Author Topic: overtraining  (Read 12857 times)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: overtraining
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2009, 08:39:28 AM »
Fatpanda, you are a dumb shit. How about actually going to a gym and trying it out?

You cannot overtrain if you train right. PERIOD.

so all the powerlifters and bodybuilders who overtrain are dumb and giant sets are the key to continued growth in size and strength without burnout ::)

Once you start to experience overtraining symptoms after weeks of heavy training, you simply train different, i.e. statics, plyometrics, light weights, bodyweight exercises etc. PLUS you need lots of active recovering all the time, like sauna, massages, meditation etc.

Overtraining symtoms ? i thought you said you have never experienced overtraining symptoms  ::) so which is it have you over trained and stalled like everyone else and had to periodise in some way to recover ( AND HAVE BEEN LYING THROUGHOUT THIS THREAD) or does this advice only apply to dumb athletes

It's easy, you are just too dumb.

yes, anyone wasting time listening to your drivel is very dumb

175lbs by 31st July

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 03:29:22 PM »
in fact the first three years i was training, i trained 7 days a week high volume. and i didnt eat mmuch carbs either. (i liked low carb cuz when i lost fat initially it was with an atkins diet). over those three years neve once did i experience any symptoms of overtraining.  and i never missed a day unless it was impossible for me to get to a gym or workout with my weights at my house.

im basing my opinion that overtraining rarely ever occurs to people and thats it a big misconseption and an over used term off of my real woprld experience, not off of a study.

i also know of a pro who trains pretty much 7 days a week. maybe 1 day off every 10 days or so. bt even on that day its still a bit calves and abs and traps at home .

2 factors you're missing:

1) You were (and still are) at a peak for your body's natural hormone production - test, GH, will probably never be naturally higher than they have been for you.  Add in your chemically-assisted exploits and you have that x2.  Your views will change when you a) go off gear and b) turn 30.

2) That pro is on enough gear to slay a walrus.  Refer to point #1.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 04:56:48 PM »
2 factors you're missing:

1) You were (and still are) at a peak for your body's natural hormone production - test, GH, will probably never be naturally higher than they have been for you.  Add in your chemically-assisted exploits and you have that x2.  Your views will change when you a) go off gear and b) turn 30.

2) That pro is on enough gear to slay a walrus.  Refer to point #1.

tes and gh arent adversely effected by volume training.   

a high volume high frequency trianeer with a high fat high cholestrol diet will kcik the shit out the the test and gh levels of a low volume low frequency trainer with a regular diet.....      and if both have equal diet both hormone will be equal.... 

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 08:48:45 PM »

tes and gh arent adversely effected by volume training.   

Test and GH start to drop after about 45-60 minutes of training.  This is old news.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 12:13:34 AM »

It seems that you are too dumb to understand it.

The_Crusher

• Getbig II
  • It's not a workout until you bust blood vessels
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 07:40:59 AM »
interesting split!

I'd like to hear what your routine is, especially day 1.
Do you do any presses for delts, or will the pressing exercises on chest be enough? i can't press anything with delts after chest.

Incline dumbbell presses 3-4 sets after light warm ups and stretching between sets.
Flat barbell press (Bench) 3 sets, and dumbbell pull-overs 3 sets. Chest is done.

Individual Dumbell side laterals. Use your loose hand to brace yourself on a 45 degree bench. 4 sets total. Shoulders are done.

Triceps barbell extensions, (skull-crushers) 3-4 sets.
Triceps push downs or rope extensions, 3-4 sets. Tris are done.
Cardio for 20 mins. after workout.

Take 3 days off. Do cardio for 40 mins. one day between times off also work abs or calves during cardio days.

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2009, 07:48:22 AM »
good discussion we have here, i got sick last friday , was down for 3 days , skipped my whole workout for a week, but taking off after 8-10 week feels good!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2009, 04:18:17 AM »
good discussion we have here, i got sick last friday , was down for 3 days , skipped my whole workout for a week, but taking off after 8-10 week feels good!

You can use the time when you are sick to regenerate your body as well. Lots of sleep, good food, lots of water or tea, depending on the sickness of course other stuff as well.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2009, 06:44:15 AM »
You can use the time when you are sick to regenerate your body as well. Lots of sleep, good food, lots of water or tea, depending on the sickness of course other stuff as well.

most can, but you do not need such things - your training is perfect.  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2009, 06:46:20 AM »
most can, but you do not need such things - your training is perfect.  ::)

Indeed.

On a side note, if you had read my posts without all the hate you seem to harbor against me, you would have realized i was talking about periodisation of training accompanied by active regeneration. It is not my fault you are dumb as shit with a hard, not smart mentality. Now get off my nuts.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2009, 06:47:55 AM »
Indeed.

On a side note, if you had read my posts without all the hate you seem to harbor against me, you would have realized i was talking about periodisation of training accompanied by active regeneration. It is not my fault you are dumb as shit with a hard, not smart mentality. Now get off my nuts.

i read and understood your posts with no trouble i assure you.

oh and MELTDOWN !
175lbs by 31st July

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2009, 06:52:47 AM »
i read and understood your posts with no trouble i assure you.

oh and MELTDOWN !

Fuck off, Fatass.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2009, 06:58:48 AM »
175lbs by 31st July

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2009, 07:04:35 AM »
:o

You're seriously getting on my nerves. Nothing against a good discussion, but ignoring the facts and going on a personal crusade because i found good ideas against overtraining is ridiculous.

You could write "Thanks DK, cool ideas! I will try the periodisation and active recovery and keep you informed", but instead you act like a kid and ridicule it.

So do me the favor and keep the BS to the G&O and act like a man or STFU.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2009, 07:18:23 AM »
You're seriously getting on my nerves. Nothing against a good discussion, but ignoring the facts and going on a personal crusade because i found good ideas against overtraining is ridiculous.

You could write "Thanks DK, cool ideas! I will try the periodisation and active recovery and keep you informed", but instead you act like a kid and ridicule it.

So do me the favor and keep the BS to the G&O and act like a man or STFU.
listen you melting clown, do not try to pretend you have been reasonable in this thread and tried to debate training practices.In this thread you have claimed that:

a) you have never burnt out or hit a plateau.
b) you have increased weights every work with no stalling.
c) overtraining is a myth, its simply poor training practices.

I am pissing you of because i called you on your rediculous claims.
175lbs by 31st July

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2009, 07:23:38 AM »
listen you melting clown, do not try to pretend you have been reasonable in this thread and tried to debate training practices.In this thread you have claimed that:

a) you have never burnt out or hit a plateau. where did i claim that? I wrote that i don't do NOW, not that i never have. Idiot.
b) you have increased weights every work with no stalling. Also, where did i write that i increase weight every WO? I never wrote that. I wrote that i train intense every WO, i even wrote that lower weights is intense too, if done right. Idiot.
c) overtraining is a myth, its simply poor training practices. Yes, i wrote that you can AVOID overtraining b using the right training principles.

I am pissing you of because i called you on your rediculous claims. ridiculous, not rediculous

You are melting down because you are illiterate. now STFU.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2009, 07:52:03 AM »
You are melting down because you are illiterate. now STFU.

you have been lying through your teeth throughout this entire thread.

you claimed giants sets won't burn you out and never have burned you out - a lie as many here can attest, they can and do burn you out regardless of rest and nutrition.

you claimed you keep increasing weights - a lie as now your backtracking can attest

you claimed people who overtrain are simply using poor training methods - a lie as even Olympic athletes suffer from overtraining, so either you know more than them or are lying  ::)

you are melting beyond belief in this thread. As your pulling me up on speling errors can attest  ::)

i understand you love giant sets and really believe in them. I also understand it is due to this love and attachment that you have gotten carried away with your claims. also you may have spent lots of money on pre/post workout supershakes to help you get through the giant set workouts, which has further increased your attachment to this type of workout. So the revelation that milions of trainers have burned out and got stuck on increasing weights using giant sets is a terrifying one for you, as you simply cannot accept you have invested time effort and money in doing grueling soul destroying workouts for a few pounds of muscle gain that will sooner or later turn out to be a big mistake unless you start to take steroids.

simply accept you were wrong and move on. we have all been there.
175lbs by 31st July

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2009, 08:31:21 AM »
you have been lying through your teeth throughout this entire thread.

you claimed giants sets won't burn you out and never have burned you out - a lie as many here can attest, they can and do burn you out regardless of rest and nutrition. True, i NEVER burned out on Giant Sets. What do you want me to lie? I niver burned out on Giant sets because i periodise my training. Will you get that already??

you claimed you keep increasing weights - a lie as now your backtracking can attest Wrong. I increase weight, but periodically. Learn the word, you don't seem to know it.

you claimed people who overtrain are simply using poor training methods - a lie as even Olympic athletes suffer from overtraining, so either you know more than them or are lying  ::) One doesn't contradict the other. An Olympic athlete that burned out has trained wrong.

you are melting beyond belief in this thread. As your pulling me up on speling errors can attest  ::)

i understand you love giant sets and really believe in them. I also understand it is due to this love and attachment that you have gotten carried away with your claims. also you may have spent lots of money on pre/post workout supershakes to help you get through the giant set workouts, which has further increased your attachment to this type of workout. So the revelation that milions of trainers have burned out and got stuck on increasing weights using giant sets is a terrifying one for you, as you simply cannot accept you have invested time effort and money in doing grueling soul destroying workouts for a few pounds of muscle gain that will sooner or later turn out to be a big mistake unless you start to take steroids. These people use Giant sets in a wrong way. No human can increase the weight all the time, i wrote that before. You need to periodise your training.

simply accept you were wrong and move on. we have all been there.

Last post from me in this thread. I have been misquoted too much, Fatpanda, you must be the dumbest person on the planet. I never lied, and i see no sense in lying to people i don't know about overtraining.

I overtrained constantly on DC, i wrote that before, that's why i switched to GS. With Giant sets, i never overtrained because i change the training around all the time.

Anyone who does not believe me can read my threads about Giant sets.

Like i said, this is my last post in this thread, so don't even bother to give an answer, fatpanda. Instead, try to read the thread again and try to understand what i tried to tell you, then try it and write me a PM in 5 weeks.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2009, 08:35:43 AM »

Last post from me in this thread. I have been misquoted too much, Fatpanda, you must be the dumbest person on the planet. I never lied, and i see no sense in lying to people i don't know about overtraining.

I overtrained constantly on DC, i wrote that before, that's why i switched to GS. With Giant sets, i never overtrained because i change the training around all the time.

Anyone who does not believe me can read my threads about Giant sets.

Like i said, this is my last post in this thread, so don't even bother to give an answer, fatpanda. Instead, try to read the thread again and try to understand what i tried to tell you, then try it and write me a PM in 5 weeks.

bye then liar.
175lbs by 31st July