Author Topic: Ray Ray's status  (Read 6668 times)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Ray Ray's status
« on: January 19, 2009, 12:41:38 PM »
Up, has Ray Ray played his last game in a Raven's uniform.  I know he is an UFA, and Suggs is a RFA.  Do the Raven's sign both?  One?  Ray, although making the All Pro team, is 33.  Does he restructure to create cap space for the team? 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Ray Ray's status
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 01:38:38 PM »
Ray Lewis will be signed to a three or four year extension. The local media has reported that owner Steve Bischotti fully intends to bring back Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs.

Suggs is a no-brainer. You simply can't replace his talent in one season. The guy recorded two sacks with basically one arm against the Steelers. He's only 26 and he's already a six year veteran. He will be offered a multi-year contract by training camp.

Lewis is the face of the Baltimore Ravens. Unless Lewis really wants to leave and pursue other options, he will be back in Baltimore. Judging by the success the team enjoyed with first year starter, Joe Flacco, it should be an easy decision to stay. I believe he wants to finish what he started in Baltimore. It's not about the money. He's accomplished everything in his career. He simply wants to play for another chance at the ring. Staying with Baltimore gives him a solid shot at playing for a contender for the next couple of seasons. He still made all-pro at 33 and he's a little slower but you can't replace the leadership, football intelligence, and intangibles he brings. Lewis is truly one of kind and he will continue to play at high level as he enters his mid 30's.

Bart Scott will be the odd man out. He's gone for sure as a free agent.

body88

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 02:17:27 PM »
Ray Lewis will be signed to a three or four year extension. The local media has reported that owner Steve Bischotti fully intends to bring back Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs.

Suggs is a no-brainer. You simply can't replace his talent in one season. The guy recorded two sacks with basically one arm against the Steelers. He's only 26 and he's already a six year veteran. He will be offered a multi-year contract by training camp.

Lewis is the face of the Baltimore Ravens. Unless Lewis really wants to leave and pursue other options, he will be back in Baltimore. Judging by the success the team enjoyed with first year starter, Joe Flacco, it should be an easy decision to stay. I believe he wants to finish what he started in Baltimore. It's not about the money. He's accomplished everything in his career. He simply wants to play for another chance at the ring. Staying with Baltimore gives him a solid shot at playing for a contender for the next couple of seasons. He still made all-pro at 33 and he's a little slower but you can't replace the leadership, football intelligence, and intangibles he brings. Lewis is truly one of kind and he will continue to play at high level as he enters his mid 30's.

How many players might follow Rex to NYC?  Rex will blow the Jets up, and cut all those horrible contracts they did last year.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 02:53:47 PM »
it's funny....as I typed that last post, the local Baltimore media reported that Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys is prepared to offer Ray Lewis a 3 year contract worth a GUARANTEED 25 million to play for the Dallas Cowboys. :o :o :o

is that crazy or what? How desperate is Jones to restore that locker room with some much needed leadership?

Can't blame Ray for jumping on that offer but I think it would be a huge mistake joining that circus. I have to think that Ray lewis is a lifetime Raven but you never know....money talks.

body88

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 03:56:22 PM »
it's funny....as I typed that last post, the local Baltimore media reported that Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys is prepared to offer Ray Lewis a 3 year contract worth a GUARANTEED 25 million to play for the Dallas Cowboys. :o :o :o

is that crazy or what? How desperate is Jones to restore that locker room with some much needed leadership?

Can't blame Ray for jumping on that offer but I think it would be a huge mistake joining that circus. I have to think that Ray lewis is a lifetime Raven but you never know....money talks.

Lol at Jones.....poor Cowboys fans. 

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 04:50:12 PM »
Jerry Jones will spoken in the same sentence as Al Davis.  Mark my words.  Can't throw money at your problems.  He needs to step down as GM. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 07:12:36 PM »
ray told coach tomlin "i would love to play for you"

Mr. Rooney would never take a guy with such poor character

E
E

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 05:49:04 AM »
Jerry Jones will spoken in the same sentence as Al Davis.  Mark my words.  Can't throw money at your problems.  He needs to step down as GM. 

No he doesn't ;)

body88

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 07:09:33 AM »
Jones seems to think that inserting Lewis into his locker room will fix all his problems.  You can't buy a locker room hierarchy.  Maybe Jones should try drafting some character guys....some football players who love the game.  Thats why I always smile when the pats take a guy like Login Mankins in the first round.  No one ever projected the guy to go there and he has turned out to be a monster.  Most importantly though, he is a good guy and he loves football.

Jones' coach is to dumb to coach up a player anyway.  If Jones was smart he would go after Gruden or offer Cower something.  Phillips is an idiot.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 07:15:34 AM »
Jones seems to think that inserting Lewis into his locker room will fix all his problems.  You can't buy a locker room hierarchy.  Maybe Jones should try drafting some character guys....some football players who love the game.  Thats why I always smile when the pats take a guy like Login Mankins in the first round.  No one ever projected the guy to go there and he has turned out to be a monster.  Most importantly though, he is a good guy and he loves football.

Jones' coach is to dumb to coach up a player anyway.  If Jones was smart he would go after Gruden or offer Cower something.  Phillips is an idiot.

Shhhhhh...I like it that way ;)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 08:05:17 AM »
ray told coach tomlin "i would love to play for you"

Mr. Rooney would never take a guy with such poor character

E

give me an example of poor character. You mean like getting caught driving a car and smoking weed at the same time? That kind of character??

Apparently, Mr. Rooney likes that kind of character on his football team.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 08:42:47 AM »

QFT....They let go of Lewis or Suggs (the future) they are crazy...will never happen

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 09:59:37 AM »
The Ravens WILL NOT give Ray Lewis a 25 million guaranteed contract for three years. No way.

If Lewis took that offer from the Cowboys, I could hardly blame him. Name another NFL player at almost 34 years old that has ever been given NEW contract with 25 million in guaranteed money. I'm not talking about an extension.

I'm talking a new contract with a new team at that age. Never been done in the NFL, I dont think.

Therefore, It wouldn't surprise me if he left as a free agent. I'm even less surprised that Jerry Jones would offer something like that.

Obviously, I hope he stays a Raven for the rest of his career. I think he has a better chance of playing for a championship for the Ravens then he does with the Cowboys.

Suggs will be re-signed. It's not even an issue.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 03:05:11 PM »
give me an example of poor character. You mean like getting caught driving a car and smoking weed at the same time? That kind of character??

Apparently, Mr. Rooney likes that kind of character on his football team.

you can't compare that to being involved with a murder ;)

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 06:19:17 PM »
you can't compare that to being involved with a murder ;)

E

Maybe not. But Lewis didn't kill anybody either.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 02:10:07 PM »

How many players might follow Rex to NYC?  Rex will blow the Jets up, and cut all those horrible contracts they did last year.

Body, would you like to see David Harris get cut from the Jets and be a linebacker on the pats?
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 02:16:18 PM »

if you are friends with murderers you may as well be a murderer

birds of a feather

E
E

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 01:14:38 PM »
So Bart Scott is done, Ray Ray re signed, and Suggs franchised?  Whats the dealio, Up?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 01:19:23 PM »

neither did OJ

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 01:51:41 PM »
first billick, now possibly ray?

the rivalry is losing some of it's luster :-\

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 02:04:26 PM »
neither did OJ

A black guy that thinks OJ didn't kill anybody.

What a shocker!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 02:05:46 PM »
first billick, now possibly ray?

the rivalry is losing some of it's luster :-\

E

What did I miss? Elaborate on Billick and Ray. Been working my ass off so I haven't been able to keep up with the latest.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 02:09:30 PM »
A black guy that thinks OJ didn't kill anybody.

What a shocker!

A ravens fan that didnt think murder ray killed anyone. shoking

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 02:20:16 PM »
A ravens fan that didnt think murder ray killed anyone. shoking

He didn't kill anybody. Know your facts before you post stupid shit. He was found guilty of obstruction of justice as part of a plea agreement. Wrong place, wrong time with the wrong kinds of friends.

I will not lie. The truth is that between the ages of 21-25, Ray Lewis was known as a serious douchebag around Baltimore. Going out to clubs wearing chinchilla fur coats, pushing his way through clubs with his entourages, and fucking every white blonde stripper in sight.

That murder case changed everything about him as far as personality, religion, and who he chooses as friends. He was scared straight like you wouldn't believe. Since 2000, Ray Lewis hasn't so much as jaywalked, let alone get any attention from the media about his personal life.

I'm not defending his past. But the bottom line is that he didn't kill anybody or premeditate anything. Just a dumb kid in 2000 hanging with the wrong crowd with an inflated ego.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 02:34:34 PM »
He didn't kill anybody. Know your facts before you post stupid shit. He was found guilty of obstruction of justice as part of a plea agreement. Wrong place, wrong time with the wrong kinds of friends.

I will not lie. The truth is that between the ages of 21-25, Ray Lewis was known as a serious douchebag around Baltimore. Going out to clubs wearing chinchilla fur coats, pushing his way through clubs with his entourages, and fucking every white blonde stripper in sight.

That murder case changed everything about him as far as personality, religion, and who he chooses as friends. He was scared straight like you wouldn't believe. Since 2000, Ray Lewis hasn't so much as jaywalked, let alone get any attention from the media about his personal life.

I'm not defending his past. But the bottom line is that he didn't kill anybody or premeditate anything. Just a dumb kid in 2000 hanging with the wrong crowd with an inflated ego.

I used to bang a chick from Baltimore. I think the city was columbia. Also my car broke down on highway 41...pulawski. Very shitty