »
Assuming he get's past Arvloski, I would put him agaisnt the winner of Nog/Mir and Lesnar tournament. That would determine who the best in the world at HW is. He needs to work something out with the UFC and quit fighting in the minor leagues.

Yes to be the best you gotta beat the best... that doesnt go for Fedor exlusively thats for everyone... the hw division isnt very big... it aint all that competitve compared to other divisions... they need to have them guys fight eachother !
Z

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 07:06:07 AM »
Yes to be the best you gotta beat the best... that doesnt go for Fedor exlusively thats for everyone... the hw division isnt very big... it aint all that competitve compared to other divisions... they need to have them guys fight eachother !

Exactly. I like Fedor and do think he may be one of the best, but you have got to redeem your merits constantly to be a Champion. There is no way to do this while not being in the UFC.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 07:20:13 AM »
Exactly. I like Fedor and do think he may be one of the best, but you have got to redeem your merits constantly to be a Champion. There is no way to do this while not being in the UFC.

Yes and even though a champ doesnt fight as often as others, a champ gotta be sure that WHEN he DO fight he fights the best, the top contenders... thats what for example George st pierre does... you dont see him fighting chumps... he fights top competition... bj penn, sherk, koscheck, fitch etc
who do Fedor fight? Hong man choi! Wagner da Conceicao Martins (what the fuck?!) a washed out Coleman (twice they have him fight fedor!),  Tsuyoshi "TK" Kohsaka  (this dude has a record of 18 losses!!)

So not only doesnt Fedor fight much, when he do fight he fight cans half the time!
Z

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 10:18:45 AM »
Everyone knows that most of Fedor's fights were fixed.  The reason he won't get in the cage, is because the UFC refuses to fix the fight...
w

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 10:26:12 AM »
Everyone knows that most of Fedor's fights were fixed.  The reason he won't get in the cage, is because the UFC refuses to fix the fight...

Mind get out of here with your conspiracy theories.. His fights weren't fixed...  People  don't get beat up like that for any amount of cash!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 10:31:44 AM »
Im gonna keep a close eye on the Arlovski fight, just in case...
Z

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 11:03:21 AM »

he already beat nog twice, lesnar was crushing mir until he forgot to watch his ankle and if you think lesnar has a chance against fedor you're a moron. fedor was beating nog, crocop, and others when they were still closer to their primes. there is no one outside of barnett that fedor needs to prove himself against.

frankly even if he does lose to arlovski or anyone in the next year or so, that doesn't change the fact that from 2001-2008 fedor was the most dominant MMA fighter on the planet bar none.

stone_cold_steve

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 11:26:44 AM »
yeah he managed to beat crocop by decision.. nog by decision and submit mark hunt (in 8 minutes) but before that mark hunt was submitted by josh barnett in 2 minutes and after that he lost to overeem (submitted in 1 minute) thats 3 losses in a row for mark hunt all by submission... only fedor seems to have a problem with him the others submitted him almost instantly.

Before he fought Fedor he had three or four wins in a row. Besides it's not math or logic. A defeats B defeats C therefor A defeats C,... it doesn't work like that.
Who do you consider the Nr 1 HW?
skullfucking rules

nomogetsced

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 11:30:37 AM »
agree. these guys that doubt him are idiots. fedor its a gift to watch him fight. thats just how i feel and probably true mma fans feel also

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 12:20:27 PM »
agree. these guys that doubt him are idiots. fedor its a gift to watch him fight. thats just how i feel and probably true mma fans feel also

any particular fight you enjoy watching? maybe his 36 seconds against sylvia? his fight against hong man choi? his fight to the lightweight matt lindland (who fought in ufc back in 2005), his fight against stand up fighter mark hunt? his fight againt zuluzinho? his two fights against washed out coleman? his fight against kohsaka? against ogawa?

i've seen a lot of good fights in the last few years but none of them included fedor
Z

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 12:22:29 PM »
he already beat nog twice, lesnar was crushing mir until he forgot to watch his ankle and if you think lesnar has a chance against fedor you're a moron. fedor was beating nog, crocop, and others when they were still closer to their primes. there is no one outside of barnett that fedor needs to prove himself against.

frankly even if he does lose to arlovski or anyone in the next year or so, that doesn't change the fact that from 2001-2008 fedor was the most dominant MMA fighter on the planet bar none.

Fedor WAS a very dominant fighter. Back in the early to mid 2000's he was fighting the best there was at the time. Definitely a legend. All I am saying is that in the past few years he has dropped status because a lack of fighting CURRENT top heavyweights...even if he has beaten them YEARS ago. Got to keep up with the game.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 12:26:01 PM »

When was the last time Fedor fought an exciting fight? Maybe when Lindland handled him and he had to grab the ropes to save his ass. Remember, true MMA fans evolve with the sport. This is not 2004 ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2008, 12:31:07 PM »
At the end of the day you wanna watch good matchups and exciting fights and that doesnt go hand in hand with Fedor... he rarely fights anyone good and when he does it goes to decision... not exactly what I'm looking for in a fight.

Fedor would never win the "fight of the night" in a show thats for sure and neither submission or KO of the night either...
Z

stone_cold_steve

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2008, 02:01:16 PM »
You guys really don't like the dude.  Nothing wrong with that, but it ain't a popularity contest.  It's not about being the most exciting fighter, it's about getting the job done.  You can't argue with the numbers, he never lost (I don't consider that one elbow as loss and it was avenged).

That being said I would love to see him fight in UFC. Maybe Mir then Couture Then Lesnar and finally Nog (who would be undisputed UFC HW champ at that time).
Still The fight against Arlovski is promissing as well.  You got to admit that's some solid competition right there.
skullfucking rules

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2008, 02:19:05 PM »
You guys really don't like the dude.  Nothing wrong with that, but it ain't a popularity contest.  It's not about being the most exciting fighter, it's about getting the job done.  You can't argue with the numbers, he never lost (I don't consider that one elbow as loss and it was avenged).

That being said I would love to see him fight in UFC. Maybe Mir then Couture Then Lesnar and finally Nog (who would be undisputed UFC HW champ at that time).
Still The fight against Arlovski is promissing as well.  You got to admit that's some solid competition right there.

I like Fedor and would love to see him fight any and all of these guys. When he starts beating real competition again,(Arvloski is a good start, but not near the top) he will be top HW in my eyes. Until then, there are a lot of unknowns.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2008, 02:23:33 PM »
Why is the burden of proof on Fedor? He's dismantled every single fighter thrown at him. He established himself as the best years ago. I know the UFC fanboys like Bluto can't come to grips with that, but there is not one fighter in their capable of even posing a challenge. There are a few HW's capable of giving him a match, and they aren't in the UFC. Get over it. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2008, 02:31:13 PM »
Why is the burden of proof on Fedor? He's dismantled every single fighter thrown at him. He established himself as the best years ago. I know the UFC fanboys like Bluto can't come to grips with that, but there is not one fighter in their capable of even posing a challenge. There are a few HW's capable of giving him a match, and they aren't in the UFC. Get over it. 

Years ago...exactly. Just like Matt Hughes, Liddell, etc. did a while ago. Sorry, but fighting Sylvia and Arvloski, UFC rejects, just does not cut it to keep #1 status.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2008, 02:52:24 PM »
Mind get out of here with your conspiracy theories.. His fights weren't fixed...  People  don't get beat up like that for any amount of cash!

They were all submission wins...clearly a fix.
w

stone_cold_steve

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2008, 03:07:13 PM »
Years ago...exactly. Just like Matt Hughes, Liddell, etc. did a while ago. Sorry, but fighting Sylvia and Arvloski, UFC rejects, just does not cut it to keep #1 status.

Both Hughes and Liddell have faced some losses, Fedor hasn't.  And allhough his recent competition wasn't tot notch, the thing is:  you got to beat the champ to become the champ.

As him being not interesting.. I think it's entertaining to see guys like Bob sapp trying to bumrush some dude or two guys trying to knock eachothers head of, but only for a few minutes.  I guess I can appreciate technique and skill more. 
If you're into knock outs watch boxing or K1, this however is MMA a submission counts as much as a victory as a KO.
skullfucking rules

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2008, 03:45:59 PM »
Both Hughes and Liddell have faced some losses, Fedor hasn't.  And allhough his recent competition wasn't tot notch, the thing is:  you got to beat the champ to become the champ.

As him being not interesting.. I think it's entertaining to see guys like Bob sapp trying to bumrush some dude or two guys trying to knock eachothers head of, but only for a few minutes.  I guess I can appreciate technique and skill more. 
If you're into knock outs watch boxing or K1, this however is MMA a submission counts as much as a victory as a KO.

Liddell and Hughes have losses because they didn't dodge top competition. Bottom line... I like to see good MMA skills as well. You have to admit, the UFC may not have all of the best fighters in the world, but they have more than any other promotion. Fedor is not really a champ right now in my eyes...he has an Affliction belt. ::) He needs to step up to the big leagues, where earning a belt means something.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2008, 03:46:02 PM »

And how many interesting submission victories against SKILLED opponets have Fedor provided the last few years? Exactly which fights are you refering to when you talk about your appreciation of technique and skill?
Z

nomogetsced

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2008, 03:50:06 PM »
all i think is that yeah he hasnt fought top dogs lately and the grabbing the ropes on lindland didnt he finish off his back? anyways he wins his fights and no top guys want to fight him but randy. come on guys he is a bad ass got dropped on his head and didnt phase him. i just have a lot of respect for him and what he has done i just think PEOPLE  should be doggin on him

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2008, 07:27:52 PM »
I like Fedor and would love to see him fight any and all of these guys. When he starts beating real competition again,(Arvloski is a good start, but not near the top) he will be top HW in my eyes. Until then, there are a lot of unknowns.

he already beat nog twice. if nog beats mir and lesnar, and fedor's already beaten nog TWICE, what's the problem?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2008, 07:46:10 PM »
he already beat nog twice. if nog beats mir and lesnar, and fedor's already beaten nog TWICE, what's the problem?
Before he fought Fedor he had three or four wins in a row. Besides it's not math or logic. A defeats B defeats C therefor A defeats C,... it doesn't work like that.Who do you consider the Nr 1 HW?
I have to agree with Bluto, at one time he may have been the best, so was Mike Tyson, what is he now? Fedor hasn't fought top competition in years, regardless in UFC or not. He's fought a couple of loopy gooks and a couple of UFC dropouts, whoopie. If he truely wants to be known as #1, he has to step up and continually prove it.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!